THE (new) LAND - Wanna tour it? Well step right in...

General Grizz

Original Poster
soarinentrance.jpg

foods.jpg

landseasons.jpg

From a Farmer's Market to the Mall at MILLENIA, as said here...

maxime29

Premium Member
Wow! Spiffy.

Do you have a closeup of that plaque from the outside? Any shots of the front in a wider angle?

Grizz, I <3 you (eh..you know what I mean).

ISTCrew20

BwanaBob said:
BTW... I guess ALL of us local-nuts were there today!

I hooked-up w/ Rob and the Mrs. to ride...

KevinPage was there...but he had to split afterwards...

Walked past Patrick at the entrance to the pavillion... taking pics...

Busy day!
How come you didn't say anything?

dxwwf3

Thanks so much for the pics Grizz. Man I really wish I had spent more time at The Land on my last trip. I knew that they could make some minor changes to the building, but I certainly wasn't expecting this. But while I regreat not spending more time in the original, I think I can live with these changes.

CTXRover

Ooh, I really like the new outside sign. A lot better than the old oragami-style block sign. Very nice.

The loss of the Farmer's market is kind of sad, but I also like the more modern, simpler look aesthetically speaking. I don't really have a problem with that. The only thing I would like to see is some indication as to which station is meant to represent which season as the press release indicated. From what I've seen so far in those pics, there is no real indication for that. In that regards, I'm a little disappointed.

As for the seating. Just out of curiosity, are there 4 different seating areas available? I see three for sure. The reason I ask is because the three that are seen in the pics above almost seem to tie in with a particular season. Right now I could pretty easily pick out a Fall section (the darker red one), a summer section and a spring section. Is there a winter section too or am I just way off on my thinking?

CTXRover

Nevermind, the nice update from Grizz at D-troops answered my question. There is a separate eating area that represents each season. I find that a very nice addition and upgrade over what seemed before to just be a large seating area for a Farmer's Market (even though there is no fountain which I miss the most) It would be neat if the tables/chairs and other accessories yet to be added also have some reference to the season area they are in. For instance leave images on the Fall tables, butterflies on the Spring tables etc. I guess we'll see....they might all just match one another and be your typical hardwood tables and chairs.

General Grizz

Original Poster
MissM said:
It looks so empty at the moment! *chuckles*
-m
Just you wait. From what I'm being told, based on the food and the new ride, the line could extend OUTSIDE of the pavilion. I guess it all fits with the whole "airport frentic" feel? ;)

CTX - I think the winter area may be farther back near the Living with the Land queue area. I know it replaced some of the space back there. . .

CTXRover

Grizz or anyone else that's been inside already, what, if anything, have they done to increase guest access to the bottom floor? It was rumored they were adding additional ramps or elevators, but it looks like its the same escalator/stair set-up that was there before. I was worried the center area would become cluttered with a large ramp, but that doesn't seem to have happened. Any other changes in that regard?

Thanks again Grizz for the great photos and the answer to my season-specific dining areas question.

General Grizz

Original Poster
CTXRover said:
Grizz or anyone else that's been inside already, what, if anything, have they done to increase guest access to the bottom floor?

Nothing that I noticed. I saw no new ramps or escalators.

Which is a bad thing... because the Land was already #2 in attendance... PRE-Soarin. With newly advertised food, that will increase as is.

But with a major attraction advertised EVERYWHERE on property? Well, one Cast Member apparently said lines on the average day could get up to two hours. Meaning, lines to ride the attractions - or enter the pavilion alone - could extend outside of the Land pavilion.

CTXRover

General Grizz said:
Nothing that I noticed. I saw no new ramps or escalators.

Which is a bad thing... because the Land was already #2 in attendance... PRE-Soarin. With newly advertised food, that will increase as is.

But with a major attraction advertised EVERYWHERE on property? Well, one Cast Member apparently said lines on the average day could get up to two hours. Meaning, lines to ride the attractions - or enter the pavilion alone - could extend outside of the Land pavilion.

Yea, I'm quite surprised they didn't make any other changes to get people to and from the bottom floor. I thought that was one big reason for re-working the pavilion in the first place? Maybe they figured access to and from the first and second floors wasn't the problem but rather the problem was what to do with the people once they got to the lower floor. The enormous Soarin' queue will hold a lot, and the apparent increased seating areas and more controlled crowd pathways through the center food/dining area will help too I suppose.

General Grizz

Original Poster
dixiegirl said:
hay grizz, as i read your aviator....whats coming back...please excuse if this is a stupid question......
A lot of original Epcot songs (i.e. New Horizons and Listen to the Land) are being rereleased on the next official album. :)

ogryn

Well, from the photo's I've seen, I'm 100% happy with this makeover. We'll know for sure how well it has worked when the place opens, but for now.... well done WDI!

Nice modern colours
I love the metal lights
Looks very bright & airy
The signs and food court look fresh and welcoming

Fantasmic!329

Thanks for the photos Grizz! All though I think it looks nice, I'm not that crazy about the 'island' seating arrangements. Also, I am extremely sad about the removal of the fountain. :cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom