The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

mickEblu

Original Poster
There have been more than a few times where I have a thought or two I want to express but have nowhere to put it and at the same time don’t think it’s worthy of its own thread. So I end up posting something completely irrelevant on a hot thread I was recently engaged in. I’m not sure if one of these already exists but if it does it’s not being used.

So I’ll start...

For anyone who cares, word on the street (Reddit) is garland wires have been spotted running across Main Street.

Kiwiduck

There have been more than a few times where I have a thought or two I want to express but have nowhere to put it and at the same time don’t think it’s worthy of its own thread. So I end up posting something completely irrelevant on a hot thread I was recently engaged in. I’m not sure if one of these already exists but if it does it’s not being used.

So I’ll start...

For anyone who cares, word on the street (Reddit) is garland wires have been spotted running across Main Street.
I like your random thought. I will be there next week and would love to see garlands.

Darkbeer1

Wait, It would be the Holidays of a Million Ornaments for just $39.95 each - Annual Passholder Exclusive

20171114_105302-M.jpg

mickEblu

Original Poster
I've never had a Disneyland chimichanga. I've been thinking about trying one.

I used to like them but the last two times have been a big fail. They weren’t crispy at all. Too soft and chewy. I think it all depends on how long they are sweating in those bags for. Also the last turkey leg I had was awful! Wet, under salted (if you can believe it) and really under cooked.

mickEblu

Original Poster
So I finally used MaxPass last weekend on Veterans Day. It was really glitchy and it was down until about 12 noon. I purchased it around 10am and got an email confirmation but it wasn’t actually working until noon. They really have to get that Wi-FI working asap. My battery died at like 3pm because of how many times I tried refreshing my phone to see if the app was up.

And why AFTER you have already purchased and you want you try to select a FP it takes you right back to that same screen making it look like they want you to purchase it again?

Anyway MaxPass is super convenient but it just requires too much burying your head in your phone and takes you out of the moment. Especially at night when your fast passes are starting to pile up and you have to start making decisions like which ones you ll be able to redeem and still fit in dinner, if you ll be able to let your friends see the fireworks and which fast pass should you select next since your eligible again. Just too much prioritizing and thinking at a Theme park for my taste. I guess it was A combo of the app being glitchy, the fact that it was a busy day and the pressure of trying to let your guests from out of town see as much as possible with a one day park hopper.

D.Silentu

Honestly, I have no idea what scent they were attempting! It was very strong and almost made me sneeze when I sniffed it directly. Also, it was shaped like Santa Claus and I believe it advertised one of Disney's cable networks. My sister and I still joke about it.

Darkbeer1

In line for the ice show. Got my ornament, nice round one that has 3 led lights, battery included:cool:.

They also have Merry Farm T-shirts for 9.99 each. Good quality to boot.

They also have faux LEGO sets featuring the Peanuts characters, bought Snoopy's Dog House with a Snoopy and Woodstock for less than ten dollars with my SP discount.

Now the line to get the ornaments was insane, but still faster than any Disneyland one I have been in. Very well organized with multiple pick up stations.

So how can Santa get all his work done if he spends all day at Knott's?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom