The New Fantasyland

WDWFREAK53

Not necessarily. Really no more than concept art for unbuilt attractions mean they are coming.
It actually puts them in a bit of a tight spot. Now the public knows what is being considered. If they decide to do less, the public will wonder what happened to the other stuff.....disappointed.

Kinda like if the general public knew of the original, much grander plans for Space Mountain. When it opens in November, there would be much uproar and questioning why they didn't do the "good version."

Cat out of bag kind of deal.

Since you know of the "grander" plans...would you be able to spill them once Space Mountain opens back up?

whylightbulb

Oh for sure I think we will go check it out at some point, we are in FL too much to not at least stop by and see what's going on there, however I am not the target demo so I am sure it won't appeal to me as much.

That being said I think a land based around it could be cool but honestly you are the first person that has alot of positive to say about it.
If you enjoy cutting edge ride experiences and immersive, detailed themeing than you are the target audience.

Granted, I don't go to Universal boards and the only Uni employee I know is my wife's cousin who is probably more upset about his lackluster pay and has no real insider knowledge, but he says its not going to be a good attraction in the land and the higher ups are "concerned" about it ...I highly doubt what he says BUT I don't think it's going to be anything revolutionary. I thought Spider-Man was awesome and is the best thing at Uni but I never thought it was as revolutionary as people thought.
How your wife's cousin could know that HP will not be a good attraction at this point is beyond me. Yes it's true that the higher ups are concerned about it. They are concerned about capacity and efficiency issues but not whether it will be revolutionary.

There has never been a ride experience like what HP will deliver in terms of visceral, control and motion capabilities. The system will allow us to present unique POVs and more realistic flying sensations. Also, its thrill level is easily programmable. On the show side we are including numerous innovative effects, amazing scenic work supervised by the studio's production designer and a "knock your socks off" finale with the dragon. I'm not sure how anyone would not consider this a revolutionary ride. Believe me I wish I could elaborate further but I'm starting to suspect someone is on to me and who I am.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I'm not sure how you don't see Spiderman as more than just a great ride. What other ride could you compare Spiderman to when it first opened? How is it not revolutionary?

EPCOT Explorer

Not necessarily. Really no more than concept art for unbuilt attractions mean they are coming.
It actually puts them in a bit of a tight spot. Now the public knows what is being considered. If they decide to do less, the public will wonder what happened to the other stuff.....disappointed.

Kinda like if the general public knew of the original, much grander plans for Space Mountain. When it opens in November, there would be much uproar and questioning why they didn't do the "good version."

Cat out of bag kind of deal.
Aha. Interesting.

So...Then...It seems that the only reasonable thing to do is to act on these plans exactly.:D
Yes, but isn't RDCT there somewhere? :dazzle:
Right...RDCT is DL's default nighttime show...It returns in the fall.

Lee

Adventurer
Since you know of the "grander" plans...would you be able to spill them once Space Mountain opens back up?
My knowledge of them is rather vague. Just imagine new effects, audio, new (and perhaps totally different) track, exterior appearance changes, etc.

Maybe someone took the plans, leaked them and attached Phil Holmes' name to them
Nah....they're too good. Nobody would believe Phil was involved.....

bstiles

The one part of the FL expansion I quite don't get is the 2 spaces they have marked for Dumbo. I can see why they would want the spinners at the the furthest point in the park to pull the crowds up there, but why would they dedicate a whole other piece to Dumbo by the train station?

DocMcHulk

I have been trying to figure out, in my head, why the blueprints would have gotten leaked. And I keep coming to the same conclusion over and over... there is an internal battle going on and this was done to help push thier cause over all the others.

Maybe it was a battle over the scale of the final project.... maybe another referb/expansion elsewhere in the MK is being considered... maybe they wanted to pump the money into one of the other gates.

Either way, i keep thinking there is a battle and this was a shot across the bow to say "built it, or you will honk off a lot of people."

Animaniac93-98

Some better examples of TDL's Fantasyland:

fantasyland_panorama.jpg

gallery009.jpg

queenofhearts_exterior.jpg

pooh_corner_exterior.jpg

Not all of it is like WDW.

bugsbunny

Call me lazy, but I'm not looking through a NINETY PAGE THREAD to find the information I'm looking for.

Can anyone summerize the thread in 100,000 words or less?

Percentage of truth to the rumors?

And I see talk of blueprints and what seems like some people have seen them. Where can they be seen?

thanks!

Ignohippo

Long time lurker, first time poster!

I certainly believe the leaked plans to be the real deal but who knows how new they are. As to why they were leaked, perhaps it was to simply guage fan reaction.

I have a few questions and concerns with the plans. Perhaps someone "in the know" can elaborate or folks can speculate - I'm interested in hearing other people's opinions.

• I can't imagine Disney would get rid of Toon Town Fair without replacing it with a new version. I doubt they would want any kind of negative reaction to spending hundreds of millions of dollars only to get a negative reaction from a huge amount of visitors. With all of its problems, you can visit TTF at any time and it's jammed and easily one of the most visited areas of the park. I have a four-year old son and I can tell you he'd be heartbroken if Mickey and Minnie's houses were gone.
It also seems odd they'd add a Toon Town in many of the other parks and then get rid of it in MK.
So the question: has anyone heard any rumors about a new Toon Town?

• Do you think "facility" at the top (NE) corner is a large special events tent like the one at Epcot?

• Couldn't a new Toon Town be shoe-horned into that area if it was just the two houses and a "toonish" backdrop? And wouldn't that fit in well with the Dumbo attractions?

• Dumbo doesn't usually have the lines that other attractions do. If they were to add a second ride, why would they need a such a large queue? And why would they spend a lot of money on an interactive queue that people are only going to spend a little bit of time in? After all, we aren't talking TSMM type lines here.

• A lot of info has been released in the past few weeks about expansions at WDW. Is it possible Disney could be trying to combat HP (notice the timing is right when the latest HP movie opened) by adding a major expansion in each park (Journey at AK, FS at MK, Monsters, inc. at HS)?

• I've heard some talk about an expansion in Frontierland. Is it possible this could be a Woody Meet and Greet?

Thanks folks!

bstiles

There is already a Woody M&G over by splash, MTTF was only supposed to be temporary, and Mickey would more than likely end up over on Main St.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Long time lurker, first time poster!

I certainly believe the leaked plans to be the real deal but who knows how new they are. As to why they were leaked, perhaps it was to simply guage fan reaction.

I have a few questions and concerns with the plans. Perhaps someone "in the know" can elaborate or folks can speculate - I'm interested in hearing other people's opinions.

• I can't imagine Disney would get rid of Toon Town Fair without replacing it with a new version. I doubt they would want any kind of negative reaction to spending hundreds of millions of dollars only to get a negative reaction from a huge amount of visitors. With all of its problems, you can visit TTF at any time and it's jammed and easily one of the most visited areas of the park. I have a four-year old son and I can tell you he'd be heartbroken if Mickey and Minnie's houses were gone.
It also seems odd they'd add a Toon Town in many of the other parks and then get rid of it in MK.
So the question: has anyone heard any rumors about a new Toon Town?

• Do you think "facility" at the top (NE) corner is a large special events tent like the one at Epcot?

• Couldn't a new Toon Town be shoe-horned into that area if it was just the two houses and a "toonish" backdrop? And wouldn't that fit in well with the Dumbo attractions?

• Dumbo doesn't usually have the lines that other attractions do. If they were to add a second ride, why would they need a such a large queue? And why would they spend a lot of money on an interactive queue that people are only going to spend a little bit of time in? After all, we aren't talking TSMM type lines here.

• A lot of info has been released in the past few weeks about expansions at WDW. Is it possible Disney could be trying to combat HP (notice the timing is right when the latest HP movie opened) by adding a major expansion in each park (Journey at AK, FS at MK, Monsters, inc. at HS)?

• I've heard some talk about an expansion in Frontierland. Is it possible this could be a Woody Meet and Greet?

Thanks folks!
Toontown was never intended to be permanent. It was to be a temporary thing for one of Mickey's birthdays. It has greatly outlived its life so there will be no financial loss by shutting it. Disney got their money's worth and it is time to trade the old clunker in.

Lines for attractions like Dumbo are always long especially during peak season. A second attraction with an enclosed climate controlled queue can only help matters in FL. It travel in the off season and frequently skip it due to 30 minute plus waits.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Call me lazy, but I'm not looking through a NINETY PAGE THREAD to find the information I'm looking for.

Can anyone summerize the thread in 100,000 words or less?

Percentage of truth to the rumors?

And I see talk of blueprints and what seems like some people have seen them. Where can they be seen?

thanks!
Personally I think the plans are legit but even if they are it does not guarantee they will be built. Projects that have been this far into planing have been cut and/or shelved before so unless Lasater and Iger themselves come out and say that it will be built it is still up in the air.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom