The New Fantasyland

nemofinder22

Im pretty sure Matterhorn is kept open during DL's firework shows the lines are just kept to the TL side only but its your choice once you get to the spit. When its RDCT the Matterhorn walkway(the area between the Alice restrooms and Matterhorn) is closed since theres fireworks shot from the top of it. All the dark rides are closed but Casey, Storybook, Dumbo stay open unless the winds change, same goes for IASW as well as the Fantasyland Theater restrooms. Monorail is also closed for RDCT. With Magical the Matterhorn walk way stays open as well as the Monorail. Also Toon Town is completely closed at firework time since there nearly exploding on top of it.

TP2000

Then again, the Matterhorn has to close for DL's fireworks.

I'm afraid you are mistaken. The Matterhorn Bobsleds have never had to close for the fireworks. Some of the dark rides around the Castle need to close for Remember, but not Matterhorn. Magical has a smaller impact on Fantasyland now, with more walkways and rides open during Magical compared to Remember.

Maybe you just happened to be there on a night when the Matterhorn had a temporary closure or downtime at the same time the fireworks were going off?

Figment632

Iger or Lasseter very clearly said that guests want interactivity. Look at the popularity of TSMM, Buzz and even AIE. The days of the passive D ticket dark ride is over. Disney has to move on while they retain the classics. If you can't see the layers of this new plan then you are not trying. Even HP will only have one ride but Uni is investing millions in all kinds of other environments and activities. We live in the age of the video game. Interactivity and guest participation are essential elements.

And before you ask, I believe LM will have interactive features. I doubt it is a standard dark ride.

Im not sold on HP land ive heard way to many things from good sources that have said that it will be cut back drasticaly. You are not understanding my problem I dont mind all the interactive stuff but I do want more than one ride. I never said it had to be a classic dark ride you are putting words in my mouth. I want them to use all this stuff on rides not shows and the stuff from these blue prints.

EPCOT Explorer

I wonder if we'll get to take an elevator to the bottom of the sea in the little mermaid.:lookaroun

Hah.:lol:

Even though I could see glaring thematic problems with that....I would not mind./Fanboy.:lookaroun:lol:

They can plunk Horizons down in FL, too....:lookaroun:lol:

Goodness, I am irritating myself.:ROFLOL:

Disneyfan1981

Last time I was at Disneyland, all of FL closed for the fireworks. You could stand in certain areas ( I stood between carousel and castle), but the rides were closed.

I just came back from DL and during the fireworks shows all the rides were running. I thought the fireworks are launched out of Toontown? There are huge bottlenecks around FL but we rode the Matterhorn during them to take advantage of the short lines and there were people actively riding Alice in Wonderland. :shrug:

lazyboy97o

I just came back from DL and during the fireworks shows all the rides were running. I thought the fireworks are launched out of Toontown? There are huge bottlenecks around FL but we rode the Matterhorn during them to take advantage of the short lines and there were people actively riding Alice in Wonderland. :shrug:
I think this would have to do with the differences between Magical and Remember... Dreams Come True. My guess is that Magical does not utilize the launchers that are right on top of the Fantasyland dark rides.

nemofinder22

There launched a little bit behind Toon Town, but the fall out is to close.

I think this would have to do with the differences between Magical and Remember... Dreams Come True. My guess is that Magical does not utilize the launchers that are right on top of the Fantasyland dark rides.

Magical has the rooftop ones too just not as many.

Also theres a shot from Blue Sky Cellar showing the layout of TLM the layout/size/shape of the building seems to perfectly match the one seen in the plans.
http://www.mouseinfo.com/gallery/files/4/1/2/7/dl142061_original.jpg

WDW1974

There is also another saying that seems to actually work around here:

"If you say it enough times, it will be true."

Someone explain to me the point of continuously pointing out the fact that these plans were leaked two weeks after the monorail crash and a few days after a bus crash?

Jake, I was gonna stay away from adding further comment here today, especially since I have a thread on all the GREAT things about my recent magical WDW vacation on LP.com going that I'd like to get to and add to ... (no thread on negatives, which were far fewer, but that'll come at some point) ... but I just had to respond a bit ...

Because largely on the Internet ... and this site certainly backs that ... it seems if you say something enough it becomes true ... especially when it isn't.

Take a look at what folks are talking about now ... all leaked plans/concepts, many that have a basis in reality and some that are so blue sky you could reach out and touch the Endeavor crew.

I don't see talk about transport safety or blatant disregard for it by WDW management. I don't see much talk about kids getting molested at TL. Hell, I don't even see talk about them likely extending free dining all the way into December.

Nope ... what I see is all positive pablum over things that just conveniently slipped out when WDW was suffering its worst publicity in many years.

Again, I don't mean to name-drop but this type of action has Zenia Mucha's nails all over it.

Way too much sudden 'leakage' when there's no good reason for it (indeed, I've been told that putting this out has greatly angered many involved in D23 as the MK expansion was gonna be the icing on the cake in Anaheim in Sept.)

I am a cynical spirit, and I admit it. But I also get how Disney operates and if you think it's below them to try and get minds off monorail deaths and general safety issues by trying to figure out just what a "cinderella attraction' is ... or how doubling Dumbo makes sense ... or whether Gaston's in gonna have AA's ...well, it's not.

The Mouse can be and often is a rat!

I didn't see plans coming out of the woodwork when those unfortunate people died on M:S.

Not one on top of the other. And Disney wasn't at fault. People have conditions that are undiagnosed. Sometimes they drop dead. Sometimes they drop dead on theme park attractions. It's sad. But there was no inherent problems with MS.

I'm not saying that this wasn't done intentionally. I, just like I would venture to say the rest of you, have no proof one way or the other.

Whether it is true or not, it's pretty bad taste to insinuate such without facts in the wake of someone's death in a tragic accident.

If we based all on being 100% sure then there would be no purpose of having forums such as this.

I am not 100% sure these plans were leaked to get the online fan communities talking about something else ... but I am about 85-90% sure.
And I don't think it's in bad taste at all ... dead is dead and this isn't about the young CM who died tragically. This is about why folks have moved on so quickly.

tirian

I'm afraid you are mistaken. The Matterhorn Bobsleds have never had to close for the fireworks. Some of the dark rides around the Castle need to close for Remember, but not Matterhorn. Magical has a smaller impact on Fantasyland now, with more walkways and rides open during Magical compared to Remember.

Maybe you just happened to be there on a night when the Matterhorn had a temporary closure or downtime at the same time the fireworks were going off?

Quite possible. I didn't know that.

tirian

Hell, I don't even see talk about them likely extending free dining all the way into December.

CMs are getting it really cheap right now, too. I need to book a room at the Yacht Club just for the heck of it!

Way too much sudden 'leakage' when there's no good reason for it (indeed, I've been told that putting this out has greatly angered many involved in D23 as the MK expansion was gonna be the icing on the cake in Anaheim in Sept.)

I heard the same thing within the addy circles, and people aren't happy.

If that's true, it somehow irritates me. They have a paltry event or two here on the east coast and a grand blowout of an event on the west for their members, and they planned to announce this there??:shrug: I'd be much happier if they'd actually have a big event (or at least, press conference) to announce the changes here.

If the east coast is finally getting some love, do some PR events on the east coast first! :brick:

(Sorry to derail the thread with a rant)

MousDad

In case anyone is new to this topic, or doesn't feel like reading through several hundred posts, Kevin Yee has a "summary" of the FL juggernaut over at Miceage. It mostly appears to be a regurgitation/recap of everything that has been posted throughout fandom, and refers to the blueprint in detail without actually showing the blueprint.

The only thing in his article that I felt was "new" was his assertion (or repeating?) that John Lasseter was the force that overcame Rasulo's opposition to this expansion. It's the first I've heard of that, as I thought it was previously speculated that Iger and the board were the only ones that could override Jay.

So if it's true, and JL's not the sherrif, then I guess there's a new marshall in town.

aladdin2007

In case anyone is new to this topic, or doesn't feel like reading through several hundred posts, Kevin Yee has a "summary" of the FL juggernaut over at Miceage. It mostly appears to be a regurgitation/recap of everything that has been posted throughout fandom, and refers to the blueprint in detail without actually showing the blueprint.

The only thing in his article that I felt was "new" was his assertion (or repeating?) that John Lasseter was the force that overcame Rasulo's opposition to this expansion. It's the first I've heard of that, as I thought it was previously speculated that Iger and the board were the only ones that could go override Jay.

So if it's true, and JL's not the sherrif, then I guess there's a new marshall in town.

I agree, and he also mentioned that mermaid looked to be a small ride because of its small corner of land, however he failed to mention the ride would probably be two stories and go under the main level once your boarded. So it should still be a big grand ride like in DCA.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I don't see talk about transport safety or blatant disregard for it by WDW management. I don't see much talk about kids getting molested at TL. Hell, I don't even see talk about them likely extending free dining all the way into December.

Nope ... what I see is all positive pablum over things that just conveniently slipped out when WDW was suffering its worst publicity in many years.

You aren't looking very hard, because there are threads on this forum about all of those topics.

But why would we want to concentrate on topics such as the TL incident? What is there to discuss on that? WDWMAGIC isn't a site about social disorders, its about WDW. There are far more interesting and relevant topics at hand right now.

Any, back onto FL discussion.

benji

I wonder if Mickey and Minnie's house will be demolished? The leaked blue sky drawing is showing Pixie Hollow over the two houses. All the characters do need new meet and greet areas. The current areas are just dated and cheep. (the tents have to go!)

WDWFREAK53

Maybe they should demolish Mickey's house and put in the Playboy mansion. :shrug:
It "IS" Fantasyland afterall.

Anywho, I like the idea of the two Dumbos but wish they pushed them together a little closer to make them "interlock" so it looks like another Dumbo is flying right at you. Dueling Dumbos anyone? It'll also look like you're flying under or over other Dumbos.

EPCOT Explorer

The only thing in his article that I felt was "new" was his assertion (or repeating?) that John Lasseter was the force that overcame Rasulo's opposition to this expansion. It's the first I've heard of that, as I thought it was previously speculated that Iger and the board were the only ones that could override Jay.

Ah, interesting....I'll head over there. Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom