The New Fantasyland

jt04

I sure hope this is your attempt at humour considering it was closed 10 years ago with no hope of reopening.

No hope at MK anyway. :animwink:

My problem is that I'm jealous you're going to EPCOT tonight and I can't:(
I can't speak for the Sheriff's Deputy though.

Neither can I.

_Scar

I don't get the Dumbo area? What all could go there? It's not like there is a costumed Dumbo character either to meet and greet besides Timothy

CaptainMichael

I don't get the Dumbo area? What all could go there? It's not like there is a costumed Dumbo character either to meet and greet besides Timothy

Personally, I would rather a villains area back there. It would be the perfect setting (deep in the enchanted forest) and would balance out the princess infestation (giving something for the guys to do besides oggle at Ariel's clamshells...)

krankenstein

what do you men ringmaster?

Drew means this dude:

xaw6v.jpg

Scar Junior

keep your personal disagreements out of this thread

... father?

Indeed. It's frustrating.

Indeed it is! Look at TDL, look at DLR. They all celebrate ALL their anniversaries. How can one even play down such a huge milestone? And especially seeing that they have skipped the last two, why not do this one?

40 years is something big.:shrug: I don't see why you wouldn't think so.

Haha! Sounds just like a little kid. "But all the other kids got better stuff for their birthdays!"

The last minute scramble to do something about the condition of MK? Reminds me of the work done in DLR just before their 50th.

Suddenly buildings all over the park are getting extensive fixing-up, plans for new attractions that a year ago would have seemed unlikely are now begin pushed, multiple attractions are getting minor to major fixing (from new paint on JC critters to HoP's redo) etc. It would seem odd for Disney to do something for nothing, and even odder for Disney to acknowledge the work begin done to fix something negative.

We may be setting ourselves up for disapointment, but the evidence is there to suggest that Disney is getting ready for something and the 40th just seems very logical at this point. We will find out in 2011.

Finally, IMO 40 > 5, 10, 15, but to each his own.

Last minute scramble? It's been going on for years...

WDW1974

Whether or not individuals think it's important, WDW's 40th is a milestone ... and Disney used to acknowledge them with year-long celebrations.

If Disney can have marketing campaigns from the Milennium to 100 Years of Walt The Dead Dude to Magical Gatherings to Happiest Celebration on Earth to The Two Years of Two Million Dreams But Mostly Free Crappy Pins and FastPasses to What Will You Celebrate? ... well, they can just as easily have marketing events of substance ... they blew off WDW's 30th and 35th Anniversaries ... they ignored EPCOT Center's 25th ... and even the lesser (but still should have had something) 10th of DAK and 20th of Studios.

So, I do think it would be unforgiveable if Disney didn't have a major event for the 40th with new entertainment, attractions, dining etc debutting ... a few pins, retro tees and a day-long fanboi event don't/won't count.

Forget about the every five-year milestones, TDL actually acknowledeges EVERY B-Day ... even this year for the 26th they had special merchandise, shows ... and oh yeah they opened a unique E-Ticket too.

WDW turns 40 on 10/1/11 and you better believe it is a huge milestone and should be acknowledged as such.

_Scar

40 is pretty huge. There COULD be an E-ticket at every park by then too if they tried hard enough. (BK at DAK, LM at MK, MI/ST2 at HS, ??? @ Epcot)

_Scar

SGE and MILF both suck! Wall-E has so much potential for SOMETHING, but FL could be amazing. I'm a guy, but I still think most things Disney puts out is worthy of seeing and some are mind blowingly amazing. Belle's area and LM will def. be the places to be.

Am I the only one who thinks they pay little to no attention to Adventureland? Jungle Cruise takes up so much room.... would it be crazy iof they tore it out to put in a whole bunch of E-ticket rides?
*run and hides from flamers*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom