The New Fantasyland

IWant2GoNow

If it were in any other park, I'd say yes, but this is the Magic Kingdom. The guests will find it with no problem; especially, if it's on the cover of the map.

Besides, it's ADVENTUREland. Maybe the guests should "adventure" out and explore the whole area. For those that don't find the ride, where's your sense of "adventure"? :lol: Heck, even leave it off the park map all together and just have a sign towards the ride in DeeBee language. :ROFLOL::brick:

hoke2007

Does anyone know what if anything will happen to the path to TL? Will it stay as is or will attractions take it's place?

I was thinking about this as well. I know it has no shot of happening, but it would be nice to see Mickey's House relocated to that path. The path could be like a rethought Mickey's Toontown Fair with just a few small buildings (Donald's Boat, Mickey's House, Minnie's House).

TP2000

I agree, its too far out of the way and I think a lot of people would miss it. The attraction or its exterior must be visible from the main walkways of the parks so that it grabs interest.

Don't tell that to the most popular ride at Disneyland, the Indiana Jones Adventure. The Indy ride at Disneyland just has a smallish sign on a pole set amongst a thick grove of trees and brush. This is all you see wedged in the trees between Jungle Cruise and Tarzan's Treehouse...

indy1.jpg

http://allears.net/dlr/tp/dl/indy1.jpg

You don't see the actual entrance facility of the long winding queue until you've entered the queue and turned the corner well off the main path.

disney_indiana_reduced.jpg

http://www.eksdesign.com/advimages/disney_indiana_reduced.jpg

If you've got a great E Ticket attraction that everyone is talking about, people will find it.

Studios Fan

Don't tell that to the most popular ride at Disneyland, the Indiana Jones Adventure. The Indy ride at Disneyland just has a smallish sign on a pole set amongst a thick grove of trees and brush. This is all you see wedged in the trees between Jungle Cruise and Tarzan's Treehouse...

indy1.jpg

http://allears.net/dlr/tp/dl/indy1.jpg

You don't see the actual entrance facility of the long winding queue until you've entered the queue and turned the corner well off the main path.

disney_indiana_reduced.jpg

http://www.eksdesign.com/advimages/disney_indiana_reduced.jpg

If you've got a great E Ticket attraction that everyone is talking about, people will find it.

Agreed.

jt04

Is the Enchanted Forst Tinkerbell or The Princess and the Frog?

It appears Enchanted Forest is an area that joins all the new Fantasyland "mini-lands" together into a cohesive backstory. Pixie Hollow will only be a part of the overall Enchanted Forest area. That is where Tinkerbell will be. Tiana is the subject of much speculation. Some have thought she will be added to Liberty Square because that is where she will be in Disneyland. There have also been rumors of a PatF restaurant and/or attraction. I think the movie will do great and Tiana and the characters will be in several areas. :)

Lee

Adventurer

Exactly.
In this photo, the red box is the Indy show building, the red circle is the entrance to the indoor portion of the queue, and the green circle is the entrance sign/beginning of the outdoor queue.
That's how you fit a ride into a park with little space.

Attachments

• indyqueue.JPG
    indyqueue.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 117

TP2000

Some have thought she will be added to Liberty Square because that is where she will be in Disneyland.

Disneyland doesn't have a Liberty Square. There is a New Orleans Square at Disneyland however, and it's gorgeous,themed to the 1920's Jazz Age just like the timeframe in the Tiana movie. Al Lutz has talked about a mardi gras style Tiana mini-parade and show that takes place in New Orleans Square and on the Rivers of America with the Mark Twain.

I'm not sure how they would make 1920's jazzy New Orleans work thematically in the 1700's Colonial Northeast America of Liberty Square. :confused:

New Orleans Square works perfectly for Tiana, and John Lasseter even sent the animators on field trips down to Disneyland to get the mood right for the film. But for WDW, Fantasyland seems the best place for Tiana, not Liberty Square.

Lee

Adventurer
There is a New Orleans Square at Disneyland however, and it's gorgeous,themed to the 1920's Jazz Age just like the timeframe in the Tiana movie.

New Orleand Square > Liberty Square, and I'll near no debate about it.
It's not even close.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom