The Next Disney Vacation Club Resort Announced

Main Street USA

Yep, that one's been floating around for a while.

I think it's cool, too, but it seems several think it's too big and cold looking. There was a big thread about it not too long ago.

I agree about the monorail, though. Not sure what a decent solution to that would be. If you think it's crowded now........man, I can't even imagine. A TTA would be an amazing plus, but yeah, that's pretty much never happening. The Grand Californian in Disneyland has a seperate entrance into the park, though, so that would be possible in some form for the Contemporary.

But, again, I just don't see it as a solution WDI would ever consider.

Snapper Bean

When do points with respect to a particular resort begin to be sold? Will a certain number of units in the AKLV need to be completed before points in that particular resort be sold? How close are they to selling out Saratoga Springs? Is it likely that existing members will get the chance to buy AKLV points as part of a promotion? That was the case with SS but I always suspected that was because SS wasn't viewed as a particularly attractive home resort location.

Snapper Bean

minnie61650

Today's (Monday Oct.23rd) Mouseplanet article keeps CR DVC rumors alive:

Today's (Monday Oct.23rd) Mouseplanet article keeps CR DVC rumors alive:
http://mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=wd061016
"I am delighted to announce that our members will have yet another place to call home with Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas," said Jim Lewis, President of Disney Vacation Club. "This begins another exciting new era for Disney Vacation Club as we continue to explore future destination possibilities both domestically and internationally."

The last statement by Lewis would seem to hint at what we further hinted at a couple of weeks ago, that the next DVC resort to be announced would be in California. He also seems to leave the door open for the possibility of DVC resort at other Disney resort properties near Paris, Tokyo and Hong Kong. We're still pointing toward a new tower adjacent to the Contemporary Resort as the next property at Walt Disney World after the Animal Kingdom Villas are completed.
------------------------------------------------
As I have stated in other threads:
There are a lot of rumors.
Lots of possibilities.
I am still hoping for a DVC at the CR.
Time will tell.

metscool

Today's (Monday Oct.23rd)We're still pointing toward a new tower adjacent to the Contemporary Resort as the next property at Walt Disney World after the Animal Kingdom Villas are completed.[/qoute]
If they are waiting for them to finish with the AKV then why do they have the North Wing closed and why do they have the stuff they need to demo the wing.

minnie61650

Today's (Monday Oct.23rd)We're still pointing toward a new tower adjacent to the Contemporary Resort as the next property at Walt Disney World after the Animal Kingdom Villas are completed.[/qoute]
If they are waiting for them to finish with the AKV then why do they have the North Wing closed and why do they have the stuff they need to demo the wing.

My guess is it would take about a year to demolish the North Wing. Since it so close to water it would need to demolished slowly and carefully.

Then since the area is so sandy and so close to the water the foundation will be a major undertaking especially if the foundation needs to support 15 stories. If a tower is being built the CR DVC would most likely not be sold in phases but would need to be almost completed before they sell points.

JMHO

Nuts

Well, having walked around the fencing (and discussing with people there)...looks to be just a rehab. Not looking good for CRV.

Main Street USA

Well, having walked around the fencing (and discussing with people there)...looks to be just a rehab. Not looking good for CRV.
FYI:

The North Wing will not be reopening as just a rehab. Simply talking to some CM's and looking over a fence means nothing. The evidence we already have is more than enough to show that the Contemporary DVC will happen. It's not an "if," it's a "when."

Meeko

FYI:

The North Wing will not be reopening as just a rehab. Simply talking to some CM's and looking over a fence means nothing. The evidence we already have is more than enough to show that the Contemporary DVC will happen. It's not an "if," it's a "when."

What is capacity like currently in the North Wing? I haven't heard any rumors about a different size structure on the side opposite where that large proposed tower would be. Any word that both wings will be torn down?

the-reason14

I know this is very ignorant of me, havent read the entire thread but just the last few posts, but is the contempary(sp) resort turning into a DVC?

Main Street USA

What is capacity like currently in the North Wing? I haven't heard any rumors about a different size structure on the side opposite where that large proposed tower would be. Any word that both wings will be torn down?
The south wing will remain as is, as it has just been rehabbed.

Main Street USA

I know this is very ignorant of me, havent read the entire thread but just the last few posts, but is the contempary(sp) resort turning into a DVC?
Just go to the top of the page and click the link to see the concept art. ;)

...but no, not the whole thing, just the North Wing area closest to the MK.

the-reason14

So by AKL becoming a DVC resort, does that mean you cant stay there unless you are a member. I thought it already was a DVCR. How many DVCR does WDW have, and how many do they need.

Plutoboy

The DVC has proven to be wildly popular and probably more so than what Disney anticipated. So far they have....Saratoga Springs, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Beach Club Villas, Wilderness Lodge Villas, Boardwalk (I think is one), Old Key West and now the addition of Animal Kingdom. Also the whole resort is not turning into a DVC....they are adding an additional area that will be meant for DVC. Anyone can stay at the resorts but I believe you have to be a member in order to stay in the DVC sections.

Also there are rumors that the Contemporary Resort wings are next and they will be demolished to make way for a new DVC near the MK.

Main Street USA

The DVC has proven to be wildly popular and probably more so than what Disney anticipated. So far they have....Saratoga Springs, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Beach Club Villas, Wilderness Lodge Villas, Boardwalk (I think is one), Old Key West and now the addition of Animal Kingdom. Also the whole resort is not turning into a DVC....they are adding an additional area that will be meant for DVC. Anyone can stay at the resorts but I believe you have to be a member in order to stay in the DVC sections.

Also there are rumors that the Contemporary Resort wings are next and they will be demolished to make way for a new DVC near the MK.
Well, just the North Wing. Not both. ;)

cindy_k

Actually anyone can book a DVC room, they just cost more because they are more like suites.
The 1 and 2 bedroom rooms have full kitchens, washer dryers and whirlpool tubs. Disney holds a certain amount of DVC inventory for cash rentals.

Here are the room rates for Wilderness Lodge Villas:
2006 Room Rates (per night, tax not included)‡

Room Type Value Regular Peak Holiday
Studio $295 $335 $399 $459
1 BR Villa $400 $453 $550 $600
2 BR Villa $570 $735 $890 $1040

Have fun! I can't wait to stay at AKV. :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom