The New Fantasyland

EPCOT Explorer

After they get rid of the triangles they could bring Keiko back.
Or the waving girl..:lookaroun

These adds are years in the making as I pointed out with the DCA project. BTW, I used the florida project label to distinguish it from any other projects not to compare it to 1966. Anyway, it is obvious that the "florida project" is well along in the developmental process. The blueprints are much more than snippets. Even SirGoofy seems to finally have seen, or I guess I should say has heard the light.

There is a Phase 2 for DCA and from the rumor mill it sounds beyond amazing, but any info is sketchy at best.

By the way, the FL reconfigifurbishment would have happened 10 years ago but they had to find somewhere else to put 20K on property. Perhaps they have found a place.
:lookaroun

Musings :D
So, this is all becuase of 20K?!?! What!? I'm hoping that was a joke....:rolleyes::lookaroun:lol:

The blueprints are not official yet, jt. Still snippets. Still just floating around. For all we know these could be musings.:wave: Don't jump the gun.

yeti

There is a Phase 2 for DCA and from the rumor mill it sounds beyond amazing, but any info is sketchy at best.

The rumors consist of E-Ticket replacements for Mullholland Madness (or, should I say Goofy's Sky Skool) and Redwood Creek Challenge Trail, though sketchy is still definitely the way to describe it.

TP2000

I wasn't aware that DCA was getting another phase. Interesting.

The strong rumor from Al Lutz was that some of the 1.2 Billion dollar budget for DCA Phase 1 was held back as seed money for a phase two. Phase Two is heavily rumored to focus on Condor Flats and Grizzly area, and some of the WDI conceptual artwork was released in '07 as part of Phase One, before it got pushed into Phase Two.

One of the elements is to rewrite the story and plotline for Grizzly River Run and turn it into a fanciful adventure during the 1920's Teddy Roosevelt wilderness era with animatronic bears. In 2007 the Imagineers placed plywood cutouts of bears along the flume early one morning, and tested riding in the rafts to see how well they could be seen as you floated by on the slower parts of that ride. Al Lutz reported on this heavily at the time.

Of course the recent announcement for Hong Kong Disneyland that they are getting a roller coaster in the shape of DCA's Grizzly Mountain that has lots of animatronic bears wasn't lost on anyone. It is assumed that the Hong Kong bears will also find their way into DCA's Grizzly Mountain when Phase Two comes along later in the decade.

EPCOT Explorer

My day was already made...We have a thread on that.

AndI figured it would be too late for you.:rolleyes::dazzle:

Look Ma! I found Steerage!!!!!!!!
:ROFLOL:
The strong rumor from Al Lutz was that some of the 1.2 Billion dollar budget for DCA Phase 1 was held back as seed money for a phase two. Phase Two is heavily rumored to focus on Condor Flats and Grizzly area, and some of the WDI conceptual artwork was released in '07 as part of Phase One, before it got pushed into Phase Two.

One of the elements is to rewrite the story and plotline for Grizzly River Run and turn it into a fanciful adventure during the 1920's Teddy Roosevelt wilderness era with animatronic bears. In 2007 the Imagineers placed plywood cutouts of bears along the flume early one morning, and tested riding in the rafts to see how well they could be seen as you floated by on the slower parts of that ride. Al Lutz reported on this heavily at the time.

Of course the recent announcement for Hong Kong Disneyland that they are getting a roller coaster in the shape of DCA's Grizzly Mountain that has lots of animatronic bears wasn't lost on anyone. It is assumed that the Hong Kong bears will also find their way into DCA's Grizzly Mountain when Phase Two comes along later in the decade.

Quite interesting. Hope it comes!:wave:

sponono88

I had also heard rumors about Hollywood Pictures Backlot getting some work done in Phase 2. Hyperion Theatre facade/remodel as well as a new E-ticket. Of course these are still rumors..

Steven Davison confirmed in a recent interview that there are several "phases" planned for DCA in the upcoming years. but that is a discussion for a separate thread...

magicmaya

Or the wavin' girl..:lookaroun:wave:

So, this is all becuase of 20K?!?! What!? I'm hoping that was a joke....:rolleyes::lookaroun:lol:

The blueprints are not official yet, jt. Still snippets. Still just floating around. For all we know these could be musings.:wave: Don't jump the gun.

They could hire me as the wavin' girl!!! :wave:

CaptainMichael

They did it in Disneyland...
DL_1995_01.jpg

Words cannot describe how epic that sign is!

DocMcHulk

Not sire if this was posted yet..

New construction may add truth to ‘leaked’ Fantasyland refurbishment plans
Some cast members who have backstage access to Fantasyland and Toontown are now reporting that some construction has begun in these areas - and the assumption is that it is part of the major overhaul. We’ve also been told that areas normally open for use by cast members are being blocked off and even some buses are being rerouted. Moreover, there are sources who claim to have spoken to Imagineers who said that these plans are indeed final and in-progress.

dxwwf3

He said he couldn't give any info.

Hopefully that info is not related to this Fantasyland refurbishment and is something to really get excited about. Personally, I don't think these plans are "faintworthy" ;)

CaptainMichael

By the way, the FL reconfigifurbishment would have happened 10 years ago but they had to find somewhere else to put 20K on property. Perhaps they have found a place. :lookaroun
I sure hope this is your attempt at humour considering it was closed 10 years ago with no hope of reopening.

What's your problem?
My problem is that I'm jealous you're going to EPCOT tonight and I can't:(
I can't speak for the Sheriff's Deputy though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom