BOG
Mermaid
Cinderella
Aurora
Pixie Hollow
Pooh
Dumbo
Barnstormer

removing 2, Pooh and Barnstormer, would give an 80% approval...

(that's what we like to call "wishful thinking")

:ROFLOL:

YES! Around these parts we call it "optimism". :D

Figment632

yes and no. Nothing 100%, but it's almost a lock they came from inside Disney.
As was mentioned, dont know what version of the plans these are though. Could be 3 years old fro all we know.

I'm still very skeptical about these plan, they could gave been easily made by anyone. I had a project a couple of years ago using TL.

Beyond the unofficial word that these plans are in some way true, having them "leaked" right at the moment when WDW needs some of it's best PR seems to be too much of a coincidence...

"There Is No Such Thing As Coincidence, Just The Illusion Of Coincidence" - V

jt04

Beyond the unofficial word that these plans are in some way true, having them "leaked" right at the moment when WDW needs some of it's best PR seems to be too much of a coincidence...

I explained this last night. I think it is much more likely tied to the final piece of DCA entering the construction stage as it is anything else. The blueprint was leaked the day after Carsland broke ground. WDI and TWDC is sending a signal. Pure and simple

Huck

It's probably already been mentioned in the pages of posts already(seriously, who has time to read all of these?!), but...

I love the idea of the Castle Wall. I can totally picture this medieval-looking fortress wall. Everything on the Fantasyland side now becomes a part of the "kingdom village" inside the armaments, as-it-were, and the new land is the Enchanted forest outside, complete with streams and waterfalls, gardens and footbridges. It seems clear on the blueprint that pooh and everything past it is also outside the wall. I think it is a very cool concept to create the feeling of a "true" medieval walled city.

jt04

It's probably already been mentioned in the pages of posts already(seriously, who has time to read all of these?!), but...

I love the idea of the Castle Wall. I can totally picture this medieval-looking fortress wall. Everything on the Fantasyland side now becomes a part of the "kingdom village" inside the armaments, as-it-were, and the new land is the Enchanted forest outside, complete with streams and waterfalls, gardens and footbridges. It seems clear on the blueprint that pooh and everything past it is also outside the wall. I think it is a very cool concept to create the feeling of a "true" medieval walled city.

EXACTLY. And possibly a second (Beast's castle), third (Mermaid's sea castle) and fourth castle (Rapunzel castle) being added. Rapunzel is my idea, nothing "official".

jakeman

There is also another saying that seems to actually work around here:

"If you say it enough times, it will be true."

Someone explain to me the point of continuously pointing out the fact that these plans were leaked two weeks after the monorail crash and a few days after a bus crash?

I didn't see plans coming out of the woodwork when those unfortunate people died on M:S.

I'm not saying that this wasn't done intentionally. I, just like I would venture to say the rest of you, have no proof one way or the other.

Whether it is true or not, it's pretty bad taste to insinuate such without facts in the wake of someone's death in a tragic accident.

DocMcHulk

I'm still very skeptical about these plan, they could gave been easily made by anyone. I had a project a couple of years ago using TL.
Normally i would agree with you. But I have a list of people on here that I trust, as I am sure you do as well. If one stood up and said "this is bogus", to me, it's bogus. In fact, the opposite has happened. I've seen cloaked affirmations and winks and nodes, but no screams of falsehood.

WishIwasThere

I think the one thing that might 'really' convince people is if this mermaid ride is a clone. The blueprint appears to show the ride path through the building, so if we see a ride path through the DCA version and its the same...I think it would safe to assume the blueprints are real. Remember the 'leaked' blueprint showing the TSMM path a couple years ago...that turned out to be the real thing.

Lee

Adventurer
The blueprint appears to show the ride path through the building, so if we see a ride path through the DCA version and its the same...I think it would safe to assume the blueprints are real.
A- The actual ride path is not shown on those plans, so that won't work in this case.
B- Neverless, the plans are real.

jakeman said:
Someone explain to me the point of continuously pointing out the fact that these plans were leaked two weeks after the monorail crash and a few days after a bus crash?
No point at all, since there is no connection. These plans were not released by the company.

jt04

So the target audience only wants one ride. As good as the WDW shows and stuff that will be in this expansion are, the majority of people want rides.

Iger or Lasseter very clearly said that guests want interactivity. Look at the popularity of TSMM, Buzz and even AIE. The days of the passive D ticket dark ride is over. Disney has to move on while they retain the classics. If you can't see the layers of this new plan then you are not trying. Even HP will only have one ride but Uni is investing millions in all kinds of other environments and activities. We live in the age of the video game. Interactivity and guest participation are essential elements.

And before you ask, I believe LM will have interactive features. I doubt it is a standard dark ride.

lazyboy97o

Iger or Lasseter very clearly said that guests want interactivity. Look at the popularity of TSMM, Buzz and even AIE. The days of the passive D ticket dark ride is over. Disney has to move on while they retain the classics. If you can't see the layers of this new plan then you are not trying. Even HP will only have one ride but Uni is investing millions in all kinds of other environments and activities. We live in the age of the video game. Interactivity and guest participation are essential elements.

And before you ask, I believe LM will have interactive features. I doubt it is a standard dark ride.
The dark rides have a long history of being an active experience. Trying to compete directly with video games is futile. There is just no way to keep pace. This position also assumes that man in years past did not enjoy active entertainment and recreation. I am also not going to buy into the argument that people need instant stimulation followed by instant stimulation, and are uninterested in more slowly paced fare. Some of the most popular movies of recent years include some rather lengthy running times. It all ultimately boils down to good storytelling, not gimmicks and fads.

jt04

The dark rides have a long history of being an active experience. Trying to compete directly with video games is futile. There is just no way to keep pace. This position also assumes that man in years past did not enjoy active entertainment and recreation. I am also not going to buy into the argument that people need instant stimulation followed by instant stimulation, and are uninterested in more slowly paced fare. Some of the most popular movies of recent years include some rather lengthy running times. It all ultimately boils down to good storytelling, not gimmicks and fads.

You might want to sent Universal a letter stat.

ToTBellHop

I'm not sure I understand all of the complaints that there is "only" one new ride in these plans. Disney usually only builds one new ride when there are expansions. No one complained when Epcot "only" added Soarin' or AK "only" added Everest with a very well-themed bathroom complex. DCA's refurbishment is unprecedented and even it only includes a couple big-name new attractions. Were folks expected a series of 17 new attractions for the new Fantasyland, because honestly, one thing that guests ARE clearly demanding (clearly not many of the guests found on these boards) are nice (air-conditioned) areas to meet the characters. We have been seeing an explosion recently in the number of detailed meet-and-greets, and I have seen the lines that the fairies get in ToonTown Fair. There is clearly demand. Now there will be more space to eat up all of those character-crazed folks (in locations far better themed than circus tents) so they won't be as busy using your Space Mountain Fastpasses and, even better, there will be more space for all those strollers that are plaguing the Magic Kingdom. Dumbo, which I think has become very dated, would be moved and rethemed to become a 21st century spinny ride, the Aladdin ride that folks here have complained about since it opened would be removed, opening up Adventureland, and we'll get some gorgeous new theming in what is currently a very hot, concrete-filled Fantasyland that many here seem to report avoiding on their vacations. I think this would be a fantastic improvement, and we get what is supposedly a stellar new ride, to boot?

I think another appeal of a plan like this is that they could actually get it done by Fall 2011 if they want a 40th celebration. It would be very hard to build a completely new E-Ticket by then, but cosmetic changes, new meet and greets, and a clone? Very doable over the next two years. A fourth mountain? Not so much.

RSoxNo1

Does anyone know if there is room for expansion in Frontier Land and if so how much room?

There's some room behind the mountains, but that could get very congested. They could also start filling the river...

Fair enough, it's just so hard not to armchair when blueprints are leaked. :D

The one part about these new rumored plans that keeps getting at me, though, is this Barnstormer issue. I think it would just have to be re-themed, and at the time of these plans, the ideas for re-theming had not been fleshed out yet.

On another note, I absolutely love the idea of Gaston's restaurant.

If they were to really theme the Barnstormer, and extend it to be a mine trane coaster, I could see how that would take up a substantial part of the budget to the point where it may be shelved. They could still probably sell the coaster without the theming, as it still has value as a Junior Coaster.

A- The actual ride path is not shown on those plans, so that won't work in this case.
B- Neverless, the plans are real.

No point at all, since there is no connection. These plans were not released by the company.

Are the plans real in as much as they came from Disney or are they real in as much as this is the current plan lined up for Fantasyland and we can expect this full refurbishment as we see on the blueprints?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom