The Many Adventures of Oswald!-Holidays in the World 2012

Welcome to another @PartOfYourWorld trip report!!!!!! Sorry for the delay in my report, but I wanted to wait until we got our photopass pictures in to begin so HERE WE GOOOOO!

The Cast:
The usual me and my Disney loving mom @LuvsTheMouse! Here is a picture of us from our previous trip in September of 2012:
DSC09400.jpg

BUT WAIT!!! There was a new member joining us on this trip….OSWALD THE LUCKY RABBIT!
DSC09423.jpg

Oswald was very excited to take his very first trip to Walt Disney World and visit his ol pal Mickey Mouse!!!!!

The When and Where:
Sunday November 25th-Sunday December 2nd at Port Orleans French Quarter Resort

WARNING: This will be a picture infused trip report. I recently acquired a new camera before this trip; a CANON T4i Rebel and took over 1300 pictures so be prepared J

Sunday November 25th: Arrival Day, DTD, and DHS

We were up and at ‘em for a 930ish am flight departing to Endor…oh wait different trip…sunny Orlando, Florida!!!

Oswald was very anxious for his trip to begin!
DSC03833.jpg

Obligatory plane picture
DSC03835.jpg

Stow-aways for the trip (it was a little early for Oswald so he was taking a nap)
DSC09424.jpg

Passing the time away doing some coloring!
DSC03836.jpg

Looking out the window longing to land in Florida….
DSC09425.jpg

DSC03837.jpg

After what seemed like eternity our safe flight landed in MCO around 1230pm and my what a beautiful sight it was!

IMG_5451_zpsbdf07984.jpg

Can’t believe we’re here at DME again!
IMG_5453_zpsa6547b12.jpg

Port Orleans French Quarter here we come!
IMG_5454_zps6e9c3c7c.jpg

Why hello Disney Cruise Line bus!
IMG_5455_zps3aa8b2e5.jpg

IMG_5456_zps555e3f91.jpg

Oswald was ready to go!
IMG_5458_zps46524a26.jpg

Excited for this to begin!
IMG_5464_zps3c3c9da3.jpg

This was before we found out we were the second stop L
IMG_5460_zpseb13d387.jpg

In the Christmas spirit with Red and Green Painted nails!!! Oh hey and my beautiful engagement ring :D
IMG_5461_zps0c2d9789.jpg

*cue angels singing* IT’S THE SIGN!
IMG_5463_zpsff756f53.jpg

IMG_5464_zps3c3c9da3.jpg

Prince-1

Everytime i look at these trip reports I tell my wife that we should do one. We are going to WDW at the end of mArch so maybe i wil. LOve all your pics. Thanks

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
Everytime i look at these trip reports I tell my wife that we should do one. We are going to WDW at the end of mArch so maybe i wil. LOve all your pics. Thanks

You should definitely do one!!!!! :) It's a nice way to reminicse (sp?) about your trip and relive awesome memories!
And thanks! Also, thanks for following along! :)

foreverbelle

So I am a little late to the party. But yea I love your trip report.....and its getting me in the holiday mood, even if it is March. Sigh. One day I vow to go here during the holidays.

Random question, where oh where can I get me one of those Mickey Pretzel's you posted in the beginning of the report?? Are they new? I have never seen one before and would love love one....

Love the report though, and will now return to reading...lol.

Mrs.Skellington

Ok so apparently we were there at the same same time. Who knew? Well apparently @jesemeca knew. She was texting both of us. I wish I would have know. AND we were at Port Orleans Thursday night, eating at Boatwrights. Well I know we will definitely get to meet each other on the cruise!

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
What a TR!!!! OMG that was amazing! Thank you ;)

THanks for reading! It isn't over yet!! Posting more tonight!

Loving the report Jess! The Oswald pictures are hysterical :)

And I'm super jealous you got to see NPH! Can't wait to read the rest :)

hahaha thanks Jess!!!! :) More coming tonight!

So I am a little late to the party. But yea I love your trip report.....and its getting me in the holiday mood, even if it is March. Sigh. One day I vow to go here during the holidays.

Random question, where oh where can I get me one of those Mickey Pretzel's you posted in the beginning of the report?? Are they new? I have never seen one before and would love love one....

Love the report though, and will now return to reading...lol.

Thanks for joining!!!!! :) haha I know even when I look at my pictures I think Christmas is on the way. It's crazy. And you definitely need to make it a point to go there during the holidays!

I believe we got that Mickey Pretzel at one of those popcorn booths that hang around the hub of DHS around the hat. It was the first time we had one...not sure when they were implemented into the parks. Maybe sometime last year? I could be wrong.

Ok so apparently we were there at the same same time. Who knew? Well apparently @jesemeca knew. She was texting both of us. I wish I would have know. AND we were at Port Orleans Thursday night, eating at Boatwrights. Well I know we will definitely get to meet each other on the cruise!

SERIOUSLY?!?!?! How did we miss that little detail? I'm surprised she didn't tell either of us! We will have to give her heck for it. And yes we will! It's coming up fast!!!

No way! Can you imagine how many pictures there will be from this trip? :D

hahaha there will be sooooo many!!!

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
Friday November 30th-DHS and MK

We were up and at em early to make sure we made it over to DHS in time for the scavenger hunt. And what a beautiful morning it was!
IMG_6496.jpg

I seriously just love the French Quarter!
IMG_6497.jpg

IMG_6498.jpg

IMG_6499.jpg

For breakfast it was an omelette to share and a bagel. Didn’t take a picture because we had it already this week LOL. We caught a bus and soon found ourselves at the Studios!
IMG_6500.jpg

While we waited for everyone to get there, a little photoshoot!!
IMG_6501.jpg

IMG_6502.jpg

IMG_6503.jpg

IMG_6504.jpg

Finally it was time for the hunt to start at 8:30 am. We had to have everything in by 11:30 am. Our team consisted of myself, Mom, and our friend from Team Studios Central, Yulady, and Oswald our mascot! We named ourselves the Oswaldettes and we were on our way!!!!

This hunt had us going crazy all over the studios. We had to find random things, take pictures with certain things and props, and answer some questions. One of the funniest moments was when we had a series of questions from the great movie ride. We were able to find all of the answers on the internet and from memory all but one. We had to count the palm trees in the beginning area where you board. Well we literally sat down in the vehicle and quickly counted the trees. After coming to an agreement and they had already started the show, we asked to get up and leave. Oh man we had a great laugh at that one. Here are a series of pictures from our adventures….

Picture with a ToT cast member
IMG_6505.jpg

Writing down answers…
DSC09663.jpg

Everyone with ears
IMG_6506.jpg

A picture of Bill Cosby
IMG_6507.jpg

Singing in the Rain!
IMG_6508.jpg

IMG_6509.jpg

And a picture with the larger than life Coke Bottle.
IMG_6513.jpg

We were the first team to arrive at…get this: 9:30 AM!!!! It was crazy. Teams finally started strolling in around 10:15ish and they were surprised we were already there and had finished. We exchanged stories and made some friends in the process. Once everyone came back and the scores were tallied it turned out we won because we got the maximum points and were the first team to arrive!!!!! We were so excited!!!!! We all received a touring plans T-shirt and our pick at random prizes. I picked a Disney Cruise Line vinyl and mom got a Disney Cruise line luggage tag. I forgot what Yulady picked. Thanks to Touring Plans for putting on a great time!!! I would definitely do another scavenger hunt if I had the chance again it was so much fun! And it made you look for the little things in the park!

Here is our winning team:
IMG_6516.jpg

We decided to make our way our of the park because we wanted to try to get in for the Christmas Parade tapings and have lunch at Be Our Guest!

IMG_6517.jpg

IMG_6518.jpg

Bye DHS until next time!
IMG_6519.jpg

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
We hopped on a bus and made our way into the Magic Kingdom where they had equipment set up for the Christmas parade taping! This was the first time we were ever hear for this and we were so excited!!!
IMG_6520.jpg

These definitely weren’t there the other day!
IMG_6521.jpg

Nick Cannon’s stage
IMG_6522.jpg

Stage set up.
IMG_6524.jpg

Before we could stop and see what was going on we had a lunch date to make!
IMG_6526.jpg

We got in line and waited about 20 minutes before we ordered and got seated but it was so worth it taking in all these details!
IMG_6527.jpg

IMG_6528.jpg

IMG_6529.jpg

IMG_6530.jpg

IMG_6531.jpg

IMG_6533.jpg

IMG_6534.jpg

IMG_6536.jpg

Loved these armor! ;)
IMG_6537.jpg

We got these once we ordered. Clever! J
IMG_6542.jpg

We decided to sit in the Rose Gallery (Music Box Room) and it was so beautiful. But I kinda wish they had Belle and Beast dancing in the Grand Ballroom instead..seemed almost out of place here for me.
IMG_6543.jpg

There were really really cute potraits all around the room. I don’t want to ruin it all for you so I’ll only post a couple of the potraits.
IMG_6544.jpg

One of my favorites
IMG_6549.jpg

No Plastic forks or knives!
DSC09668.jpg

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
For lunch we shared a ham and cheese sandwich, French onion soup, and a strawberry cream cheese cupcake! It was all SOOOOO YUMMY! I can’t wait to eat here for dinner!!!!
IMG_6547.jpg

Again…details
IMG_6550.jpg

IMG_6555.jpg

Unfortunately, there was already little tile pieces coming off of the floor…
IMG_6556.jpg

After we were finished eating we walked around to see the other parts of the castle.

The ballroom is seriously GORGEOUS.
IMG_6557.jpg

IMG_6558.jpg

IMG_6559.jpg

Seriously…its SNOWING. If that’s not Disney Magic…I don’t know what is. (That snow is better than having 2 feet of snow here!)
IMG_6561.jpg

Lastly, we wandered into the eerie West Wing…
IMG_6564.jpg

IMG_6566.jpg

One of my favorite things in the whole castle
IMG_6570.jpg

IMG_6573.jpg

IMG_6580.jpg

Beautiful mural…straight outta the movie…
IMG_6582.jpg

We headed on back towards the castle to see what was going on, and Colbie Calliet was getting ready to come on stage and tape!!! It was really really interesting to see how a taping is done and it’s amazing how many takes they can do, but it was so worth it! If you watched it on Christmas Day then you know what she sang J
IMG_6585.jpg

DSC09673.jpg

Inbetween Colbie rehearsals I noticed that Maria Menunous was doing some taping at the hub so I headed on over and caught my friend Banks Lee! While they were taping talking segments they made us put all our cameras down so I don’t have many pics. I was about 2 rows back, then when they were ready to do another scene I ended up right inbetween Maria and Samantha Brown from the Travel Channel!!! Maria was really nice and talked to us in between breaks asking us where we’re from etc. When I shouted out where I was from she smiled and said I’m not far from there! Then turns out someone standing next to me from was from a few towns over…I thought that was pretty cool!
IMG_6593.jpg

Oh hey and guess what….I got my 15 seconds of fame on TV!!!!! I MADE IT ON TV DURING THE CHRISTMAS DAY PARADE TAPING HOW FREAKIN COOL IS THAT???? Thanks @enchanted_belle for the photo!
MeonTV_zps3ef0f28d.jpg

MeonTV2_zps47df5200.jpg

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
MeonTV3_zps0a61ff2c.jpg

I headed back to Mom and near the castle for the last taping of the day Yolanda Adams. She has a beautiful voice and did hers in one take.

IMG_6600.jpg

Stupid head of the guy of the front of me…this would have been an awesome picture!
IMG_6604.jpg

We headed on over into Fantasyland where we spotted Rapunzel’s Tower going up!!!
IMG_6606.jpg

I can’t wait until this bathroom area is open! (Now as of this posting they are open and they look AMAZING!)
IMG_6607.jpg

And kept on walking by right into the Haunted Mansion!
IMG_6608.jpg

IMG_6609.jpg

IMG_6611.jpg

IMG_6615.jpg

Don’t worry no flash pictures!
IMG_6616.jpg

We took a leisurely boat ride through It’s a Small World to see some favorite penguins of mine!
IMG_6619.jpg

Hmmm…what to do next??? Well go visit Ariel and Eric again! (6th ride)
IMG_6620.jpg

IMG_6622.jpg

Finally got a decent one of Sebastian
IMG_6624.jpg

When we were heading out of New Fantasyland the sun setting was creating a beautiful sky and I couldn’t pass it up.
IMG_6625.jpg

IMG_6626.jpg

IMG_6627.jpg

IMG_6628.jpg

We headed down towards Main Street because we had some dinner ressies at Kona! While walking we noticed the wreaths were gone and the clocks were covered due to the taping!
IMG_6629.jpg

IMG_6630.jpg

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
Monorail Peach was our ride for the trip
IMG_6631.jpg

IMG_6632.jpg

We stopped at the Contemporary since we had a bit of time to kill and we shopped around. Here is where I purchased some Disney Resort Grapefruit lotion…OMG it is AMAZING. It is my new favorite!!!

I was disappointed in the Christmas decorations here though
IMG_6633.jpg

IMG_6635.jpg

IMG_6636.jpg

IMG_6638.jpg

We headed on to the Polynesian because our tummies were rumbling!

Poly trees!
IMG_6640.jpg

IMG_6641.jpg

For starters we ordered some awesome drinks: Citrus Infusion and an Island Sunset for mom
IMG_6643.jpg

The best bread!
IMG_6642.jpg

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
For dinner I had my favorite Pan Asian Noodles
IMG_6644.jpg

Mom had the Almond Encrusted Chicken. Both were excellent!
IMG_6645.jpg

Oswald loves his umbrella!
IMG_6646.jpg

Love the lights in here!
IMG_6647.jpg

Monorail Black was the one to take us back to the Magic Kingdom for our bus back to POFQ
IMG_6648.jpg

The moon was gorgeous tonight!
IMG_6650.jpg

IMG_6651.jpg

IMG_6652.jpg

After dropping off our things and resting a bit we headed back down to the lobby because we were meeting some very special people!!!!

Oswald was anxiously waiting on the bench
IMG_6653.jpg

Ornament shot?
IMG_6654.jpg

Finally two of our favorite people came to spend some time with us!!!! Shelley (@WaltSentme007) and Jason!!!!! We talked for some time in Sassasougla Float Works and just spent time catching up. It was so great to see them again and I cannot wait until we can see them again!
IMG_6656.jpg

After we said our goodbyes we hit the sack because we had a very early breakfast in the morning for our last full day in Walt Disney World.

Stay tuned!!!

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
I love the look on The Prince's face. It is fabulous!!

haha I know right?? LOVE IT.

ive only ever been to Disney for the Holidays once and We stayed at Pofq....Your great pictures are making me really want to do it again!! Great T.r.!!!

You definitely need to go again! It is so beautiful. And thank you!!! The last bit to come probably at the beginning of the week!!!

Great pictures of Be Our Guest!

I am so impressed that you were first - AND by that much! That is so awesome!

And how cool you were on television!!

Thanks Tammy!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I know right??? Finally got my 15 seconds of fame on the Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade!!!! :D I freaked out when I saw myself on television. I was so excited.

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
Saturday December 1-Our last full day in the World :(

This morning we were up before 6 so we could catch an early bus for DHS (they had EMH). But we weren’t heading there….we had breakfast ressies at Cape May!

I seriously LOVE Disney mornings…there is just nothing like it.
IMG_6657.jpg

We got to the bus stop and waited FOREVER for a bus to show up. We got there just after 630 and we didn’t see a bus until 7!!! We eventually made it to DHS and walked over to the Beach Club. The sunrise was just gorgeous this morning, I would highly recommend this nice morning walk at the EPCOT resorts.
IMG_6658.jpg

My tower <3
IMG_6659.jpg

IMG_6660.jpg

I love my DHS!
IMG_6661.jpg

Notice all the hot air balloons in the sky? I thought that was awesome!
IMG_6662.jpg

IMG_6663.jpg

Duckies!!
IMG_6664.jpg

<3
IMG_6665.jpg

The Beach Club is our destination!
IMG_6666.jpg

IMG_6667.jpg

Parade of friendship boats!
IMG_6668.jpg

I love the Boardwalk!
IMG_6669.jpg

We still had some extra time so we stopped at the Yacht Club to see the Christmas Decorations
IMG_6670.jpg

Love the train set!
IMG_6671.jpg

IMG_6672.jpg

IMG_6673.jpg

IMG_6674.jpg

IMG_6675.jpg

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
Waiting for breakfast!
DSC09677.jpg

Time to eat!
IMG_6676.jpg

Love the detail in the floor!
IMG_6677.jpg

And in the columns around the buffet
DSC09679.jpg

The characters started coming around when we sat down so we waited for a few of them. I seriously loved them in their little beachy outfits!
IMG_6680.jpg

IMG_6682.jpg

IMG_6685.jpg

Shake ya Tailfeather
IMG_6686.jpg

IMG_6687.jpg

IMG_6689.jpg

We saw all the characters in one shot and now it was time to eat!!! The food was very yummy especially the chourico eggs but it was super greasy!
IMG_6691.jpg

My favorite: Mickey waffles!
IMG_6692.jpg

IMG_6693.jpg

Details down to the end:
IMG_6694.jpg

I would highly recommend this for breakfast if you’ve never tried it before!! I would definitely come back here!

To work off some of the food we ate we walked over to the Boardwalk so we could see the Christmas decorations!
IMG_6695.jpg

IMG_6696.jpg

Seriously love the Boardwalk! It is sooo beautiful!
IMG_6697.jpg

IMG_6698.jpg

IMG_6699.jpg

These clown chairs freak me out
IMG_6700.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom