The Next Disney Vacation Club Resort Announced

Main Street USA

Now if the best time to become a member. Nothing is gaurenteed, but do you think the purchase price will stay the same once AK Lodge is put on the market?

My parents and I are so excited and we own at DSSR. We have no intention of owning AK LOdge cause we know we can use AK Lodge just fine. For us, it means we have another place to call home!

So if you have been thinking about it - now is the time, now is the best time, now is the best time of your life.

(Carousel of Progress reference :) )

Please remember also that this is still considered a proposed resort.
Actually, now is a terrible time to buy, unless you want your home resort to be SSR. I don't want to hear abouty how it doesn't matter what your home resort is either, because it most definitely does. If you think for a second you'll get a spolt at AKL without it being your home resort when it opens, you're mistaken. Best to wait until they open AKL for buying if you ever want to stay there.

EDIT - I see that others already addressed this issue. I posted before I read the entire thread. Thanks.

Main Street USA

No Contemporary DVC. :cry: :cry:
Actually, the Contemporary DVC is still prposed to be next. So, not sure why you think that. The north wing is closed for a reason, and that reason is.....the DVC is coming. When? Probably about 2008 - 09ish....about the time the AKL is finished selling out. ;)

I dig the DVC, and I was going to wait to buy in at the Contemp, but man, the discount at SSR is tempting, and the new AKL is even more tempting with no discount. EEK!

I suppose I could always grab extra points at the Contemporary.....

Main Street USA

Computer Magic -

Nope..... DSSR is the only one for sale right now. AK Villas is still a PROPOSED resort.

But it does not matter where you own.

Yes, you get 11 months out to book your home resort, 7 months for every place else. Most people book their trip 4-6 months in advance. If you wanna wait that's cool, chances are though the price we have now will not be the price we would have for AK Villas.
I'm not trying to bash you here, but come on....

If this is true, then why is it that every single thing you read about home resort (that isn't info from someone who sells it), says that you had better buy into a resort you like to stay in, because the chances are slim when you only book 7 months out. You think it's easy for someone whom owns at OKW to stay at either of the Epcot area DVCs? Of course, it isn't. In fact, it's nearly IMPOSSIBLE. You'll find yourself on a waiting list, never to be taken off if you call 7 months in advance for those places.

EDIT - I see that others already addressed this issue. I posted before I read the entire thread. Thanks.

jmuboy

I travel in the off season, stay in Studios and have never stayed in my home DVC resort - justthrowing that out there.

PhilharMagician

I will be able to afford the dvc once this is finished well the first round if it happens.

My gf has a dvc at saratoga and its a great resort except the buses really turned me off to that resort. We were always the last resort to be picked up from the parks. We waited 45 minutes once to be picked up by a bus.

If this dvc will have better bus service I will definitely chose it over saratoga.

Sorry you had problems. I have stayed at SSR 3 times now and have not been disappointed with the bussing at all. I will say that when we stayed in 2004 before the Spring and the Paddock opened it was even better because there was only 4 buildings open. It is one of the best resorts for bussing. A bonus is having DTD right next door you can easily and fairly quickly get to and from any resort.

PhilharMagician

I travel in the off season, stay in Studios and have never stayed in my home DVC resort - justthrowing that out there.

I have been on a waiting list 4 separate times trying to get into BCV & BWV and have no sucess and that was during all during the value season. This year I was able to get 2 nights only in WLV for the 2 weeks I will be there. I was however able to get OKW with no problem and of course my home resort at SSR. I have been thinking about buying points for either BWV or BCV just so I can get a chance to stay there. I remeber when I bought into DVC I was told I should easily be able to stay at whatever resort I wanted to. Well, that will never happen. I really have to work and plan at least 1 year in advance for my vacation. We are already starting to think about dates for November or December 2007 so I can at least book my home resort and then wait for the 7 month window and pray.

When do you travel to be able to get these resorts?
What is your home resort?

What is your secret?

Nuts

Well, maybe I am unique, but I have NEVER had a problem booking other resorts...even for busy times. Heck, I spent last christmas at BCV. I booked at the 7 month window. Had to waitlist for a couple days...but they came through. My home resort is SSR. Been to Disney 15+ times. No booking problems. With 450+ rooms at AKL, I just don't see a problem booking at the 7 month window. YMMV.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
No one will have any special priority on points, as far as I know.

And if you think demand for AKLV will be high, wait until they build at the Contemporary (assuming they are planning to do that still), or the Poly, or the GF.

optjay

Just returned from WDW and saw the construction of a rather semi perm. eight foot fence around the west wing at Contemp. complete with water booms in the lake! Demo nearing? build two DVC resorts at once?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It'll probably take a while to get the Contemporary DVC built... maybe they're planning to have it totally ready in 2009, instead of in phases?

minnie61650

It'll probably take a while to get the Contemporary DVC built... maybe they're planning to have it totally ready in 2009, instead of in phases?

I am hoping they give the CR a go ahead for a DVC.

A DVC at the Contemporary would have been awesome and IMHO would have brought in many guests

None of the present DVC's appeal to me.
When I go to Disney I want a resort that makes me feel like I am at Disney.
I don't want a resort that reminds me of Africa, the Beach, New England, SS, or even Hawaii, or Mexico. At least in addition to the monorail the Contemporary has close access to the MK and an amazing view of the MK from some of the rooms.

I for one am very saddened that the CR is not going to be the home of the next DVC. :cry: <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Main Street USA

Based on everything that is currently happening, we have to assume that the Contemporary DVC is nearly a certainty. North Wing is closed for "rennovation," yet no rennovation has been happenning for how long now? Marks on the ground for digging, concept art leaked........what more do we need besides an official announcement.

I'd bet we're looking at a late 2008 or early 2009 start time for the building, though.

Pooh For Presid

I have not seen this posted anywhere else but I just heard from a DVC agent that some of the new units at AK will actually also be concierge. This will be the first time that is offered to DVC members. Also AKL will still have conceirge DVC is just taking some of the floor and will make it into DVC concierge. Just a tidbit I had not seen elsewhere.

slappy magoo

Well, why we're all pretending to be Guessy McGuessowitz, maybe, they'll introduce construction of the CR DVC in-between phases of the AKL DVC. Phase 1 of AKL is renovating existing rooms, and Phase 2 is a new building from that I've read. Is this right? Maybe they'll at least announce Contemporary after Phase 1.

Main Street USA

Well, why we're all pretending to be Guessy McGuessowitz, maybe, they'll introduce construction of the CR DVC in-between phases of the AKL DVC. Phase 1 of AKL is renovating existing rooms, and Phase 2 is a new building from that I've read. Is this right? Maybe they'll at least announce Contemporary after Phase 1.
My legal name is Guessy "Right 90% of the Time" Guessington. :D

I hope they announce it then. My guess on when they'd start building may be a bit late, being that they have to announce it before they begin construction.

minnie61650

Just returned from WDW and saw the construction of a rather semi perm. eight foot fence around the west wing at Contemp. complete with water booms in the lake! Demo nearing? build two DVC resorts at once?

The fence is pretty standard.
But the fact that there are water booms is very intersesting.
The water booms would suggest demolition to me or some rather extensive repair work on the structure of the North Wings.

After reading about the water booms I did a little research and dug up (no pun intended) this old rumor from mouseplanet.com.
Maybe there is still some hope for a CR DVC even if it is on a smaller scale.
From a June 26 rumor:

http://mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=wd060626mg

............What we've heard is a variation of an even older rumor, that the North Garden Wing of the Contemporary Resort would become a DVC resort. Now, prior rumors had indicated that the South Garden Wing would be converted to DVC lodgings, while still others indicated that a new DVC resort would be built on the current site of the Contemporary's tennis center. The South Garden Wing has already been refurbished into upgraded hotel accommodations. The tennis center is not in danger due to Reedy Creek Improvement District zoning regulations, which preclude new construction that close to the water. In fact, the North Garden Wing location cannot host new construction due to those same rules.
However, refurbishment of the Contemporary Resort is officially scheduled for completion this summer, yet no work has been done to date on the North Garden Wing buildings. The new reports indicate that the North Garden Wing buildings will be gutted down to the steel superstructure. (They can't remove the steel, because then it would be "new construction" and would violate the zoning laws. The old structures would be grandfathered in as existing structures being "renovated.") They'd then add two floors to the top and rebuild the interiors as DVC lodgings.
---------------------------------------
This rumor always made more sense to me than a 14 story modern tower.
I think the timeline would be correct because it will would most likely take a year to gut the existing structure. It might take about 2 more years to add two floors to the top and rebuild the interiors as DVC lodgings.
I do not see a CR DVC being built in stages so I think the timeline might be correct.
Time will tell.
I am still hoping.

Mr.EPCOT

Looking from a transportation standpoint, of course, if an entire new tower is built at the Contemporary, the line for the Monorail would become nightmarish! We would have some major issues. They'll never do this, but what I'd love to see them do is build a WEDWay over to Tomorrowland as a secondary entrance into the park from the Contemporary, ala the International Gateway at EPCOT.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom