The New Fantasyland

The Conundrum

I can't provide a quote, because MiceAge's database doesn't seem to go back that far. If it does, I'll happily show what I'm talking about. However, Al did say straight up that Lasseter was content to leave WDW to TDO "for now" (although again, this statement was made nearly a year ago), and the column caused some panic on these WDW-centric boards. Also, I never said Lasseter doesn't care; I said that Al said so, which he did. Al's assertion was a 100% fanboy statement, but the man is usually so correct that I can forgive his bias.

Your correct and at the time I believe it was true that Lasseter was more interested in the anahiem property (since DCA was a huge problem).

You can find the old article with www.webarchive.com I think

TalkingHead

It's a shame the Matterhorn Bobsleds were closed for a technical problem when you walked by during the fireworks. I can assure you it operates normally during fireworks shows.

Personally, I enjoy riding the Matterhorn during the fireworks as it makes the already thrilling ride that much more exciting as the sky is exploding as you zip in and out of the holey Swiss mountain. I rode it that way with my niece and nephew two weeks ago during Magical, and it's always a big hit. :)

Does the Matterhorn still have fog/smoke that emits from the mountain at night? I remember being at DL in the mid-90s (sometime after the Frank Wells memorial was added to the Matterhorn) and seeing a fog effect near the top of the mountain, which was a nice touch. What a great ride at night, as others have said.

The Conundrum

That's interesting. Odd, but that kinda says something. Being optimistic, wouldn't that mean that these are pretty much going to be acted on?

absoluetly not. If you remember when Jim Hill leaked the blueprints for Project:Gemini the only things that ever got greenlit from that project was Soarin' and new overlay for Seas.

This Fantasyland proposal is basically Gemini 2

EPCOT Explorer

The two projects are irrelevant to each other.
True. However, the fact that they are in the same park, and with what I think is the same budget...? It might play on that.

absoluetly not. If you remember when Jim Hill leaked the blueprints for Project:Gemini the only things that ever got greenlit from that project was Soarin' and new overlay for Seas.

Hmm...Very true. However, and if someone will refresh my memory...Did PJ just pop out of no where, or was it highly rumored and THEN the plans came out? Just wondering.

HMF

Except most of us want this to happen' unlike Gemini.:animwink:

Lee

Adventurer
Hmm...Very true. However, and if someone will refresh my memory...Did PJ just pop out of no where, or was it highly rumored and THEN the plans came out? Just wondering.
As I recall...way back then...Gemini was known, but not widely. It was a fairly well kept secret. Jim just exposed it to a wider audience.
Kinda like the Discoveryland plans for Tomorrowland. Known to some, even public, but caused a bit of an uproar when suddenly everyone heard about it.

The Conundrum

True. However, the fact that they are in the same park, and with what I think is the same budget...? It might play on that.

It was highly rumored. Steve even had a page dedicated to it on the main WDWmagic site (still available to look at). There were even insiders back then saying it was the real deal and it was going to happen no question.

It was actually a better proposal than the fantasyland plans. It would have added new attractions and redo the entry way (got rid of the wand and the ugly purple stuff in the plaza).

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Im gonna have to polietly disagree

Restoring beauty and nice landscaping to Epcot, 2 e-tickets, revamped attractions > Little Mermaid + casual redressing + meet'n'greets

But you are missing the point of MK guest areas being expanded greatly.

This one point is one to be welcomed by all, as it it could allow more room for all of us to breathe.

The Conundrum

But you are missing the point of MK guest areas being expanded greatly.

This one point is one to be welcomed by all, as it it could allow more room for all of us to breathe.

Not really expanded so much as restored. Little Mermaid is basically replacing the now defunct 20k and I guess the B&B show will make up for the capacity lost when Skyway and Mr.Toad (Two tracks) closed.

SirGoofy

Not really expanded so much as restored. Little Mermaid is basically replacing the now defunct 20k and I guess the B&B show will make up for the capacity lost when Skyway and Mr.Toad (Two tracks) closed.

Ummm, sorry. Can't agree with that. Mermaid's capacity will blow 20K's out of the water, maybe even 20K+Toad. Add on top of that that 20K was massive and that area will now be covered with walkways alleviating the horrible congestion in FL, this is an expansion.

unkadug

20K was never a big people eater, as it was a slow loader with a pretty low per hour capacity. Most of the areas in the plans were backstage areas that are now proposed to be open to the public. Like it or not, M&G's eat up A LOT of people and their "little ones".

It just seems like a no-brainer to me to applaud this expansion.

The Conundrum

20K was never a big people eater, as it was a slow loader with a pretty low per hour capacity. Most of the areas in the plans were backstage areas that are now proposed to be open to the public. Like it or not, M&G's eat up A LOT of people and their "little ones".

It just seems like a no-brainer to me to applaud this expansion.

If M&G's truely make the lines that much shorter than M&G away I say!

I just really hope theres more to the Dumbo area though incorporating elements from Anahiem, Paris, and the Discovery Bay Concept for Dumbo's Circus (which would have been amazing).

I'd actually be more excited to see Dumbo's Circus more than anything else.

unkadug

If M&G's truely make the lines that much shorter than M&G away I say!

I just really hope theres more to the Dumbo area though incorporating elements from Anahiem, Paris, and the Discovery Bay Concept for Dumbo's Circus (which would have been amazing).

I'd actually be more excited to see Dumbo's Circus more than anything else.

Ohhhh, I hadn't even thought about Dumbo's Circus. That would be neat.

dr_teeth90210

I think they could really do something good with the Dumbo's Circus area if they wanted to.

Dumbo's Circus was a great show. Vintage Disney Channel.

video.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom