The New Fantasyland

IWant2GoNow

I want to say so much about what I've been told today.

GAH!

:zipit:

Well just the fact that you're excited about SOMETHING (concrete?) is reason for all of us to :sohappy:. As long as some kind of announcement is made by year's end (hopefully much sooner) I think we'll all be happy. But if it's "all good" and you're this antsy, I can not wait! Thanks for the hopeful and optimistic post, SirGoofy! :D

WDW1974

And by sheer volumes you mean one partial blueprint?

No, jake, I meant everything that followed from it ...

If you are really as concerned as you say you are with the connection you say you have, I would think that you have some sort of moral obligation to inform the correct people that Disney knew about these issues long before it resulted in a death.

It's not up to me. I am pushing the folks to do what's needed. They are waiting to see what the final report says and what changes Disney does or doesn't make. People are intimidated by Disney and its lawyers ... that's all I care to say about it.

I think this one is my favorite. Comparing the monorail accident to a trashy MK:

The point, which you steadfastly refuse to acknowledge ... is simply that there's a slippery slope when you decide to throw out the playbook and do things in a cheaper, leaner and meaner fashion. Sometimes you just wind up with a trashed MK ... and sometimes you wind up with footage of two monorails smashed together in a tangled mess traveling the world.

You want to give TDO every benefit of the doubt, while I have long since learned it is better to give them absolutely none and the worst thing that can happen is you're pleasantly surprised.

These are your words from a simple forum search regarding the monorail accident. Instead of waiting like a rational person for offical facts you went off on Disney Management. Your first post was less than 12 hours after the accident, before the first offical NTSB report.

Yes. I did. Because again, I know folks in rails. I know they've had grave concerns over safety for years ... and I know that Disney often turns a blind eye when they think they can get away with something (just like every major corporation).

Do I think you took joy in someones death? No, of course not. Do I think that you used the accident to further your own irrational management hating agenda? Yes I do. Your own words go a long way to supporting that arguement.

See, jake, that's YOUR OPINION. There's nothing irrational about my feelings toward TDO. Knowing what I know, watching how the resort has been run since the mid-1970s to today, knowing what often goes on behind the scenes ... well, it's not irrational management hating.

And I just wish to God (if she exists) that there was no dead CM to discuss.

You have no idea how much this affected me on a personal level.

You have many good points about the positives and negatives of WDW, but you take it too far sometimes.

Your opinion. Trust me, I could take it far further but don't ...

You can have the last word. I'm not going to go back and forth with you like jt.

When you write a provocative post questioning my motives, I'm gonna leap to defend myself.

Please don't compare me with the site's resident court jester.

EDIT: Just so I'm not pigeonholed as a management apologist, if the final monorail report comes out and there was a management failure at any level or if anyone can confirm beyond reasonable doubt that these plans were leaked with the sole intent of covering up the monorail accident, we can ride in a car together to go picket TDO. I'll be waiting until the report comes out though.

Unless the report someone 'magically' says there was nothing that could have been done to prevent this crash, then obviously there was at least one management failure as you put it. I believe/know there were multiples.

And as to the leaking of said plans, you and I both know that's impossible.

WDW1974

If I'm reading you correctly, you are stating these plans were leaked by Disney on purpose.

I am stating that is very possible that someone working at the corporate level in Burbank did or had it done ... that's all.

If so, I agree. I think Disney leaked the plans either to get the minds off the negitive or to see public viewpoints. Nothing better than the Internet as a forum to see if the public would like what is in store.

Exactly. Much better to talk about attractions that may or may not be coming ... (although some finally are!)

WDW1974

Hopefully it starts in October of 2009 and ends in September of 2011.;)

No way.

Disney doesn't move at that kind of pace. You're likely looking at a plan that could well go on in phases into the 2013-2014 timeframe ... and that's assuming the first shovel hits dirt (or tunnel ceiling!) by the end of this year.

I don't think these are fake. These seem to be created by WDI. They are too exact. However, we don't know if this is going to be the finished product. For all we know, this could be a early rendering.:D

Final plans often change. No way of telling whether this was a first go-around, a final one (which still can and likely will change) or one in between.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom