The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Rich T

I think I'm the only one who would actually like to see Rocket Rods come back (with properly banked curves and a cool pre-show).
Rocket Rods was a fun ride, but it was over-ambitious (in concept, not execution). I will never understand why they went with powered vehicles, which turned it into a maintenance nightmare. If the concept's ever revisited, it should come back as a family launch coaster. I'm looking at that new single-rail, single-file-seat coaster from RMC that's going into CA Great America and Fiesta Texas in 2018 and all I can think is... A mild-launch version of a system like that would be so much more reliable and easier to maintain for a Rocket Rods-style ride than individually powered vehicles. And the track and its supports could be designed to look like anything Disney wanted.

Rich T

Does anyone else stand in front of the light in Walt's apartment and tip your hat to him on your way out?
Or is it just me?

Also, what does everyone do first when they get to the parks? Bathroom break? Snack break? Check attraction wait times? I have a weird tradition of walking directly down the middle of main street...at least as close to middle as crowds allow.
That is such a wonderful end-of-night idea!!!
If it's DL, we head for rope-drop and then go straight to Peter Pan and Mr. Toad.
If it's DCA, we head for rope-drop and then RSR.
We're rope-drop people. :D

Driver

I was wondering if anyone has any Disney Dollars, I got some stashed away somewhere. Back in the day I thought they would be a cool souvenir. I can't be the only one that has some, just curious.

disneygeek90

I really enjoyed my two day solo trip to DL a couple weeks ago. One day each park. Spent the first day from 8am-midnight at DL. To say I was exhausted was an understatement. From what I could recall, I attended 31 attractions (counting multiple rides), made 29,500 steps and walked a total of 12.5 miles per Fitbit. Maxpass was a great help to enable me to do so much.

I had never seen HMH and really enjoyed seeing something new and different. It was much more than I had anticipated.

DCA was a much less exhausting day comparably. I treated myself to the Carthay Circle WoC package, saw the Frozen show for the first time, and was able to ride RSR 3 times in 45 minutes thanks to single rider line.

Darkbeer1

I was wondering if anyone has any Disney Dollars, I got some stashed away somewhere. Back in the day I thought they would be a cool souvenir. I can't be the only one that has some, just curious.

Cedar Fair/Knott's still have paper Beagle Bucks, got some for doing a survey in front of the park last month.

Miceberg

I've got a bunch of them with random princesses and pirates on them. I'll probably save them for the day I have grandkids and can put them in their Christmas stockings.

Driver

I've got a bunch of them with random princesses and pirates on them. I'll probably save them for the day I have grandkids and can put them in their Christmas stockings.
Back when I put them away I wasn't thinking about them becoming a collector item. So I just kept a few as souvenirs. But I started thinking other people must have saved them as well.

dweezil78

Usually hit Pan because rope drop is best time of day to do it.

Unless it's magic morning hours... then they already got ya beat! Even with rope drop, if you're not ahead of the pack you could end up with a 30+ min wait. I haven't been in Pan in over a year now, I refuse to wait so long for any FL dark ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom