The Next Disney Vacation Club Resort Announced

Magic Maker

Original Poster
Just wanted to share some exciting news...

Our next PROPOSED Disney Vacation Club Resort is

Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas!!!!

I am not kidding you. I am not just passing on a rumor. It was announced by our awesome President Jim Lewis today at our meeting.

A Press Release should be coming out soon.

Please be advised that this is a proposed resort and is subject to change.

imagineersrock

They just confirmed it here on the local news.

Apparently the first phase should be done about a year from now in fall 2007, with the entire project scheduled to be done by 2009. I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure they said 450 rooms total.

typhoonguy

Hey Magic Maker:) Can't believe I didn't hear that until just now... I was out working a cross-u and missed all the fuss:( Thanks for the news!

Magic Maker

Original Poster
There was concept art at the meeting so you may be seeing some soon.

It will be a gorgeous resort.

It will be about 450 rooms total.

Again this is a proposed resort.

Android-XS

The Orlando Sentinel has a story up..

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busi...2,0,6599738.story?coll=orl-business-headlines

Disney time shares are coming to the Animal Kingdom, with a plan for 458 units, the company said Wednesday.

According to Disney, the time shares will be a mix of new construction and renovated accommodations in part of the Animal Kingdom Lodge. They'll feature African-inspired details and most will offer views of a savannah inhabited by a variety of animals.

Development of the Animal Kingdom Villas is scheduled in phases, with units to begin opening in fall 2007. The project is scheduled to be completed by spring 2009.

The first phase will include 134 remodeled accommodations on the fifth and sixth floors of the Animal Kingdom Lodge, and additional phases will include the building of 324 vacation properties in a new building at the resort.

DiPSU224

My husband and I have been trying to save money so we can one day become DVC members. This might just light a fire under us to save a little faster. It's such a beautiful resort.

Magic Maker

Original Poster
My husband and I have been trying to save money so we can one day become DVC members. This might just light a fire under us to save a little faster. It's such a beautiful resort.

Now if the best time to become a member. Nothing is gaurenteed, but do you think the purchase price will stay the same once AK Lodge is put on the market?

My parents and I are so excited and we own at DSSR. We have no intention of owning AK LOdge cause we know we can use AK Lodge just fine. For us, it means we have another place to call home!

So if you have been thinking about it - now is the time, now is the best time, now is the best time of your life.

(Carousel of Progress reference :) )

Please remember also that this is still considered a proposed resort.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So, it`s confirmed. Anyone know exactly where the new builds will be in relation to the current resort?

I guess this means they`ll have more time to think about the Contemporary Tower, and Eagle Pines Resort is really on the back burner now.

I guess it`s seen as Justification for tearing down LBV and building Saratoga. DVC sure is popular... rememebr the Vacation Club Resort when that`s all it was?

jmuboy

As a DVC member, all of this sounds great. I only have an issue with 134 current rooms being converted to DVC. How many regular rooms will that leave? Is the resort having a hard time staying full? Or does Disney beleive that DVC at the resort will reduce demand fro regular rooms?

In any respect, I'll probably plunk down some more money for an AKL DVC.

PhilharMagician

So, it`s confirmed. Anyone know exactly where the new builds will be in relation to the current resort?

I guess this means they`ll have more time to think about the Contemporary Tower, and Eagle Pines Resort is really on the back burner now.

I guess it`s seen as Justification for tearing down LBV and building Saratoga. DVC sure is popular... rememebr the Vacation Club Resort when that`s all it was?

From my interpretation it would have to be to the left of the main resort if you were facing the shecking area. The first post from Magic Maker said it would share the sunset savannah so it would have to ba on that side.

PhilharMagician

Here is AKL and I marked the Sunset Savannah. It looks to me like it could go in a couple of locations, but if they are going to add another savannah are you guess is as good as mine.

Take a look at this and if anyone has any ideas mark it up.

Shaman

Cool. Any chance we'll get some sort of water transportation (or something other than Bus) to the AK from AKL at some point in time?

Magic Maker

Original Poster
No talk of alternate transportation, the problem is AKL sits very close to backstage of AK park. So water transportation would be nice, but very costly and that would spill over the member annual dues and we would not want to do that when a bus works fine.

The villas I believe are too the left, similar to where Philharmagician marked on the pic.

The reason that the 5th (and 6th I think) ar ebeing converted is that this is the the first resort that is trying to please both sides of the fence. Most members can fit into one of two categories. 1 - They prefer to stay in a DVC Resort that is only DVC. Like OKW and Saratoga where the resort is nothing but DVC rooms. These resorts offer more of a sense of community. 2- They prefer what I call the hybrid resorts. Like Beach Club, Boardwalk, and Wilderness Lodge. These members tend to be the deluxe resort buffs who love the value of DVC and the huge space of a villa but still want to feel like they are in a classy hotels.

Just to reinforce this info: This resort is still considered a PROPOSED resort.

AK Lodge will be the first to offer both a seperate, self sufficent community as well as an inclusion in the existing resort itself. That way if you prefer to have the feeling of bieng in a DVC community on it's own - you got it! If you want the feeling of being part of a great hotel - you got it!

Computer Magic

No talk of alternate transportation, the problem is AKL sits very close to backstage of AK park. So water transportation would be nice, but very costly and that would spill over the member annual dues and we would not want to do that when a bus works fine.

The villas I believe are too the left, similar to where Philharmagician marked on the pic.

The reason that the 5th (and 6th I think) ar ebeing converted is that this is the the first resort that is trying to please both sides of the fence. Most members can fit into one of two categories. 1 - They prefer to stay in a DVC Resort that is only DVC. Like OKW and Saratoga where the resort is nothing but DVC rooms. These resorts offer more of a sense of community. 2- They prefer what I call the hybrid resorts. Like Beach Club, Boardwalk, and Wilderness Lodge. These members tend to be the deluxe resort buffs who love the value of DVC and the huge space of a villa but still want to feel like they are in a classy hotels.

AK Lodge will be the first to offer both a seperate, self sufficent community as well as an inclusion in the existing resort itself. That way if you prefer to have the feeling of bieng in a DVC community on it's own - you got it! If you want the feeling of being part of a great hotel - you got it!
This sounds exciting.

although, I would like to see improvements in the transportation.

It looks like 134 rooms on the left side are the ones being converted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom