The New Fantasyland

mattnrach

I got a tweet from another board saying that there are reports of construction going on behind IASW.. anyone know if this is related to the topic of this forum???:shrug:

mattnrach

boo!! thanks for the update though! :) maybe they are redoing the concrete back there because they know it wont be possible again for years??? glass half full?

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
You have havent been there I guess.

Rides that are better in WDW than DL.
TOT
Snow White: The story is very out of order in the DL version.
Splash Mountain: WDW has double the theming
Star Tours: Queue is far superior and the actual simulator seemed more tame in DL.

So not every ride is better in DL but I will agree that the vast maiority are much better.

Splash, Snow White, ToT I agree. Also Pooh is better in Florida, and the TSM line/theming is superior. I think I give WDW's Haunted Mansion a slight edge as well. Doesn't nearly make up for the 15-20 or so attractions that are better in CA, but it isn't a wipeout for WDW.

They did it in Disneyland...
DL_1995_01.jpg

And as for indications...Hopefully ST/MI will be announced in Oct. Hopefully something goes to EPCOT. Hopefully Jim McPhee's new position is for this...after all..."special events". Then there are the rumors of the RFID involvement. Even FL.:shrug:

Well, perhaps we're gearing up for a five park announcement.

DtD: More food and beverage...and THIS time, we mean it! :lol:
MK: Fantasyland, as we've seen plans.
DAK: MI or whatever it will be called.
DHS: Star Tours 2 and/or Monsters, Inc. coaster
Epcot: Imagination 4.0 (and/or the removal of pointless triangles from SSE's descent :lol:)

Highly doubtful, but perhaps we can dream.

NX2I85

No way could I catch up on the whole thread, but allow me to throw my 2 cents worth in...

- I agree with what a PP ('74?) said in that this leak is fortuitously timed on the heels of the monorail tragedy. Maybe those Disney suits are smart eggs after all.

- Don't get me wrong I love love love the buzz being tossed around about MK expansion. But jeez... do ya think Disney coud do something wthout it having to do with a princess? :brick: How about something for families with boys? My 9yo son won't be impressed with this. I doubt my 12yo daughter will be either. We'll experience it, say "that was cool", and be done.

- Forty schmorty... I'm not looking for much from Disney about MK's 40th outside of the aforementioned gallery on Main Street and a nice little ceremony on the actual birthday. I just don't see where a 40th celebration is going to sell many tix and rooms. The 50th will.

jt04

Splash, Snow White, ToT I agree. Also Pooh is better in Florida, and the TSM line/theming is superior. I think I give WDW's Haunted Mansion a slight edge as well. Doesn't nearly make up for the 15-20 or so attractions that are better in CA, but it isn't a wipeout for WDW.

Epcot: Imagination 4.0 (and/or the removal of pointless triangles from SSE's descent :lol:)

That is my wish list too.

EPCOT Explorer

Not quite. One of the recent pressers said they have been working on WoC for several years. Also DCA's refurb has been priority 1 -theme park wise- since Iger took over. Now think about this. That project is at least 4 years old. The active contruction has been going on for two years. Carsland won't open until 2012 (almost another 3 years) and that will complete what is rumored to be only Phase 1! If there is a Phase 2, it will take at least 3 or 4 more years. Wow!!! :eek: And I think you know full well there is much more to the Florida project than the simplified description you are giving it.
The red is burning my retina.:dazzle:

I wasn't aware that DCA was getting another phase. Interesting.

Honestly, Florida Project, jt?:rolleyes::lol: It's not 1966. This is just expansion that should have been done 10 years ago. So far we don't even know if this is true. Same with the other parks. If we had concrete info, not just my snippets and your musings, then you could call it a project.:shrug:

Would be nice..

and removal of Triangles? You mean animation....;)

Figment632

Honestly, Florida Project, jt?:rolleyes::lol: It's not 1966. This is just expansion that should have been done 10 years ago. So far we don't even know if this is true. Same with the other parks. If we had concrete info, not just my snippets and your musings, then you could call it a project.:shrug:

Would be nice..
and removal of Triangles? You mean animation....;)

After they get rid of the triangles they could bring Keiko back.

jt04

These adds are years in the making as I pointed out with the DCA project. BTW, I used the florida project label to distinguish it from any other projects not to compare it to 1966. Anyway, it is obvious that the "florida project" is well along in the developmental process. The blueprints are much more than snippets. Even SirGoofy seems to finally have seen, or I guess I should say has heard the light.

There is a Phase 2 for DCA and from the rumor mill it sounds beyond amazing, but any info is sketchy at best.

By the way, the FL reconfigifurbishment would have happened 10 years ago but they had to find somewhere else to put 20K on property. Perhaps they have found a place. :lookaroun

Musings :D

yeti

Heh. Good news.:D
Honestly, that's really, really disappointing. Maybe I;m too impatient, but 5 years?! For some aesthetic work, Meet and Greets and one E Tic? In DCA they are getting the E Tic in 2 years.:shrug: To slow for me. Disney could speed it up....especially when they have a large anniversary to promote.

I wouldn't be surprised if they extended the 40th anniversary promotion until 2014. :shrug::rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom