The New Fantasyland

plutoismyhero

Was there any mention of the sheriff?

My guess is something was seen going into Space Mountain. :shrug:

ooo very interesting....could it be a new track or new cars or maybe it could have been stitch...maybe he knows all about the new SM ride....does it have a new launch instead of a lift hill...Now im curious thanks to JT

_Scar

No, jake, I meant everything that followed from it ...

It's not up to me. I am pushing the folks to do what's needed. They are waiting to see what the final report says and what changes Disney does or doesn't make. People are intimidated by Disney and its lawyers ... that's all I care to say about it.

The point, which you steadfastly refuse to acknowledge ... is simply that there's a slippery slope when you decide to throw out the playbook and do things in a cheaper, leaner and meaner fashion. Sometimes you just wind up with a trashed MK ... and sometimes you wind up with footage of two monorails smashed together in a tangled mess traveling the world.

You want to give TDO every benefit of the doubt, while I have long since learned it is better to give them absolutely none and the worst thing that can happen is you're pleasantly surprised.

Yes. I did. Because again, I know folks in rails. I know they've had grave concerns over safety for years ... and I know that Disney often turns a blind eye when they think they can get away with something (just like every major corporation).

See, jake, that's YOUR OPINION. There's nothing irrational about my feelings toward TDO. Knowing what I know, watching how the resort has been run since the mid-1970s to today, knowing what often goes on behind the scenes ... well, it's not irrational management hating.

And I just wish to God (if she exists) that there was no dead CM to discuss.

You have no idea how much this affected me on a personal level.

Your opinion. Trust me, I could take it far further but don't ...

When you write a provocative post questioning my motives, I'm gonna leap to defend myself.

Please don't compare me with the site's resident court jester.

Unless the report someone 'magically' says there was nothing that could have been done to prevent this crash, then obviously there was at least one management failure as you put it. I believe/know there were multiples.

And as to the leaking of said plans, you and I both know that's impossible.

keep your personal disagreements out of this thread

I'm finally gonna chime in to this massive thread. As a Disney fan I am absolutely thrilled with the "leaked" blueprints. MK needs a lot of work. However, as the Mom of an almost six year boy I am very dissapointed in the plans. It's all princesses and fairies. I'm gonna have to bribe him beyond belief to get him to even set foot in that back corner of the park now. Please throw in something for the boys. Even Maleficent as a dragon would do.

I have an almost 7 year old daughter who is not into the princesses much at all (our last trip to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique was a waste of $$ because she took it all out within a few hours). I agree with you that it seems Disney is spending way too much time, money, and marketing effort on the princesses. To me, it seems they're really alienating one demographic (boys). True, they toss out a "bone" every now and then (Pirates) but STILL have to, then, throw in the princesses, too! (Pirates & Princesses Party) It's weird to me. :shrug:

Judy

jakeman

keep your personal disagreements out of this thread
This whole site is nothing but personal disagreements.

I disagree with some of the points that WDW1974 has made in this thread and others, I addressed them and he responded. Nothing more. I like to think both WDW1974 and I are big enough boys to say what we need to then drop it and move on.

Back on topic, assuming the walls go up around the whole area (excluding Toon Town) this could get done pretty quickly. However, I don't see it in time for the 40th.

EPCOTPluto

...assuming the walls go up around the whole area (excluding Toontown) this could get done pretty quickly. However, I don't see it in time for the 40th.
:( That's what I was afraid of. Hoping it could begin now, and be done for the 40th. But I haven't heard anything else from Disney...

Perhaps the 45th anniversary. :animwink:

Figment632

Fact: Every ride at Disneyland is superior to their florida counterpart

You have havent been there I guess.

Rides that are better in WDW than DL.
TOT
Snow White: The story is very out of order in the DL version.
Splash Mountain: WDW has double the theming
Star Tours: Queue is far superior and the actual simulator seemed more tame in DL.

So not every ride is better in DL but I will agree that the vast maiority are much better.

Back on topic, assuming the walls go up around the whole area (excluding Toon Town) this could get done pretty quickly. However, I don't see it in time for the 40th.

Just speculation, but, i could see a bulk, if not entirety, of this plan being completed by the 40th for 2 reason.

1. The plan causes very little disruption to the current park. Only Dumbo and TTF would have to be shuttered for construction, and that would only have to be after the bulk of work is done on the area.

2. If the plan was forcefed to WDW management from above, it very well could have been done so the the anniversary in mind...

RSoxNo1

Splash Mountain in california says Hi back

More show scenes
More AA's
Working effects

:wave::wave:

Splash Mountain in DL has repurposed animatronics, done pretty well, but ultimately it affects the ability to tell the story as the America Sings animatronics were shoehorned into an attraction. Couple that with the trough in Disneyland vs. the Flooded look in Disney World and the Larger boats and capacity gives the notch to Florida. It's not as large as the Tower of Terror gap, but it's still substantial.

marsrunner

Splash Mountain in DL has repurposed animatronics, done pretty well, but ultimately it affects the ability to tell the story as the America Sings animatronics were shoehorned into an attraction. Couple that with the trough in Disneyland vs. the Flooded look in Disney World and the Larger boats and capacity gives the notch to Florida. It's not as large as the Tower of Terror gap, but it's still substantial.
See, and I like the DL one better BECAUSE of the boats. It feels much more out of control, seems MUCH steeper (even though its technically only 1 degree steeper at DL) and is just more fun in my opinion. I like the themeing better at DL as well. It fits better in Critter Country than in Frontierland, the music is better, there's a scene that's not in the WDW version and at least my last visit to each park (Jan. at WDW, right after the refurb, Feb. and March at DL) all of the AAs that I noticed in DL were working, while several were not at WDW. Aside from the hopping Br'er Rabbit, there were several AAs with non-moving mouths, eyes, etc.
Of course, we're talking mere percentage points. On a 1-100 scale I'd give DL version a 91 and the WDW version an 89.
Tower of Terror on the other hand gets a 75 at DL and a 95 at WDW. :)
Snow White is also better at WDW.
In reality, the rides that are better at one resort or another are minimally better at best, with the glaring exceptions of Pirates, ToT and Space Mountain.
Of course DL trumps WDW in one very important category: toads. :) The DL version isn't as good as the now extinct WDW version, but its something.

hpyhnt 1000

Of course DL trumps WDW in one very important category: toads. :) The DL version isn't as good as the now extinct WDW version, but its something.

Yeah, well, we still have a PeopleMover (which will hopefully be better than ever after its refurb :D), a slightly more impressive BTMRR depending on who you ask, and what some will argue is now a slightly better Haunted Mansion at WDW. Hopefully Space Mountain isn't a complete letdown, and then if this Fantasyland overhaul happens... all is not lost yet for the Magic Kingdom. :)

EPCOT Explorer

I want to say so much about what I've been told today.

GAH!

:zipit:

Let's just say it's all good, but I've been told not to say anything.:D
Heh. Good news.:D
No way.

Disney doesn't move at that kind of pace. You're likely looking at a plan that could well go on in phases into the 2013-2014 timeframe ... and that's assuming the first shovel hits dirt (or tunnel ceiling!) by the end of this year.

Final plans often change. No way of telling whether this was a first go-around, a final one (which still can and likely will change) or one in between.
Honestly, that's really, really disappointing. Maybe I;m too impatient, but 5 years?! For some aesthetic work, Meet and Greets and one E Tic? In DCA they are getting the E Tic in 2 years.:shrug: To slow for me. Disney could speed it up....especially when they have a large anniversary to promote.

Figment632

Honestly, that's really, really disappointing. Maybe I;m too impatient, but 5 years?! For some aesthetic work, Meet and Greets and one E Tic? In DCA they are getting the E Tic in 2 years.:shrug: To slow for me. Disney could speed it up....especially when they have a large anniversary to promote.

Yea they are redoing the entire park in about 4 so I dont buy this 5 year window at all.

hpyhnt 1000

And of course, their recent track record of announcing/celebrating major park milestones has been just absolutely stellar in the past years. Best it could've been. I mean, when you look at C25 at Epcot, and lest we forget the high profile events at DHS and AK for 20 and 10 years respectively...Disney has certainly shown they still know how to acknowledge park milestones to the public. :rolleyes:

jakeman

Honestly, is the 40th that huge of a deal?

Besides being a multiple of 5, there is really nothing significant about it.

This seems like something the fans have deemed as wanting to happen. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I'm not sure the fan community isn't just setting themselves up for disappointment.

EPCOT Explorer

And of course, their recent track record of announcing/celebrating major park milestones has been just absolutely stellar in the past years. Best it could've been. I mean, when you look at C25 at Epcot, and lest we forget the high profile events at DHS and AK for 20 and 10 years respectively...Disney has certainly shown they still know how to acknowledge park milestones to the public. :rolleyes:
Indeed. It's frustrating.

This seems like something the fans have deemed as wanting to happen. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I'm not sure the fan community isn't just setting themselves up for disappointment.
Indeed it is! Look at TDL, look at DLR. They all celebrate ALL their anniversaries. How can one even play down such a huge milestone? And especially seeing that they have skipped the last two, why not do this one?

40 years is something big.:shrug: I don't see why you wouldn't think so.

hpyhnt 1000

Indeed. It's frustrating.

Indeed it is! Look at TDL, look at DLR. They all celebrate there anniversaries. How can one even play down such a huge milestone? And especially seeing that they have skipped the last two, why not do this one?

40 years is something big.:shrug: I don't see why you wouldn't think so.

Something would be nice. Considering all the time and money they've put into sticking banners all over the place for pointless celebrations like YOMD and WWYC, the least they could do is put some up for a year to acknowledge 40 years of WDW. A public ceremony at the MK on October 1st, 2011 and perhaps a little gallery similar to Epcot's 25th gallery along Main Street would be welcomed as a bare minimum to me. I agree 40 isn't the biggest or most significant of numbers, but at least do something to acknowledge it. :shrug:

EPCOT Explorer

Something would be nice. Considering all the time and money they've put into sticking banners all over the place for pointless celebrations like YOMD and WWYC, the least they could do is put some up for a year to acknowledge 40 years of WDW. A public ceremony at the MK on October 1st, 2011 and perhaps a little gallery similar to Epcot's 25th gallery along Main Street would be welcomed as a bare minimum to me. I agree 40 isn't the biggest or most significant of numbers, but at least do something to acknowledge it. :shrug:

EXACTLY.:brick: It's infuriating that they choose to celebrate everything BUT the legacy that has been created by them, and their forerunners.

And honestly, I think they could do a bit more than just a gallery and a public ceremony. Fireworks...Hopefully a new attraction or LAND or something...something...:lol::lookaroun

hwdelien

Just speculation, but, i could see a bulk, if not entirety, of this plan being completed by the 40th for 2 reason.

1. The plan causes very little disruption to the current park. Only Dumbo and TTF would have to be shuttered for construction, and that would only have to be after the bulk of work is done on the area.

It would interrupt the train station in TTF, I would think.

hpyhnt 1000

EXACTLY.:brick: It's infuriating that they choose to celebrate everything BUT the legacy that has been created by them, and their forerunners.

And honestly, I think they could do a bit more than just a gallery and a public ceremony. Fireworks...Hopefully a new attraction or LAND or something...something...:lol::lookaroun

Oh, I agree! The gallery and ceremony are a bare minimum... hopefully we get more (but at least that). :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom