The New Fantasyland

EPCOT Explorer

Exposition Hall would be perfect. They already have side doors, so people would not need to track through the store there to get to Mickey (The ones to the right where Chip n' Dale and Pinnochio usually hang out). It is a big place with plenty of room for lines, multiple Mickey rooms (or rooms for the other main characters), and most importantly, it ALREADY has A/C. Plus, he seems to 'belong' more on Main Street than anywhere else in the park.

Beyond the store, it is kind of a 'waste of space' (Believe me, I am not complaining as I loved going in there to cool down as there is never any crowd in there), but could really be great once themed.

I wonder if this means the mural in there would be easier to see!?:eek::sohappy:

GymLeaderPhil

There's text saying "MIRROR" on the side of Cinderella's attraction. Wonder if it's some sort of interactive mirror in the style of Turtle Talk.

herc

My counterarguments to this would be:

-Why do the playgrounds have to be in the parks taking up valuable real estate. Why can't thy be built outside the park gates or at the hotels (where they belong). How can anyone justify and say the PSP is fine when a huge family eticket used to sit on the same spot. We lost a great ride and great capacity and Disney "makes up for it" by building a playground for ADD kids.

I guess you don't have kids. My two and five year olds love the play areas. It gives the parents a little break while the kids blow off show steam by running around and playing. The Pooh Playful Spot is the small area. It's not a big deal. Now that it looks to be a Meet and Greet, Pixie Hollow has the biggest play area.

Does anyone else agree that all the additions are way too girly and princessy?

stitch2008

*Does anyone see a place for a Mickey Mouse meet-and-greet? Surely they cannot be getting rid of that. If not in FL, maybe they're moving him elsewhere in the park? (Exposition Hall on Main St. would be great for something like that.)

Maybe they can create a meet-and-greet outside Philharmagic.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I guess you don't have kids. My two and five year olds love the play areas. It gives the parents a little break while the kids blow off show steam by running around and playing. The Pooh Playful Spot is the small area. It's not a big deal. Now that it looks to be a Meet and Greet, Pixie Hollow has the biggest play area.

Unfortunately that is kind of the nature of Fantasyland. There are characters that are a bit more butch that they could put in there but they just aren't super popular. You got to dance with the girls that brought ya.

Animaniac93-98

There's text saying "MIRROR" on the side of Cinderella's attraction. Wonder if it's some sort of interactive mirror in the style of Turtle Talk.

Cinderella: The mirror!....[with more anger]...The mirror!

*smashes it*

Cinderella: Ha ha ha ha! [laughs maniacally as children cower in fear]

Oh, and Fantasyland is for girls and Adventureland is for boys, didn't you all know that? Only boys can have adventures and fantasies are for girls only.

hwdelien

I can sure understand the playgrounds, so I agree with Yoda as well on this one. The quote above could have come right out my head as well.

Kudos, kcnole! :)

I don't know about the playgrounds. I have young kids and I really hate to waste the time at a playground when I have this:
0075211306009_L4.jpg

in my back yard? That cost me over a grand and a week of my life to build.

sublimesting

I still want to see Pinnochio and Alice. Overall though I like it, but I don't know why as it's just a bunch of eye candy it seems from the plans. Restauarnt is needed and TLMM is cool as is Pixie forest and the princess meet and greets and I know room is limited but if I am right we now have 3 playgrounds in this area and a lot of walking paths. It would be really cool if it was totally walled in and you could just let your children run like in a dog park.

Also not sure if this is allowed and if not please remove it but it's a link to plans I found http://i31.tinypic.com/r2q9dt.jpg

castevens

I don't know about the playgrounds. I have young kids and I really hate to waste the time at a playground when I have this:
0075211306009_L4.jpg

in my back yard? That cost me over a grand and a week of my life to build.
That's bigger than my apartment! For which I spend what you spent for that every month! Oh Boston . . .

sublimesting

They should have a small area of pixie hollow called Robin Hood's Hideout for little boys.

Idunno, when I was a little girl all I wanted to do was hang out with the princesses (and they were harder to find back then), and my brother "forced" me to spend 3/4 of the day in Adventureland and Frontierland. I love PotC and Splash and BTMRR, don't get me wrong, but if we're stereotyping, there are two lands with "boyish" themes - I'm okay with one with a "girl" theme.

Also, Dumbo, Winnie the Pooh, It's a Small World, Teacups, Philharmagic, Peter Pan...none of those scream "girl" - they're just adding a section of the park to recognize the fact that part of the Disney franchise was built on princesses, obviously (with the way CRT and BBB are always booked) the princesses are extremely popular, so they're giving them a coherent home within the parks.

What I noticed, though, is they're representing all of the "main" princesses, except Jasmine. So to me that says the Magic Carpets aren't going anywhere - otherwise there's no love for Aladdin within the Magic Kingdom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom