The New Fantasyland

Lee

Adventurer
Are the plans real in as much as they came from Disney or are they real in as much as this is the current plan lined up for Fantasyland and we can expect this full refurbishment as we see on the blueprints?
Real in as much as they came from inside Disney.
There is no date, so I can't tell how current they are.
I do hear of cuts, so what the final proposal is, likely doesn't include everything shown.

dxwwf3

I'm not sure I understand all of the complaints that there is "only" one new ride in these plans.

I think it might be as simple as when you first see the plans you see the word "Attraction" used for what we have later found out to be meet and greets. If you had heard that these plans were real and you saw "Attraction" listed for each section, I think that hearing these would be meet and greets would be a letdown because it is something that so many of us will never see/experience.

If this becomes official, I think complaints will go down once the real expectations are set. For me personally, I think my expectations were too high based on the wording of the plans.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Someone explain to me the point of continuously pointing out the fact that these plans were leaked two weeks after the monorail crash and a few days after a bus crash?

I think it's a dead horse argument anyways

1) The monorail discussions were basically already over. There was nothing left to talk about and nothing will really happen here until the reports and lawsuits start flowing.

2) There wasn't much talk about the bus accident at all.. even when it was brand new because basically it was a simple cut and dry boring story. It was a car accident.

3) The hardcore fans that would talk 100 pages about a future unconfirmed expansion plan aren't the people they need to worry about fretting over safety at the parks. It's Joe The Plumber who doesn't follow every detail and just gets bits on the AP Wire or his local news. Hardcore fan discussions aren't going to bury AP stories. And unless Disney comes out publicly with this stuff.. CNN, AP, BBC etc aren't going to run these stories.

I think it might be as simple as when you first see the plans you see the word "Attraction" used for what we have later found out to be meet and greets. If you had heard that these plans were real and you saw "Attraction" listed for each section, I think that hearing these would be meet and greets would be a letdown because it is something that so many of us will never see/experience.

If this becomes official, I think complaints will go down once the real expectations are set. For me personally, I think my expectations were too high based on the wording of the plans.

Yup thats what happened to me. I was absolutely stunned, but then I found out most of the "attractions" are meet and greets. I was a bit let down, but Im still every excited if this gets done.

Brian_WDW74

Someone explain to me the point of continuously pointing out the fact that these plans were leaked two weeks after the monorail crash and a few days after a bus crash?

As previously stated, there is none. And to clarify one point: DLPMagic first posted the plans here in the early morning of July 15. The bus accident didn't occur until the afternoon of the next day.

jakeman

No point at all, since there is no connection. These plans were not released by the company.
Well that was easy. I should have asked a week ago when the questions started popping up! :lol:

I think it's a dead horse argument anyways

1) The monorail discussions were basically already over. There was nothing left to talk about and nothing will really happen here until the reports and lawsuits start flowing.

2) There wasn't much talk about the bus accident at all.. even when it was brand new because basically it was a simple cut and dry boring story. It was a car accident.

3) The hardcore fans that would talk 100 pages about a future unconfirmed expansion plan aren't the people they need to worry about fretting over safety at the parks. It's Joe The Plumber who doesn't follow every detail and just gets bits on the AP Wire or his local news. Hardcore fan discussions aren't going to bury AP stories. And unless Disney comes out publicly with this stuff.. CNN, AP, BBC etc aren't going to run these stories.
My thoughts exactly.

dizneeboy

Wow, 85 pages of postings...that's quite a bit of time I'll never get back :animwink: Some interesting thoughts and discussions though.

Just my .02: while I'm not dissappointed I'm not really excited either at this time. I'll reserve judgement if and when an official announcement is made. Nice to see some activity in the rumor mill either way.

On a side note, if there is enough room to turn one or two of these M&G into attractions at a later date, that would make me feel a lot better about the near term plans.

EPCOT Explorer

I, too, love Steinbeck. He's not my favorite, but likely near the top. Aside from his more publicly revered works, I really enjoyed The Winter of Our Discontent.
As do I!:D However, East of Eden is superb. That book elevated my state of mind, so to speak.
ah thought so.
So, expansion behind LTM ride?
I could see it...But I wonder how close the Fireworks station is.
I think it's hilarious that we don't even know if this is happening, and already people are on "phase 2" of FL expansion and working on expansion at AK too.

One step at a time here, people.

These plans got out for a reason. And something tells me they accomplished their goal, regardless of what it was. Someone, somewhere, is sitting back and laughing at all of us.
Yeah, it's a little kooky. However, it's what Disney does. WDW is never complete.;)

But then again, I want to see this come first, and very badly.:D

I wouldn't say they're amazing.:lol:
I would. It's expansion, it's huge, it looks to be immersive. At least it's being thought of.

And before you ask, I believe LM will have interactive features. I doubt it is a standard dark ride.

It's an E Tic...What would you expect?:D This isn't just PP or SWSA.

Lee

Adventurer
I could see it...But I wonder how close the Fireworks station is.
Not very close. Certainly not close enough to prevent expansion in that area.
Might have to close it for fireworks, though. Seems like some areas at Disneyland are closer....

Attachments

• fw.JPG
    fw.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 135

tirian

Might have to close it for fireworks, though. Seems like some areas at Disneyland are closer....

Well, if TTF can remain open during fireworks, the new expansion should be able to operate, too.

tirian

Yeah, but any further expansion back that way might be getting into a fallout zone.

Oh, it definitely would. Those treetops occasionally catch fire.

EDIT: I misread your earlier post. Any changes to TTF wouldn't require closure; FL changes might. I have stood in the field a few times to watch the Christmas fireworks show, so I hope it's not a fallout zone.

EPCOT Explorer

Aha. Always seems SO close to me....Wishes from FL has a interesting effect on the perception of those blasts.:lookaroun :lol:

If they had to close it, it would be a sacrifice but a honorable one.

tirian

If they had to close it, it would be a sacrifice but a honorable one.

Yeah, so that people don't die.

I find it hard to believe they'd build a new E-ticket without making sure Guests could use it throughout the evening. Then again, the Matterhorn has to close for DL's fireworks.

EPCOT Explorer

Yeah, so that people don't die.

I find it hard to believe they'd build a new E-ticket without making sure Guests could use it throughout the evening. Then again, the Matterhorn has to close for DL's fireworks.

:lol: I was not suspecting such a grim response.

TLM will stay open, right?

Lee

Adventurer
Last time I was at Disneyland, all of FL closed for the fireworks. You could stand in certain areas ( I stood between carousel and castle), but the rides were closed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom