The New Fantasyland

RSoxNo1

Actually, I could see families skipping Epcot to go to IoA.

DHS at least has ToT, RnRC, TSMM etc, attractions that would appeal to kids more than TT or MS.

DAK has animals, which alone gives you something you can't see at IoA plus Everest and other rides.

Epcot doesn't really have any huge draw for families (hard as Disney tries) and I could see kids asking their parents to skip the learning and go see Harry Potter.

It won't be Epcot. By virtue of it's Dining options, appeal to locals, and the fact that it's open until 9 every night means that most people wind up there after starting out in another park. I can't think of the last time I was at Epcot at park opening, but I probably wind up there moreso than any other park.

So, have we decided that they plans are legit? It it just a cowincidence that the OP posted the rumor and said he had "plans" and then in a matter of hours, the plans landed online? The look real...but I still have my doubts. Too good to be true?? Real? Thoughts...

The OP asked for a site to host the image, and then he posted and linked to presumably his own uploaded image.

EH, again I disagree. Other than the Innoventions plaza, it's the best looking park behind Animal Kingdom. And that's a relatively inexpensive fix. As an EPCOT fanboy, I'd love to see JII, but really there are so many more glaring holes across property that need attention before EPCOT.

It's a tough call, Animal Kingdom certainly looks the best if you're willing to look past Dinorama, but even that looks good, in as much as it's supposed to look like a tacky piece of crap. Areas of Epcot look good, mainly the World Showcase, however Future World is tough to assess. Some of the pavilions look better than others, and I do enjoy the science side having straight lines/paths while the imagination side has less straight lines/paths.

jt04

But just a few pages ago you said the M&G's were important because they are what the "target audiance:rolleyes:" wants

The entire plan is for a target audience. A scaled down M&G could be placed anywhere such as they just did for the Germany pavilion. What would really ruin the plan, I think, is if they got rid of any of the mini-lands that are planned. Not the M&G's, which can be scaled back or added in later.

And you are a troll. No doubt. You are 100% troll, find another poster to play your games with.

See ya, it's been a displeasure.

Animaniac93-98

It won't be Epcot. By virtue of it's Dining options, appeal to locals, and the fact that it's open until 9 every night means that most people wind up there after starting out in another park. I can't think of the last time I was at Epcot at park opening, but I probably wind up there moreso than any other park.

That makes more sense, maybe families will spend the day at IoA and come back to Epcot for dinner if there on the dining plan? Even that however, is less time at Epcot.

DAK could use another sit down place to eat something if it wants to get the DDP crowd.

SirGoofy

That makes more sense, maybe families will spend the day at IoA and come back to Epcot for dinner if there on the dining plan? Even that however, is less time at Epcot.

DAK could use another sit down place to eat something if it wants to get the DDP crowd.

DAK needs a good TS. Because Yak and Yeti could make one yak.

jt04

There is an amazing concept for a Jules Verne undersea restaurant that almost got built in Paris. Would work perfectly at AK. Also, if they do an MI concept it would be relatively easy to create real aquariums with real fish as part of the plan. Perfect theme and live animals. Sounds like something that is just right for Animal Kingdom. :)

Animaniac93-98

I will disgree... I ate there last year and liked it... And I know plenty more people who enjoyed it too... With that said, DAK does still need one or two more TS restaurants...

One inside the JttCotE attraction featuring various decorative elements from the story (giant mushrooms, waterfalls, giant crystals etc) would be a unique place to eat instead of another aquarium type place or one with AA critters.

Captain Chaos

One inside the JttCotE attraction featuring various decorative elements from the story (giant mushrooms, waterfalls, giant crystals etc) would be a unique place to eat instead of another aquarium type place or one with AA critters.

I like it... Hopefully if there is ever an expansion (which I am sure there will be, one day in the not so near future) a nice table service is included... And what you described above sounds cool...

rioriz

I really like the looks of this expansion and I think it will totally revamp and refresh the look of MK! As for Potter I agree that it will take some attendance but not enough to be crushing! People love complaining of the lack of additions to WDW but we have to remember Potter is the fist thing new being added to IOA since it opened!!!! Imagine having to wait that long if it was your fav park. And to Disney answering it we already have semi-confirmed new additions coming our way with StarTours 2.0, Monsters Inc., and the expansion plans for AK in the works.

Also I don't post here much I can confirm what was said earlier about the Potter Ride having some trouble. It is expected that a ride with new technology as that will have some kinks to get figured out. Universal is not having luck as the new Coaster is a couple of months behind already.

RSoxNo1

As hard as I tried, I couldn't find the link within this thread / forum. Would someone please mind re-posting the link?

Thanks...

Judy

You won't find it on this site. Steve has requested the blueprints not be posted, do a google search for it and you should be able to find it.

Captain Chaos

I'm not too excited about the expansion. It looks okay, but its nothing really new or exciting.

Nothing new??? You are entitled to your opinion, but, nothing new??? I see an entire new half-side of Fantasyland.... I see a new restaurant... I see a second (and would be considered new in my book) Dumbo ride... I see new facades... and a new e-ticket ride... So, nothing new??? :shrug:

imagineer boy

Nothing new??? You are entitled to your opinion, but, nothing new??? I see an entire new half-side of Fantasyland.... I see a new restaurant... I see a second (and would be considered new in my book) Dumbo ride... I see new facades... and a new e-ticket ride... So, nothing new??? :shrug:

All that space and only one E-ticket and relocated dumbo ride. The rest is just unappealing to me.

Plus I rather don't like the axing of Toon Town. Sure, our Toon Town sucks but I'd like to see DL's version get built in that valuble space.

Captain Chaos

All that space and only one E-ticket and relocated dumbo ride. The rest is just unappealing to me.

Plus I rather don't like the axing of Toon Town. Sure, our Toon Town sucks but I'd like to see DL's version get built in that valuble space.

eh, I look at it as a start.... So, there is only 1 e-ticket at this time... Who knows, 10 years from now, we may be saying WOW ANOTHER E-TICKET!! Probably a slim to none chance, but, who thought we'd be seeing this possible make over?? I sure didn't... And who knows.. Maybe these plans aren't finalized... Maybe a c or solid d comes along for the ride.. :)

But, I do see your point...

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
It's a NEW "E" Ticket attraction people!

Be happy.

We have been clamoring for this for years.

We are finally getting it and now you people are saying you aren't happy with it! ???

WHAT GIVES ...what will it take to make you happy?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom