The Official Hurricane Frances thread...

Mr D

Atlantic Tropical Storm
Hurricane Frances Intermediate Advisory Number 44a

Issued at: 7:45 PM EDT 9/4/04 (gateway).

Large hurricane drifting slowly toward Florida east coast,

A hurricane warning remains in effect for the east coast of Florida from Florida city northward to flagler beach, including lake okeechobee. A hurricane warning remains in effect for grand bahama, abaco, bimimi and the berry islands.

A hurricane warning means that hurricane conditions are expected within the warning area within the next 24 hours. Preparations to protect life and property should already have been completed.

A tropical storm warning remains in effect from north of flagler beach to altamaha sound.

A hurricane watch remain in effect from north of flagler beach to fernandina beach.

A tropical storm warning remains in effect for the Florida peninsula, on the west coast, from st. Marks southward around the southern end of the pennisula to just south of Florida city on the southeast coast, and for the middle and upper keys from south of florida city to the seven mile bridge, and for Florida bay.

A tropical storm watch remains in effect along the Florida panhandle from west of st. Marks to panama city.

At 8 pm edt, 0000z, the large eye of hurricane frances was located by aircraft, radar and surface observations near latitude 27.0 north, longitude 79.4 west or about 50 miles east-northeast of palm beach Florida.

Frances has been drifting slowly west-northwestward near 5 mph. A slow west or west-northwestward motion is expected tonight. On this track, the strongest winds surrounding the large eye of frances should reach the Florida east coast in the next several hours.

Maximum sustained winds remain near 105 mph, 165 km/hr, with higher gusts. Some strengthening is possible before landfall.

Hurricane force winds extend outward up to 75 miles, 120 km, from the center, and tropical storm force winds extend outward up to 205 miles, 335 km. Strong winds are already affecting the east coast of Florida and will be spreading inland, where warnings for hurricane and tropical storm force winds have been issued.

The estimated minimum central pressure is 951 mb, 28.08 inches.

Storm surge flooding of 3 to 5 feet above normal tide levels can still be possible on the west side of islands of the northern bahamas.

Coastal storm surge flooding of 4 to 6 feet above normal tide levels, along with large and dangerous battering waves, is expected near and to the north of where the center makes landfall in Florida. Storm surge flooding of 5 feet above normal levels is expected in lake okeechobee. Along the southwest Florida coast, storm surge flooding of 1 to 3 feet above normal tide levels is expected south of the path of frances.

Storm total rainfall amounts could reach 20 inches in the northwest bahamas. Rainfall amounts of 8 to 12 inches, with locally higher amounts, to near 20 inches, are expected over the Florida peninsula in association with frances.

Isolated tornadoes are possible over portions of central and south florida tonight.

Swells generated by frances are affecting portions of the southeastern coast of the united states. These swells could cause dangerous surf and rip currents.

Repeating the 8 pm edt position, 27.0 n, 79.4 w. Expected movement, drifting west-northwestward. Maximum sustained winds, 105 mph. Minimum central pressure, 951 mb.

For storm information specific to your area, please monitor products issued by your local weather office.

The next advisory will be issued by the national hurricane center at 11 pm edt.

National Weather Service

Atta83

TimeTrip said:
They're expecting the peak sustained winds to be 70+ mph between 3am and 6am. Like I'm gonna be able to sleep through that heh.
Just dont sleep next to a window and be safe during the night!!!!

Mr D

doppler_loop_640x480.gif

Atta83

speck76 said:
All of my rooms have windows!

Debbie Downer SNL WDW skit is on E! right now

What I meant was not your head next to the window....

And man I am missing the DD skit ....MANN....

stitchrules223

ok, i know this sounds stupid and is kind of off topic, but I'm new here and I'm not sure how to start a new thread! Can someone please tell me how? Sorry, I feel so stupid, but i can't figure it out! :dazzle:

speck76

stitchrules223 said:
ok, i know this sounds stupid and is kind of off topic, but I'm new here and I'm not sure how to start a new thread! Can someone please tell me how? Sorry, I feel so stupid, but i can't figure it out! :dazzle:

Click the button marked "New Thread"

Welcome to the forums! :D

HorizonsMan

Yeah what is it with this storm its wait wait wait, its like going out on a date and waiting for your date to get ready, hurry up already

speck76

TimeTrip said:
As of the 11pm update they're guessing landfall will be at 5am. Will this thing ever get on shore or what?!?! ;)

It reminds me of walking behind a family with a doublewide stroller on Main Street USA at parking closing....move slow....stop......move slow.....stop....move slow....stop......move slow.....stop....move slow....stop......move slow.....stop

Figment1986

dang it.... I cannot believe this is going so slow... my home may be slightly flooded while my friends will be flooded...

I hate this Tropical storm/huricaine...

(not making to my school untill 8:00p.m. tomorrow... darn it, get out... at least i may still have contact with them untill then...

Everyone on eastcoast of FLA.. stay safe... concerve your generators if you are using them now... u will need it latter...

Gail Hayden

TimeTrip said:
As of the 11pm update they're guessing landfall will be at 5am. Will this thing ever get on shore or what?!?! ;)
Not sure how you missed this, but, here goes:
From page 52:
Hurricane Francis Made Landfall At Fort Pierce on 9:34PM EDT September 4, 2004

Hold on Guys, HERE SHE IS !!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom