The New Fantasyland

Captain Chaos

there are planes full of tourists who would beg to differ. In fact, all you have to do is look at the asian parks (yes even Tokyo) most non-regular visitors come for the characters.

And another thing, when people wround here don't like soemthing, they ignore the true hard cold facts cause it won't back up what THEY want... M&G's are extremely popular, whether people on here want to believe it or not.. And a princess M&G will be hugely popular... Just imagine, a Little Mermaid e-ticket eating crowds.... Space Moutain opening up again eating crowds.... The M&G's eating crowds... Wait times come down.. But, hey, that's a bad thing cause a handful of the 16 million guests hate them...:rolleyes:

SirGoofy

And another thing, when people wround here don't like soemthing, they ignore the true hard cold facts cause it won't back up what THEY want... M&G's are extremely popular, whether people on here want to believe it or not.. And a princess M&G will be hugely popular... Just imagine, a Little Mermaid e-ticket eating crowds.... Space Moutain opening up again eating crowds.... The M&G's eating crowds... Wait times come down.. But, hey, that's a bad thing cause a handful of the 16 million guests hate them...:rolleyes:

I never said I hated meet and greets. Never. They serve their purpose. But to devote 75% of a new expansion to meet and greets is ridiculous IMO.

Captain Chaos

Okay...but that's not WDW. Believe me, the large majority of guests come for the rides.

EDIT: And for everyone who says Harry Potter is a flash in the pan, Half Blood Prince raked in the biggest international opening EVER this weekend.

We are in 2009.... What will it be doing in, say 2019?? 2020??? 2021?? :) A flash in the pan is just that... Something that does great when first put out, then fades when the series is over... It is more fair to say HP is hot now... I am not willing to call it a flash in the pan but to be fair, NO ONE knows what it will be doing in 10, 15, 20 years from now... By then people may be saying, WHAT WAS THAT GARBAGE... Or, HOW COULD WE EVEN THINK THAT WAS GOOD, WE MUST HAVE BEEN HIGH ON THE FUNNY STUFF...

SirGoofy

We are in 2009.... What will it be doing in, say 2019?? 2020??? 2021?? :) A flash in the pan is just that... Something that does great when first put out, then fades when the series is over... It is more fair to say HP is hot now... I am not willing to call it a flash in the pan but to be fair, NO ONE knows what it will be doing in 10, 15, 20 years from now... By then people may be saying, WHAT WAS THAT GARBAGE... Or, HOW COULD WE EVEN THINK THAT WAS GOOD, WE MUST HAVE BEEN HIGH ON THE FUNNY STUFF...

Believe what you want to believe.:rolleyes:

It's the Star Wars of this generation. Maybe even bigger.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Okay...but that's not WDW. Believe me, the large majority of guests come for the rides.

EDIT: And for everyone who says Harry Potter is a flash in the pan, Half Blood Prince raked in the biggest international opening EVER this weekend.

I wonder why EPCOT opened as an attraction based park with no characters until the guests complained that there was no Mickey.

S.E.A.

you do realize that after the 8th movie comes out there will be no more new Potter material to keep the flames going. Not only that, but Potter's relevance in literature has already been usurped by Twilight. Yes, the flash is on it's way to being extinguished. Besides, what was Half Blood Prince up against? Transformers 2? yeah it was so hard winning the weekend box office.

Festivus

Well, I've seen the blueprints and read most of the threads. I must say some of you have an incredible insight into MK, FL, and how Disney operates. My 2 cents is this, the plans strike me as legitimate, however, I think they are either incomplete, a rough draft, or a work in progress. Certain areas are very detailed and fleshed out while others seem very rough, like the Dumbo area. But I could see an announcement coming off a completed version, it could be Disney is still figuring out exactly what they want.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw expansion and updates to all the parks coming soon. It seems to me that over the last few years they have been focusing on resort capacity with all the new additions coming online, like BLT, Kidani Village, Tree Houses, and more. The next logical step would be to expand all the parks to compensate for what would be increased traffic in the parks.

Captain Chaos

I never said I hated meet and greets. Never. They serve their purpose. But to devote 75% of a new expansion to meet and greets is ridiculous IMO.

I don't see it as 75%... It is just a small part of 5 new zones... An e-ticket, a new table service... Seems like a new counter service??? We also don't know what else is included inside these zones or areas... What ever happened to wait until the press release and official announcements???

Goofy, sorry, I didn't mean you in particular... Hope it didn't come off that way... And I am with you on being happy for the e-ticket little mermaid.. I'll for sure hop on board and take a ride...

I just find it funny that some people on here complain there hasn't been an e-ticket added since Splash, now there seems like one is coming, and they complain cause there are not 2 coming... or 3.. or cause it isn't what THEY want...

SirGoofy

I wonder why EPCOT opened as an attraction based park with no characters until the guests complained that there was no Mickey.

Please read all my posts. Seriously. I said they serve their purpose. In no way shape or form do I think there should be no meet and greets. Hell, I've been clamoring for MK to get DL's Pixie Hollow. But to take up the largest expansion pad in MK with mainly Meet and Greets is a bit ridiculous.

I'm glad MK's getting expanded if this is approved. I'm ecstatic that it's getting a true dark ride E-ticket. But I personally think that one C or D should have been added as well.

Captain Chaos

Believe what you want to believe.:rolleyes:

It's the Star Wars of this generation. Maybe even bigger.

We shall see if it stands the test of time.. It may.. it may not... problem with comparing it to star wars is 2 different generations... Today's generation has attention spans that don't last very long... They move on to the next biggest thing, and, well, George Lucas makes sure we don't forget... Something tells me J.K. Rowling will not be George Lucas...

SirGoofy

you do realize that after the 8th movie comes out there will be no more new Potter material to keep the flames going. Not only that, but Potter's relevance in literature has already been usurped by Twilight. Yes, the flash is on it's way to being extinguished. Besides, what was Half Blood Prince up against? Transformers 2? yeah it was so hard winning the weekend box office.

Yea, because Star Wars and Indiana Jones had so much to keep things going as well right? And no, Potter has no where near been replaced by Twighlight. Twighlight is for tween girls. Almost everyone I know has read the HP books and seen the movies. My grandmother and aunts have read the books, and my sister, who is the target demographic for Twighlight hated it because she said, "They're just trying to copy Harry."

Honestly, think about things before you type them.

S.E.A.

We shall see if it stands the test of time.. It may.. it may not... problem with comparing it to star wars is 2 different generations... Today's generation has attention spans that don't last very long... They move on to the next biggest thing, and, well, George Lucas makes sure we don't forget... Something tells me J.K. Rowling will not be George Lucas...

and Star Wars earned it's popularity on its own merits, the Harry Potter movies are glorified book tie-ins and they aren't even that good.

Captain Chaos

And yet, Transformers made some serious cash... It has been out what, 3 weeks now???? If HP couldn't over come Bruno and a movie out 3 weeks, something would have seriously been wrong... It is this generations big thing... Will fade as they get older.. Will disappear as time goes on.. JK already said no more Potter... George Lucas continues to pump out Star Wars material... Other authors continue to write Star Wars books.... Star Wars continues to be relevant and popular today cause George Lucas will not abandon it.. JK will abandon HP...

SirGoofy

Shes already released another book that ties into the world. If the people want more Potter, I'm sure she'll oblige.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Please read all my posts. Seriously. I said they serve their purpose. In no way shape or form do I think there should be no meet and greets. Hell, I've been clamoring for MK to get DL's Pixie Hollow. But to take up the largest expansion pad in MK with mainly Meet and Greets is a bit ridiculous.

I'm glad MK's getting expanded if this is approved. I'm ecstatic that it's getting a true dark ride E-ticket. But I personally think that one C or D should have been added as well.

We don't know that there isn't a C or D attraction coming. Either in this rehab or further down the road. As it sits now there is a large plot of wasted property(20K). After infrastructure is put in who's to say that another attraction couldn't be added down the line.

SirGoofy

We don't know that there isn't a C or D attraction coming. Either in this rehab or further down the road. As it sits now there is a large plot of wasted property(20K). After infrastructure is put in who's to say that another attraction couldn't be added down the line.

You're right, we'll just have to wait 17-20 years for it.:lol:

EDIT: Yes, dxer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom