The Next Disney Vacation Club Resort Announced

d-r

Computer Magic -

Nope..... DSSR is the only one for sale right now. AK Villas is still a PROPOSED resort.

But it does not matter where you own.

Yes, you get 11 months out to book your home resort, 7 months for every place else. Most people book their trip 4-6 months in advance. If you wanna wait that's cool, chances are though the price we have now will not be the price we would have for AK Villas.

Magic Maker.

I am a dvc member, I own contracts at wilderness lodge, beach club, and saratoga springs.

I take it from your first post that you are a cast member at dvc.

I really take some umbridge at this post, "But it does not matter where you own." I just think that is a really horrible statement that reflects the current selling attitude at dvc. I think that dvc is selling SSR points based on the premise that they can be used at the other resorts.

Some of the resorts are smaller than others, and are more popular than others. Reservations are getting harder to come by in those smaller more popular resorts, especially as dvc sells more saratoga points and the demand increases. I have had the experience of calling at the 7-month window and finding that saratoga is the only resort with openings.

I think that people should buy where they intend to stay most often.

I hope that the opening of AKL dvc reduces some of the occupancy of the current smaller resorts. I really am concerned about statements like yours in which it seems that DVC is using the promise of other resorts to sell SSR points.

wannab@dis

Magic Maker.

I am a dvc member, I own contracts at wilderness lodge, beach club, and saratoga springs.

I really take some umbridge at this post, "But it does not matter where you own." I just think that is a really horrible statement that reflects the current selling attitude at dvc. I think that dvc is selling SSR points based on the premise that they can be used at the other resorts.

Some of the resorts are smaller than others, and are more popular than others. Reservations are getting harder to come by in those smaller more popular resorts, especially as dvc sells more saratoga points and the demand increases. I have had the experience of calling at the 7-month window and finding that saratoga is the only resort with openings.

I hope that the opening of AKL dvc reduces some of the occupancy of the current smaller resorts. I really am concerned about statements like yours in which it seems that DVC is using the promise of other resorts to sell SSR points.
Exactly! Good post.

This is a prime reason that I haven't purchased yet. I walked into the presentation knowing the facts about the booking windows and how the points worked... did my homework. The salesperson pulled the same basic "it doesn't matter where you buy" nonsense and immediately turned me off the purchase. I know it matters. Especially at popular resorts during popular times of the year. There's no doubt in my mind that AKL will be a VERY popular resort. The likelihood of booking during the 7mo window by non-AKL owners is slim.

I'm also a little annoyed this "news" thread is being used as a sales tool for a DVC CM.

Magic Maker

Original Poster
Alright then....

I am going to stop posting.

I never intended for this to be a sales tool, especially since I am not someone who actually sells DVC. I politely back out.

Computer Magic

Exactly! Good post.

This is a prime reason that I haven't purchased yet. I walked into the presentation knowing the facts about the booking windows and how the points worked... did my homework. The salesperson pulled the same basic "it doesn't matter where you buy" nonsense and immediately turned me off the purchase. I know it matters. Especially at popular resorts during popular times of the year. There's no doubt in my mind that AKL will be a VERY popular resort. The likelihood of booking during the 7mo window by non-AKL owners is slim.

I'm also a little annoyed this "news" thread is being used as a sales tool for a DVC CM.

Alright then....

I am going to stop posting.

I never intended for this to be a sales tool, especially since I am not someone who actually sells DVC. I politely back out.
Don't back out M&M. I didn't take it as a selling tool...It's my fault for asking the question. I'm curious.

But I do think it matters where your home resort is, otherwise why have a home resort. I have a feeling it may not matter today, but sometime in the future it will matter. Perferred advanced bookings especially as DVC becomes more popular and crowded.

I'll have to watch for when AKL starts selling....maybe you can give me some advance notice ;)

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
It's your money. You've certainly enough trips to WDW to have paid for the membership.

The longer you wait, the higher the price, the less time you have as a member, and the more money you are throwing away.

I personally think it would not be wise to wait. However, it is your money.

I agree. We bought in a year and half ago and added points two months ago. Got a discount per point buy in for the additional and two APs.

It is well worth it now to buy in and if you have to, take a second parttime job to pay it off if you dont want to carry the debt for the five years they will finance for. Also remember, you can rent the points out to help pay for it. We bought in with 250 and added another 130. Its amazing what you can do with 380.

**Disclaimer** I would not encourage anyone to buy into a timeshare if they have other significant debt. Vacations are a luxury.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Magic Maker.

This post has alot of validity. We tried booking in August a two bedroom at Wilderness Lodge, then Old Key west for our trip in January. Both had nothing. The only availability was SSR, our home resort.

Teenchy

I have been a DVC Member for 3 years and the only resort we have had a problem getting a room in was the BCV. And the issue that time was we wanted a studio and they only had a 1bdrm available.
I will state that we usually travel during off peak times so i'm sure thats why we usually have good luck.
We purchased in SSR but actually we have never stayed there!

Empress Room

the presidential and vice presidential suites are on the 5th floor

I guess this doesn't fully answer the question, but it helps. I'm scheduled to stay at AKL concierge this December, and I'm wondering what, if any, effect the DVC construction will have on this and future stays. IMHO, the concierge level at AKL is very special and the nicest at any of the Disney resorts. I certainly hope that this conversion does not eliminate the concierge lounge on the sixth floor or otherwise eliminate the concierge rooms/option entirely. Does anyone have any greater insight into this potential issue? (A "blending" of DVC guests and concierge guests in the same lodge in the same area doesn't exactly sound attractive for either type of guest.)

pacochran

How many points do you need to have to stay a full week? How much are the points, and how much is the yearly fee?
THANKS!

It really depends on where you want to stay and when you want to stay. The larger the place the more points, and depending on season also decides amount of points with Peak season being the most.

Depending on where you buy tells what the points are, I believe the price just went up recently. You can also buy someone elses points, which very on what they ask.

The fees vary by points also, right now at BCV I think we are paying about $4.48 a point.

I'm not an expert but based on what I have been told you have have to be carefull about booking your points. Say you own points at 2 different resorts, you can use your home points at your home resort (1), and book at 11 months in advance, but say you want to use your points from home resort (2) for Resort (1) you still have to wait till 7 months before to use those points to book at resort 1. So it can be chancy in booking at one resort if you own points at two resorts.

If anyone knows differently please let me know as I would be interested in that.

Magic Maker

Original Poster
Thank you everyone.

I still think it is best for me to let everyone else continue the conversation. I don't want to get in too deep because there are a lot of legal issues with this type of information.

If you have your heart set on a certain resort then you may want to have that as your home resort. One thing I keep pointing out is that this is still a PROPOSED resort and is subject to change, so please keep this in mind.

The reason I may come off as sales as although I am not a DVC Guide, my role does have sales skills involvement. I am good at what I do because I love what I do. I am enthusiastic about Disney Vacation Club NOT because I am a Cast Member for DVC. Rather, I am a DVC Cast Member because of my enthusiasm for Disney and DVC. It is hard to turn that off because it is who I am, which I why I do what I do for a living.
I started thsi thread because of how excited I was about the announcement of AK Villas as the next PROPOSED resort.

But for my best interest and the best interest of the other posters, I will back off. I did not realize the perception, and I appreciate you all bringing it to my attention so I can fix it.

Computer Magic

Thank you everyone.

I still think it is best for me to let everyone else continue the conversation. I don't want to get in too deep because there are a lot of legal issues with this type of information.

If you have your heart set on a certain resort then you may want to have that as your home resort. One thing I keep pointing out is that this is still a PROPOSED resort and is subject to change, so please keep this in mind.

The reason I may come off as sales as although I am not a DVC Guide, my role does have sales skills involvement. I am good at what I do because I love what I do. I am enthusiastic about Disney Vacation Club NOT because I am a Cast Member for DVC. Rather, I am a DVC Cast Member because of my enthusiasm for Disney and DVC. It is hard to turn that off because it is who I am, which I why I do what I do for a living.
I started thsi thread because of how excited I was about the announcement of AK Villas as the next PROPOSED resort.

But for my best interest and the best interest of the other posters, I will back off. I did not realize the perception, and I appreciate you all bringing it to my attention so I can fix it.
I am glad you informed us and I hope you continue to share the news. This is very interesting to me. I'm starting to visit Disney more and more so I need to do the math to see if DVC is for me. and what a way to start to have DVC at my favorite resort.

We need more CM like you out there :wave:

majortom1981

Hmm

I will be able to afford the dvc once this is finished well the first round if it happens.

My gf has a dvc at saratoga and its a great resort except the buses really turned me off to that resort. We were always the last resort to be picked up from the parks. We waited 45 minutes once to be picked up by a bus.

If this dvc will have better bus service I will definitely chose it over saratoga.

minnie61650

Computer Magic -

Nope..... DSSR is the only one for sale right now. AK Villas is still a PROPOSED resort.

But it does not matter where you own.

Yes, you get 11 months out to book your home resort, 7 months for every place else. Most people book their trip 4-6 months in advance. If you wanna wait that's cool, chances are though the price we have now will not be the price we would have for AK Villas.

The home resort advantage is the reason I have waited 15 years and will wait even longer.

I feel home resort is the most important part of owning a DVC and I want my home on the monorail because to me that is the most desirable location.

I have the money to invest I am just waiting for a DVC with monorail access.

socalkdg

The home resort advantage is the reason I have waited 15 years and will wait even longer.

I feel home resort is the most important part of owning a DVC and I want my home on the monorail because to me that is the most desirable location.

I have the money to invest I am just waiting for a DVC with monorail access.
The most desireable location is either BWV or BCV(I own at both). :)

Two parks by boat(or walk), plus the Boardwalk for entertainment, Illuminations or Fantasmic close by, 20+ restaurants, can't beat that. Or walk through Epcot and hop on the monorail to the MK.

Plus my wife is now spoiled in 1 bedrooms.

I bought one of my contracts through resale and the other through Disney. Both worked great.

If you can book 8-11 months in advance and only want to stay at one or two DVCs, then buy resale and buy where you want your home resort to be.

If you book 7 months or less and don't always have to stay at a specific resort, then buy at SSR right now with the discount.

If you have to own at VAK, then wait a couple months and then buy.

The rumor is that the next announced DVC is going to be at the DLR. Sure hope so since I'm there every month. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom