The New Fantasyland

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
All that space and only one E-ticket and relocated dumbo ride. The rest is just unappealing to me.

Plus I rather don't like the axing of Toon Town. Sure, our Toon Town sucks but I'd like to see DL's version get built in that valuble space.

Toon Town was always a temporary attraction area. Just a little more permanent, but STILL temporary. People have complained about it, now Disney is doing something about it.

imagineer boy

eh, I look at it as a start.... So, there is only 1 e-ticket at this time... Who knows, 10 years from now, we may be saying WOW ANOTHER E-TICKET!! Probably a slim to none chance, but, who thought we'd be seeing this possible make over?? I sure didn't... And who knows.. Maybe these plans aren't finalized... Maybe a c or solid d comes along for the ride.. :)

But, I do see your point...

You're right, its a start. Its at least somthing. Personally though, I'd rather see face lifts of the facades with the mideval fair stuff first before expansion.

It's a NEW "E" Ticket attraction people!

Be happy.

We have been clamoring for this for years.

We are finally getting it and now you people are saying you aren't happy with it! ???

WHAT GIVES ...what will it take to make you happy?

I'm not saying its a bad thing, I'm just not terribly excited about it. Its a clone.

Toon Town was always a temporary attraction area. Just a little more permanent, but STILL temporary. People have complained about it, now Disney is doing something about it.

Like I said before, WDW's toon town has always sucked, but I'd much rather see it get replaced with a version of DL's much superior toon town.

marsrunner

If this does actually happen and get approved, I find it hilarious that people have been complaining on here forever that there's not been a new E-Ticket attraction in the Magic Kingdom since Splash Mountain in 1992 and now there may actually be one but that's apparently not good enough for some people. Now you want more than one? I'd like to see them build fifteen E-Tickets please!
I've been down on the MK, too, and I'm not thrilled with every aspect of this proposed expansion, but if it does happen there will finally be a new E-Ticket! Now, if we have to wait another 17 years for the next big thing in the MK I'll get upset again, but right now things look good (assuming this happens, of course!).

SirGoofy

If this does actually happen and get approved, I find it hilarious that people have been complaining on here forever that there's not been a new E-Ticket attraction in the Magic Kingdom since Splash Mountain in 1992 and now there may actually be one but that's apparently not good enough for some people. Now you want more than one? I'd like to see them build fifteen E-Tickets please!
I've been down on the MK, too, and I'm not thrilled with every aspect of this proposed expansion, but if it does happen there will finally be a new E-Ticket! Now, if we have to wait another 17 years for the next big thing in the MK I'll get upset again, but right now things look good (assuming this happens, of course!).

I'll be happy as heck if a full LM attraction is built, but personally I think it's BS that there is only one ride included in this decent sized expansion.

Captain Chaos

I just worry about that old saying: Loose lips sink ships....

Here we have plans, whether official, complete, or real, leaked on the internet... And it exploded like wild fire... Now, what is stopping Disney from trashing those plans and doing something completely off the radar cause their original plans were outed??? That is what scares me the most...

unkadug

You're right, its a start. Its at least somthing. Personally though, I'd rather see face lifts of the facades with the mideval fair stuff first before expansion.

I'm not saying its a bad thing, I'm just not terribly excited about it. Its a clone.

Like I said before, WDW's toon town has always sucked, but I'd much rather see it get replaced with a version of DL's much superior toon town.

There's very few "E" ticket attractions at US Disney parks that aren't clones.

'Tis better to have a clone than NOTHING new at all.

Splash Mountain was MK's last "E" ticket addition, it was a clone. Did you complain about it also?

Haunted Mansion was a clone. IaSW was a clone. PotC was a clone. BTMR was a clone. Jungle Cruise was a clone. Space Mountain (although ours came first) became a clone.

Disneyson 1

Hopefully the "attractions" have well-themed things in line or before the Mn'G, like Mickey's House. I always enjoy walking through, but I'm never into the "Mickey" aspect.

unkadug

If WDI announced that they were just building a VotLM attraction, people would be up in arms because they weren't doing enough. So they come up with additions, and now you all about that. It's got to be very frustrating to them when they read this thread.

Captain Chaos

There's very few "E" ticket attractions at US Disney parks that aren't clones.

'Tis better to have a clone than NOTHING new at all.

Splash Mountain was MK's last "E" ticket addition, it was a clone. Did you complain about it also?

Haunted Mansion was a clone. IaSW was a clone. PotC was a clone. BTMR was a clone. Jungle Cruise was a clone. Space Mountain (although ours came first) became a clone.

Inside the halls of WDI and TWDC, executives discuss plans for park expansion and rides:

f45f119a3e7fa5616d6c46f222719964.jpg

"We come to you, the Cloners, looking for you to clone rides from Disneyland so we can place them in WDW. You WILL do what we ask," says Jay Rasulo:

02emperor350.jpg

Captain Chaos

If WDI announced that they were just building a VotLM attraction, people would be up in arms because they weren't doing enough. So they come up with additions, and now you all about that. It's got to be very frustrating to them when they read this thread.

And Disney should just do what they are going to do... To H-E-double hockey sticks with the whiners... The whiners will NEVER be satisfied no matter what Disney does...

unkadug

Also realize that all these other minor additions will eat up people, whether you are interested in them or not, other people will be. Lines at all other attractions will be alleviated to some degree.

That should make even the whiners happier.

S.E.A.

so you'd rather have them clone an entire land with a fairly mediocre theme and c ticket that already exists as opposed to having a brand new expansion with a clone of a new practically e-ticket ride? and not only that but a land that's already been cloned once.

yes it's a clone, but it's clone of something that doesn't exist yet, for all we know our Mermaid will come out better since it's not being shoe horned into an existing building.

The Conundrum

And Disney should just do what they are going to do... To H-E-double hockey sticks with the whiners... The whiners will NEVER be satisfied no matter what Disney does...

whiners is a poor term because there are alot of people with legitimate problems with the way Disney operates but we all get catagorized with the kooks.

Little Mermaid clone is fine but instead of more meet & greets and redressing toon town from fab 5 M&Gs to princess M&Gs the money can be better spent upgrading the existing fantasyland dark rides to bring them out of the 1970s and bring them into the 21st century so that they are on par with the same attractions at all the other Magic Kingdoms.

Getting back to Mermaid, while it will be ok I just think that of all the other real proposals, rumors, and fanboy speculation of a Jules Verne ride (Journey to the center of the earth, etc.), Villian Mountain, a Narnia attraction, etc. they are just going to clone a DCA attraction (albiet a good one). Just seems that that spot of land had far more potential.

SirGoofy

:rolleyes:

Please. People here talk about Potter, and how people will be disappointing that it is only one new ride, and that has to work the same here. When people hear expansion, they think of more rides.

No matter what Entertainment likes to think, the majority of guests come to DIsney for the rides, not the meet and greets.

S.E.A.

whiners is a poor term because there are alot of people with legitimate problems with the way Disney operates but we all get catagorized with the kooks.

Little Mermaid clone is fine but instead of more meet & greets and redressing toon town from fab 5 M&Gs to princess M&Gs the money can be better spent upgrading the existing fantasyland dark rides to bring them out of the 1970s and bring them into the 21st century so that they are on par with the same attractions at all the other Magic Kingdoms.

Getting back to Mermaid, while it will be ok I just think that of all the other real proposals, rumors, and fanboy speculation of a Jules Verne ride (Journey to the center of the earth, etc.), Villian Mountain, a Narnia attraction, etc. they are just going to clone a DCA attraction (albiet a good one). Just seems that that spot of land had far more potential.

that's an incredibly unfair assessment, how do you know they're not upgrading the existing dark rides? it's just a set of blue prints for the expansion. Nowhere does it confirm nor deny any upgrades to existing attractions. And don't blame the imagineers for any shorthanding you may get with the expansion, blame WDW management, they're the ones who've been stalling on the facelift to begin with.

it's not their fault that the fanboys' imaginations have run wild over that plot of land, if anything this expansion puts MK's fantasyland on par with the rest of the park's general upscaling when compared to DL. And once again you're getting an E-ticket with the Little Mermaid and it's not a clone if it doesn;t even exist yet.

S.E.A.

:rolleyes:
No matter what Entertainment likes to think, the majority of guests come to DIsney for the rides, not the meet and greets.

there are planes full of tourists who would beg to differ. In fact, all you have to do is look at the asian parks (yes even Tokyo) most non-regular visitors come for the characters.

Captain Chaos

that's an incredibly unfair assessment, how do you know they're not upgrading the existing dark rides? it's just a set of blue prints for the expansion. Nowhere does it confirm nor deny any upgrades to existing attractions. And don't blame the imagineers for any shorthanding you may get with the expansion, blame WDW management, they're the ones who've been stalling on the facelift to begin with.

it's not their fault that the fanboys' imaginations have run wild over that plot of land, if anything this expansion puts MK's fantasyland on par with the rest of the park's general upscaling when compared to DL. And once again you're getting an E-ticket with the Little Mermaid and it's not a clone if it doesn;t even exist yet.

S.E.A. don't you know, Con knows more about Disney than any of us?? He knows what Disney should be doing.. Cause, well, ya know, they have failed for 50 or so years in the theme park business.... Honestly, best thing to do, IGNORE HIM like he doesn't exist... he'll go away...

SirGoofy

there are planes full of tourists who would beg to differ. In fact, all you have to do is look at the asian parks (yes even Tokyo) most non-regular visitors come for the characters.

Okay...but that's not WDW. Believe me, the large majority of guests come for the rides.

EDIT: And for everyone who says Harry Potter is a flash in the pan, Half Blood Prince raked in the biggest international opening EVER this weekend.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom