The Next Disney Vacation Club Resort Announced

ZapperZ

My husband and I have been trying to save money so we can one day become DVC members. This might just light a fire under us to save a little faster. It's such a beautiful resort.

You'd better think fast. Disney is now having a "sale" with the DVC. For a limited time, they're giving a $15 discount for each point on new purchases (minimum of 150 points for new purchase, minimum 115 points for additional purchase).

Zz.

bears163

woooooooooohoooooooooooo. awesome. i thought they would have built around the monorail first but oh well. i am looking at maybe getting add on points soon & i may have just found out where.

captainbuzzy

I wonder what other improvements are planned to the resort to handle the increased traffic and guests? There were not many changes to the Beach club when they added the DVC there, but there are som many dining options in the area already. Maybe we'll see a new restaurant or pool additions as well?

pacochran

You'd better think fast. Disney is now having a "sale" with the DVC. For a limited time, they're giving a $15 discount for each point on new purchases (minimum of 150 points for new purchase, minimum 115 points for additional purchase).

Zz.

My guess is that they are doing this so that they can finish selling SSR and then begin selling the AKLV. I think they usually wait to sell the new one, only when the last one is nearly sold out.

jmuboy

CaptainBuzzy - a new pool and restaurant are planned in the new building.

How many non DVC rooms will AKL be left with after these 134 go DVC?

I am happy to see the Contemporary DVC Tower is on hold (at least for now). Maybe this will give Disney some time to come up with a plan to just reuse the North Garden Wing for DVC or replace the North Garden Wing with a 4 or 5 story DVC wing. A DVC Tower at the Contemporary would have been awful.

minnie61650

I am happy to see the Contemporary DVC Tower is on hold (at least for now). Maybe this will give Disney some time to come up with a plan to just reuse the North Garden Wing for DVC or replace the North Garden Wing with a 4 or 5 story DVC wing. A DVC Tower at the Contemporary would have been awful.

AKL currently has 1293 rooms of which only 100 rooms do not have views of the animals.

I have been waiting since Disney opened OKW for DVC to build a resort with monorail access before we will buy in.
I was hoping for a DVC at the CR.
Guess we will just wait a while longer before we buy into the DVC.

flscooman

1293 rooms - 268 (assuming they will use two rooms for one vac/club unit) =
1025 rooms left.
about 1100 of the rooms (85%) face one of the 3 sav's the others face the pool or the parking lot out front.

missionspace

I have a ? I'm not quit clear, are they building a new section and connecting to the hotel that is there now? I hope they don't get rid on any savanna because they are small enough as it s!
THANKS!

tikiman

dvc_dak_432.jpg

October 11, 2006, Lake Buena Vista, Fla. – Disney Vacation Club announced today that it is building a new timeshare resort on Walt Disney World® property to meet ongoing strong demand for its unique vacation-ownership program.

Disney's Animal Kingdom® Villas will be part of Disney's Animal Kingdom® Lodge, which readers of Travel & Leisure Family magazine recently honored with the No. 4 spot on their list of the 50 greatest family resorts in the United States and Canada. The Disney Vacation Club® accommodations will feature intricate African-inspired details and home-like amenities, and most will offer sweeping views of an expanded savannah inhabited by a variety of African animals. These new accommodations are scheduled for development in phases with an anticipated opening beginning Fall 2007 and a completion date planned for Spring 2009. The project's first phase will include 134 remodeled accommodations on the fifth and sixth floors of the existing Disney's Animal Kingdom® Lodge building, and subsequent phases will include the construction of 324 vacation homes in a new building on the resort property, for a total of 458 Disney Vacation Club homes.

The project also calls for construction of a new table-service restaurant, themed pool and water-play island, fitness center, merchandise shop, sports and recreation facilities and more.

"We continue to see strong demand from families who want to build a lifetime of unforgettable memories by vacationing in ways they never dreamed possible," said Jim Lewis, President of Disney Vacation Club. "I am delighted to announce that our members will have yet another place to call home with Disney's Animal Kingdom® Villas. This begins another exciting new era for Disney Vacation Club as we continue to explore future destination possibilities both domestically and internationally."

Disney Vacation Club, now celebrating its milestone 15th anniversary, is an innovative timeshare program that lets families enjoy flexibility and savings on future vacations at Disney destinations and more than 500 other popular vacation sites around the world. Since 2000, Disney Vacation Club membership has doubled to include more than 300,000 individuals from over 100 countries and every U.S. state.

Disney's Animal Kingdom® Villas will be the eighth Disney Vacation Club Resort, joining five others at the Walt Disney World® Resort, one in Vero Beach, Fla., and one in Hilton Head Island, S.C. Disney Vacation Club has sold out of memberships at its first six resorts, and sales remain ahead of schedule at its seventh property, Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, which opened in May 2004 near the Downtown Disney area at the Walt Disney World® Resort.

Magic Maker

Original Poster
I have been waiting since Disney opened OKW for DVC to build a resort with monorail access before we will buy in.
I was hoping for a DVC at the CR.
Guess we will just wait a while longer before we buy into the DVC.

It's your money. You've certainly enough trips to WDW to have paid for the membership.

The longer you wait, the higher the price, the less time you have as a member, and the more money you are throwing away.

I personally think it would not be wise to wait. However, it is your money.

Computer Magic

It's your money. You've certainly enough trips to WDW to have paid for the membership.

The longer you wait, the higher the price, the less time you have as a member, and the more money you are throwing away.

If I bought now would I be able to make AKL my home resort?

Magic Maker

Original Poster
Computer Magic -

Nope..... DSSR is the only one for sale right now. AK Villas is still a PROPOSED resort.

But it does not matter where you own.

Yes, you get 11 months out to book your home resort, 7 months for every place else. Most people book their trip 4-6 months in advance. If you wanna wait that's cool, chances are though the price we have now will not be the price we would have for AK Villas.

Spoken like a true salesperson ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom