The New Fantasyland

Mad Stitch

I just thought of something no one has mentioned yet. (Sorry if someone did, I went through 25 pages of posts very quickly.) It’s A Small World looks like it’s gone. I would easily sacrifice it if these plans would become reality, I’m just surprised they would get rid of such a well known Disney attraction. I guess everyone will have to go to Disneyland if they want to ride it.

PhilharMagician

It is 'suspicious' though that the circus-themed attraction Dumbo is relocated to the area in the park that already has a circus-style tent up and running.

Oh, I agree with the logic. What makes me think otherwise is that there are no round buildings shown for the new queue and the tents are round. Also the new Dumbo queue appears to be a little more North to Northeast of the existing tents. When you compare the DWG to the satallite image it just doesn't work.

Thurp

I just thought of something no one has mentioned yet. (Sorry if someone did, I went through 25 pages of posts very quickly.) It’s A Small World looks like it’s gone. I would easily sacrifice it if these plans would become reality, I’m just surprised they would get rid of such a well known Disney attraction. I guess everyone will have to go to Disneyland if they want to ride it.

It's not gone. It's not on the map because it's not showing that area (left of the Villeage Haus)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I don't know about the playgrounds. I have young kids and I really hate to waste the time at a playground when I have this:
0075211306009_L4.jpg

in my back yard? That cost me over a grand and a week of my life to build.
pffft...bet it doesn't have a hidden Nautilus.

:lol:

The wife has been trying to get me to get that same set from Sam's

Austin1

OK, so I've seen the plans now...

If this comes to fruition, I really have to give MK some props. This is by far the biggest project that the park as seen in over a decade.

The be our guest restaurant is very much needed. FL could seriously use a nice sit down. I'm sure TLM will be amazing. I can't figure out what the Cinderella attraction is, almost looks like it could be two show buildings.

So not to bring up old wounds, but as exciting as this is, I wish this kind of treatment was happening in TL, specifically Space Mountain.

jt04

If this comes to fruition, I really have to give MK some props. This is by far the biggest project that the park as seen in over a decade.

The be our guest restaurant is very much needed. FL could seriously use a nice sit down. I'm sure TLM will be amazing. I can't figure out what the Cinderella attraction is, almost looks like it could be two show buildings.

So not to bring up old wounds, but as exciting as this is, I wish this kind of treatment was happening in TL, specifically Space Mountain.

*It's possible that there is real move to make the MK primarily a destination for younger families. That may explain the modest budget for SM. When you add to that what Eddie Sotta said about SM getting only about 1 in 5 guests, I think it explains a lot. I have to say, I personally think it is a good strategy. Especially if it means more E-tickets for the other 3 parks.

*I agree, looks like Cinderella has two shows similar to SGE or HM's stretch rooms.

*I think I figured out the train spur near Dumbo but I'll let someone else decide what they think.

*Barnstormer is an enigma. :veryconfu

*I think there is more to the LM area than meets the eye. :lookaroun :zipit:

Omnimover

I guess I missed the boat. Looked through every page here, can't find a linky to the plans... are they just being PM'd around? If so, anyone care to be a buddy and send them my way?

Thanks in advance.

Animaniac93-98

Indeed....But no Black Cauldron, please...:dazzle::zipit: Disney's worst...ever...:lol::lookaroun

Bah! As already shown through the Cinderella Castle Mystery Tour, The Black Cauldron would look cool realized in three dimensions. Plus a special edition DVD is coming (soon as Disney picks a date, likely next year for it's 25th Anniversary) and you know how Disney loves cross promotion!

Horizonsfan

Looking at the plans, A few things have come to my mind:

- The Castle Wall idea is great, as is the rebuild of SW and more importantly Pooh (I was wondering if they would do that)
- I hope Pan still get a major remodel. It is the most out of date FL ride anywhere and could use a complete rebuild inside and out.
- Cinderella does look like some kind of theater show.
- Did anyone else notice the new utilidor tunnel they show running from Cinderella to backstage!?
- While one actual new attraction is great and better than nothing, it sure would be nice if we could get one more C/D ticket. Maybe put it where the have Cinderella, Pooh, and Aurora?
- I would not be surprised to see Aurora be a copy of the new SB walkthru at DL. I would also figure that Belle will also be a walkthru in a similar style. Hopefully they are walkthrus rather than glorified M&G queues.
- LM does look smaller than I had imagined.
- I would have to figure that WDI plans to rebuild the Magic Carpets as one of the new Dumbos. It would surely be cheaper than a whole new structure and would free up the AL congestion that MC's installation caused. I wonder if the new Dumbos will have 4-person vehicles, like MC, or 2-person like the original.
- I am shocked that they would get rid of Mickey's house. Maybe after FL's refurbishment we'll see an small indoor toontown appear where the Walt Disney story once was.
- No matter what the final product is, FL will finally be a beautiful land rather than an ugly mess and for that I am very happy.

Does anyone think that the Cinderella area (and subsequent buildings) are the Cinderella Castle Tour being installed at Tokyo Disneyland? Search the concept art, and it seems to have a large ballroom area, which may account for the circular buildings. There is no room the castle because of CRT, so maybe this is an inexpensive way to give Cinderella a proper homage.
Thoughts?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom