The New Fantasyland

tirian

So, have we decided that they plans are legit? It it just a cowincidence that the OP posted the rumor and said he had "plans" and then in a matter of hours, the plans landed online? The look real...but I still have my doubts. Too good to be true?? Real? Thoughts...

The real question is which edition is this--an early draft or the final, approved plan. That's a question that very few people can answer, and those of us who know can't talk about it.

I personally know that things were cut, but I don't know which parts, so I'm waiting for more information too. But this blueprint doesn't seem to have enough that could be cut.

Horizonsfan

The real question is which edition is this--an early draft or the final, approved plan. That's a question that very few people can answer, and those of us who know can't talk about it.

I personally know that things were cut, but I don't know which parts, so I'm waiting for more information too. But this blueprint doesn't seem to have enough that could be cut.

If they've cut anything hopefully it's Cindy, Aurora, and Pooh's M&Gs. Then they can leave Pooh's playground for the time being, later using that space for better "stuff" :lookaroun.

JustInTime

So you are thinking this could be one of the later blueprints? Interesting.

jt04

If they've cut anything hopefully it's Cindy, Aurora, and Pooh's M&Gs. Then they can leave Pooh's playground for the time being, later using that space for future "stuff" :lookaroun.

I agree with you. This plan works as a whole and it would be tragic to see any of it cut but the M&G's should be the first to go.

Can't they for once not slice and dice a concept? It's like somebody pulling whole chapters out of a classic piece of literature. Bean counters are clueless about how Disney makes money. Clueless! :fork:

Thanks, I feel better now. :eek:

Captain Chaos

Are you guys suggestiing cutting a very small portion, and I do mean extremely small portion of each princess zone designated for M&G's or are you two suggesting they cut the entire Cinderella and Aurora zones???

Horizonsfan

Are you guys suggestiing cutting a very small portion, and I do mean extremely small portion of each princess zone designated for M&G's or are you two suggesting they cut the entire Cinderella and Aurora zones???

What I was suggesting was if they have to cut areas/attractions, I would rather them cut the Cinderella building/attraction; the Aurora building/attraction; and the pooh meet and greet.

My reasoning is:

A) They take up a fair amount of space, space that could be used down the road for bigger better things
B) A portion of that space is already occupied by Pooh's Playful Spot so, it wouldn't be as if nothing is there when the refreshed FL "opens".
C) These are the least exciting parts of the expansion in my (and others as well) eyes. Be Our Guest, the two dumbos, the refreshed facades of "old" FL, and of course TLM are far more important.

Markz

So... I didnt have internet access for a couple of days, I come back here and spot this thread right away, however I haven't found anything interesting in the first few pages, nor in the last few pages

is there anything in between that is of any interest?

What happened to said plans?

SirGoofy

Wow are you obsessed with JT? You either need to get out more often or just leave him alone it's getting a little creepy.

No more creepy than JT's man crush on '74.

So... I didnt have internet access for a couple of days, I come back here and spot this thread right away, however I haven't found anything interesting in the first few pages, nor in the last few pages

is there anything in between that is of any interest?

What happened to said plans?

The plans were taken down by the mods, and requested not to be posted.

EpcotServo

GMR!:lol::brick:How could I forget the Spaceship Earth of movies?:lookaroun:lol:

I swear, that Hat messes with me.:lol:

For the Record:

DARK RIDE COUNT

Studios-
Tower of Terror
Rock N Roller Coaster
Great Movie Ride
Midway Mania

Animal Kingdom-
Countdown

Epcot-
Spaceship Earth
Imagination
Test Track
Universe of Energy
Gran Fiesta Tour
Maelstrom
Nemo

EPCOT Center-
Spaceship Earth
Universe of Energy
Horizons
World of Motion
Imagination
Maelstrom
El Rio

Magic Kingdom-
Pirates
Mansion
Small World
Peter Pan
Snow White
Pooh
Splash Mountain
Buzz

Disneyland Paris-
Pirates
Phantom Manor
Snow White
Pinocchio
Peter Pan
Small World
Space Mountain Mission 2
Buzz

Walt Disney Studios Paris-
Tower of Terror
Crush's Coaster

Universal Studios Florida-
Revenge of the Mummy
Men In Black
E.T.

Islands of Adventure-
Spiderman
Dudley-Do-Right
Cat in the Hat

HKDL-
Pooh
Small World
Buzz

Tokyo Disneyland-
Pirates
Splash Mountain
Peter Pan
Snow White
Pinocchio
Haunted Mansion
Small World
Pooh's Hunny Hunt
Roger Rabbit
Buzz
Monsters Inc. Ride and Go Seek

Tokyo DisneySea
Tower of Terror
Journey to the Center of the Earth
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Sinbad
Indiana Jones Adventure

DCA-
Monsters Inc.
Tower of Terror
Midway Mania

Disneyland-
Indiana Jones Adventure
Pirates
Mansion
Splash Mountain
Pooh
Pinocchio
Snow White
Peter Pan
Mr.Toad
Alice in Wonderland
Small World
Roger Rabbit
Submarine Voyage
Buzz

As you can see, the Dark Ride count is mostly average with other parks that people DON'T complain about lack of Dark Rides.

And as you can also see, if you like Dark Rides, Disneyland is the place to be.
:D

I think Fantasyland NEEDS a darkride of Pinnochio and Alice to be a comlete Fantasyland.

If I had a dream list it would be those 2 rides, and TLM. A sit-down restaurant done in the German beer hall style. A place with turkey legs (I don't eat them but it seems apropo), and enchanted forest that leads to Toontown.

I don't know if it's still there, but Tokyo Disneyland has an awesome Alice restaurant (don't start singing, here... wrong "Alice's Restaurant"!).... That would be cool... a huge restaurant (I believe it was cafeteria-style) with all Cards and Roses, etc. The door handles, I remember, were like the "face" in the movie.

Judy

FreedomWrangler

So, is this happening or not? I read through all the pages, even the boring ones and didn't see a link to a Disney Co. official statement.

Certainly there were allusions from those members here in the know or close to the magic...and I found said plans posted on another site. But no official word from Disney.

I guess I'll watch their press release page.

SirGoofy

So, is this happening or not? I read through all the pages, even the boring ones and didn't see a link to a Disney Co. official statement.

Certainly there were allusions from those members here in the know or close to the magic...and I found said plans posted on another site. But no official word from Disney.

I guess I'll watch their press release page.

It has not been approved yet. They are still mulling over a few proposals from what I've been told, but FL is the front runner.

MiklCraw4d

Yes I'm well aware of the soul crushing effects of my statement may have on Epcot fanbois, but really, if Star Tours 2 and MI are coming to DHS and nothing new is added to Epcot, don't you think the appeal of Epcot to the general public might lessen a little?

If EPCOT stagnates, quite possibly. I'm just challenging the generalization that kids will, by default, avoid EPCOT at all costs. But if DHS does actually get those attractions, would it come at the expense of EPCOT or DAK - which is already less-attended than EPCOT?

MiklCraw4d

OK, I think I understand what the deal is with Barnstormer. It appears it is being kept as a sort of mini-toontown while the current area is closed for Phase 1. It could even have some "temporary" M&G's (fab 5) in that area since the MK will need the capacity. It's interesting to note that BaTB-land and LM-land and Dumbo-land can all be built without shutting anything of consequence down. Also, the same for Cindy and SB stuff and PH. This project is much easier than the DCA makeover from a logistical point of view. In the end however I think barnstormer will be removed or rethemed. If it's going to be a Dwarves mine theme, wouldn't it need to be enclosed like a mini RnRC type concept? :shrug:

Maybe they could later build a for-real Toontown on the other side of the railroad tracks?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom