The Many Adventures of Oswald!-Holidays in the World 2012

Welcome to another @PartOfYourWorld trip report!!!!!! Sorry for the delay in my report, but I wanted to wait until we got our photopass pictures in to begin so HERE WE GOOOOO!

The Cast:
The usual me and my Disney loving mom @LuvsTheMouse! Here is a picture of us from our previous trip in September of 2012:
DSC09400.jpg

BUT WAIT!!! There was a new member joining us on this trip….OSWALD THE LUCKY RABBIT!
DSC09423.jpg

Oswald was very excited to take his very first trip to Walt Disney World and visit his ol pal Mickey Mouse!!!!!

The When and Where:
Sunday November 25th-Sunday December 2nd at Port Orleans French Quarter Resort

WARNING: This will be a picture infused trip report. I recently acquired a new camera before this trip; a CANON T4i Rebel and took over 1300 pictures so be prepared J

Sunday November 25th: Arrival Day, DTD, and DHS

We were up and at ‘em for a 930ish am flight departing to Endor…oh wait different trip…sunny Orlando, Florida!!!

Oswald was very anxious for his trip to begin!
DSC03833.jpg

Obligatory plane picture
DSC03835.jpg

Stow-aways for the trip (it was a little early for Oswald so he was taking a nap)
DSC09424.jpg

Passing the time away doing some coloring!
DSC03836.jpg

Looking out the window longing to land in Florida….
DSC09425.jpg

DSC03837.jpg

After what seemed like eternity our safe flight landed in MCO around 1230pm and my what a beautiful sight it was!

IMG_5451_zpsbdf07984.jpg

Can’t believe we’re here at DME again!
IMG_5453_zpsa6547b12.jpg

Port Orleans French Quarter here we come!
IMG_5454_zps6e9c3c7c.jpg

Why hello Disney Cruise Line bus!
IMG_5455_zps3aa8b2e5.jpg

IMG_5456_zps555e3f91.jpg

Oswald was ready to go!
IMG_5458_zps46524a26.jpg

Excited for this to begin!
IMG_5464_zps3c3c9da3.jpg

This was before we found out we were the second stop L
IMG_5460_zpseb13d387.jpg

In the Christmas spirit with Red and Green Painted nails!!! Oh hey and my beautiful engagement ring :D
IMG_5461_zps0c2d9789.jpg

*cue angels singing* IT’S THE SIGN!
IMG_5463_zpsff756f53.jpg

IMG_5464_zps3c3c9da3.jpg

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
Above the lobby
IMG_6701.jpg

Had to take a bathroom shot of course!
IMG_6702.jpg

IMG_6703.jpg

We took a bus from the Boardwalk over to the Magic Kingdom and arrived around 10ish. They were setting up and getting ready to tape the parade portion for Christmas Day. We grabbed a spot on the corner of main street right in front of the Confectionary.

We stood around for a bit but they brought all the characters out to shoot the opening spot for the parade.
IMG_6705.jpg

IMG_6706.jpg

IMG_6707.jpg

Nick Cannon getting ready to do his hosting duties!
IMG_6710.jpg

IMG_6714.jpg

Next up was the military fly over. This was surreal I can’t believe I was here to witness it!
IMG_6715.jpg

After they shot the opening scene the characters walked by and began the parade!
IMG_6716.jpg

IMG_6717.jpg

IMG_6719.jpg

Confetti on the ground
IMG_6721.jpg

Next up they brought the stage out for Phillip Phillips performance and I got asked to be in the audience! But I couldn’t find myself on TV unfortunately. Phillip Phillips was not a nice person I thought. He didn’t even say thank you to the crowd when they were down filming and when a few people said I love you, etc he just ignored them. Seriously, get a life you’re here because people voted for you. What a loser.
IMG_6724.jpg

IMG_6726.jpg

IMG_6728.jpg

IMG_6733.jpg

It is time for the whole parade to start! Amazing I’m pretty certain they did the whole thing in one take. I never heard them say cut and say to back it up and shoot it again. It was pretty cool.

Mickey and Minnie!
IMG_6736.jpg

IMG_6739.jpg

The Princesses and Princes were next and there was this group of really rude, really loud and obnoxious 10-14 year old cheerleaders who were screaming for them and complaining that they couldn’t see and saying that the adults in front of them don’t care about this they should move. They tried to push their way through us and the people around me and we all crowded them in making sure they didn’t get through. Their adult chaperones didn’t even care. Finally they left after being unsuccessful at cutting to the front. THANK GOODNESS.

Anyways, here are the prince and princesses!
IMG_6740.jpg

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
IMG_6741.jpg

IMG_6742.jpg

I really wish John Smith was in the parks!!!
IMG_6743.jpg

IMG_6745.jpg

Scrooge McDuck
IMG_6746.jpg

IMG_6747.jpg

IMG_6748.jpg

I love how they brought the floats from Animal Kingdom!
IMG_6750.jpg

IMG_6754.jpg

Pixar Characters
IMG_6757.jpg

IMG_6759.jpg

IMG_6765.jpg

Some pirates!
IMG_6764.jpg

Mrs Claus!
IMG_6767.jpg

Puppies in the window!
IMG_6770.jpg

Nick Cannon getting ready for the big guy!
IMG_6772.jpg

Reindeers!
IMG_6776.jpg

THE BIG MAN HIMSELF!
IMG_6779.jpg

Closing out the show
IMG_6780.jpg

All the confetti on the ground!!!
IMG_6781.jpg

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
Characters came back out to film for a bit
IMG_6783.jpg

John Smith and Pocahontas!
IMG_6784.jpg

Noooo don’t go!
IMG_6785.jpg

That’s it for the actual parade shooting!
IMG_6786.jpg

Dancers getting ready to take the stage for the last musical act
IMG_6790.jpg

Lady Antebellum!
IMG_6792.jpg

IMG_6796.jpg

Awesome dancers!
IMG_6797.jpg

They did quite a few takes of the song before they were done.
IMG_6798.jpg

And with that parade taping for 2012 was over!
IMG_6801.jpg

We headed off towards Fantasyland. Can’t wait for this ride!!
IMG_6802.jpg

IMG_6803.jpg

Our tummies were rumbling so we decided to try out a place we have never tried before! Pinocchio Village Haus!
IMG_6805.jpg

It was really really cute in here!
IMG_6806.jpg

IMG_6807.jpg

And we were very excited to score a spot next to window near It’s a Small World!
IMG_6809.jpg

IMG_6808.jpg

For lunch we shared a BBQ chicken pizza, fries, and a side Caesar salad.
IMG_6810.jpg

The food was pretty good, I would definitely eat here again. And of course I couldn’t resist more pictures of It’s a Small World.
IMG_6811.jpg

IMG_6812.jpg

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
IMG_6813.jpg

We grabbed some fastpasses for Peter Pan on the way out and walked into Tomorrowland…
IMG_6814.jpg

where the wait for Buzz was 60 minutes…
IMG_6815.jpg

and the TTA had a line too! Welcome to the weekend!
IMG_6816.jpg

The clouds looked really cool behind Space Mountain
IMG_6817.jpg

So instead we headed into Storybook Circus and went for a spin on the Walt Disney World Railroad!
IMG_6818.jpg

IMG_6819.jpg

IMG_6820.jpg

IMG_6823.jpg

IMG_6825.jpg

We got back off in Fantasyland and decided to grab a fastpass for Under the Sea! More Mine Train murals. These are just so adorable.
IMG_6828.jpg

IMG_6829.jpg

IMG_6830.jpg

IMG_6831.jpg

Before either of our fastpasses started we took in a Philarmagic Show. This is my favorite 3D show on property!!!
IMG_6832.jpg

I love the little momentos around the shop on the way out.
IMG_6833.jpg

IMG_6834.jpg

IMG_6835.jpg

Now it was time to begin cashing in our fastpasses!
IMG_6839.jpg

A 7th ride on Under the Sea: The Journey of the Little Mermaid was up first!
IMG_6838.jpg

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
IMG_6841.jpg

IMG_6842.jpg

IMG_6843.jpg

Oswald was enjoying it!!
IMG_6844.jpg

Next up was Peter Pan! (sorry no pics lol). After riding in our pirate ship we headed over to the Haunted Mansion to get one last ride in on that.
IMG_6848.jpg

Ewwwww getting all boney
IMG_6851.jpg

After saying goodbye to our ghost host, we kept moving onto Frontierland where I grabbed a fastpass for Big Thunder and went to ride Pirate of the Caribbean to kill the time until then.
IMG_6852.jpg

IMG_6853.jpg

I thought the Mermaid additions were pretty cool!
IMG_6863.jpg

IMG_6865.jpg

IMG_6856.jpg

IMG_6868.jpg

IMG_6861.jpg

Finally it was time to ride BTMMR at night!!!!
IMG_6869.jpg

IMG_6870.jpg

IMG_6871.jpg

IMG_6872.jpg

IMG_6873.jpg

Since there was no wait and it wasn’t too cold I took one last ride on Splash Mountain. Oswald decided to sit out on this one. It was too cold for him!
IMG_6874.jpg

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
And the best part…..I HAD MY OWN LOG!!!!!! It was awesome! :D
IMG_6875.jpg

Heading out of Frontierland…
IMG_6876.jpg

IMG_6877.jpg

We watched Wishes from Adventureland, walked over to Tomorrowland to grab a fastpass for Buzz since the line was still insane. We took a ride on the TTA and watched the Carousel of Progress.
IMG_6878.jpg

When it was finally our turn to ride I LOST :(
IMG_6879.jpg

My mom’s score..
IMG_6880.jpg

And mine
IMG_6882.jpg

It was getting late and we had time for one last ride…which was of course one that is just after my heart….Journey of the Little Mermaid for the 8th time this trip and it was the best one yet :D

Don’t make me say goodbye yet…
IMG_6884.jpg

One last look down Main Street.
IMG_6885.jpg

And one last look at that beautiful Castle….
IMG_6886.jpg

We left the park around 12 am, headed back to the resort and bed since it was the worst day tomorrow :( .

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
Sunday December 2-Time to say goodbye…

We were up at 7 and had that awesome Mickey Waffle for breakfast :)
IMG_6887.jpg

We headed back to the room and I took some last pictures of the beautiful resort.
IMG_6890.jpg

IMG_6891.jpg

Hey look it’s a new addition! The Yeti!!!
IMG_6888.jpg

Next it was time for the un-magical express to pick us up….unfortunately we had a regular ol Mear’s bus. Everything was fine and dandy until we got to Old Key West to pick up some people. They had to use the wheelchair lift and it got stuck…he spent so much time trying to fix it that finally after at least 15 minutes or more he finally called for a new bus for us. Before he could even get one he got tossed around and was told oh try to fix it, and he said he already did, and then they told him to call so and so. So and so said don’t call me call this person, well this person said to call so and so. It was awful. Finally a new bus came he tried to get a wheelchair on and his almost got stuck as well…luckily his actually closed. We left the family with the wheelchair there and went onto the airport. Oh and there was like no room at the front of OKW. I will never stay at this resort it just seems so cramped!

We ended up getting to the airport in about 25 minutes (ya this guy went a little fast) but we arrived with only an hour and 20 minutes until our departure time. When we got to security they had just checked our IDs when they shut the whole airport down. We assumed they had some sort of security breach and everyone was freaking out they were going to miss their flights. Well they didn’t have to worry because they were told that no flights left or landed during the time they were down. Finally after about 20 minutes we were allowed to go through. Unfortunately, people were ed and they were just letting people and luggage fly right through which is a little scary to be honest. It was almost 1 and we finally made it through and got to our gate. Luckily we had time to grab a little lunch!

Finally happy to just be at the gate…not happy to be leaving FL though!
003bdc04-dfe9-47d4-9835-393a762eedcd_zpsf1efbf33.jpg

When it was time to board there was more people complaining. Some guy was complaining they let Group A board before kids. This same guy’s wife was carrying her kid by the waist upside down. He could have fell and broke his head. So dumb some people. We were worried it was going to be a noisy flight because there was so many kids, but there was hardly any so it was good.

Stowaway!
IMG_6892.jpg

We made it home with no troubles. Here are all my new vinyls from the trip:
IMG_6897.jpg

Thanks so much to all of you who are taking the time to read this trip report I truly appreciate it!!!! We had a great time at Christmas the world is such a beautiful place at this time of the year. We have no complaints about the resort, cast members, or anything. Couldn’t have been better!!!

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
FINAL THOUGHTS:

Basically, I LOVE WALT DISNEY WORLD AT CHRISTMASTIME.
The decorations were beautiful all over the resorts and the parks. I highly recommend you go during this time if you haven't. The crowds were pretty reasonable too.

I would stay at Port Orleans French Quarter in a heartbeat. The Port Orleans are definitely in my top resorts. And the new RFID locks were pretty cool. Looks like Disney is rolling it out in full swing now...

Other than that I can't remember any complaints about the trip besides the magical express on the way back.
Thanks again for reading and...

Tune in to my next trip report coming to a future near you in Spring/Summer 2013 with some new additions to the crew!!! I hear it just may be a very very special one too ;). I guess you'll just have to wait to find out!

PolynesianPrincess

Tune in to my next trip report coming to a future near you in Spring/Summer 2013 with some new additions to the crew!!! I hear it just may be a very very special one too ;). I guess you'll just have to wait to find out!

I can't WAIT to read this TR!!!!! ZOMG!!!! So excited because I'll (probably) make a cameo in it ;) haha

So I'm not quite sure I get it.... Did you like the little mermaid ride or something? Cause I couldn't tell!!! :D

I remember texting you on Christmas while watching the parade and I was so sad when you told me Philip Philips was kind of a jerk :( He's so adorable, you would think he would be nice. Especially since he's at DISNEY! How can you not be in the best possible mood ever at Disney! GEEZ!!! haha

POFQ is definitely on our list to try someday. It was going to be our resort for after the cruise but since we scored Bay Lake Tower, POFQ will have to wait. Maybe next year when I am a Florida resident!! :)

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
I can't WAIT to read this TR!!!!! ZOMG!!!! So excited because I'll (probably) make a cameo in it ;) haha

So I'm not quite sure I get it.... Did you like the little mermaid ride or something? Cause I couldn't tell!!! :D

I remember texting you on Christmas while watching the parade and I was so sad when you told me Philip Philips was kind of a jerk :( He's so adorable, you would think he would be nice. Especially since he's at DISNEY! How can you not be in the best possible mood ever at Disney! GEEZ!!! haha

POFQ is definitely on our list to try someday. It was going to be our resort for after the cruise but since we scored Bay Lake Tower, POFQ will have to wait. Maybe next year when I am a Florida resident!! :)

:D:D:D:D:D

Nah, I didn't like it too much ;)

I know, I guess he just has a strange personality? Who knows. I was sort of disappointed too. I have no idea how you couldn't be happy at Disney!

AND YOU BETTER TRY IT ONE DAY! haha :) Bay Lake Tower will be awesome though! We'll be right over the pond over at the Lodge...well thats the plan anyways. :)

Disney_Belle

Loved it! Sorry you had such a rough time at the airport, though! Jeesh! I can't wait for the next trip report :)

BTW, the Disney Outlet in Wrentham has Vinylmations, too :) They had some on clearance a few weeks ago for $3.00 each!

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
Loved it! Sorry you had such a rough time at the airport, though! Jeesh! I can't wait for the next trip report :)

BTW, the Disney Outlet in Wrentham has Vinylmations, too :) They had some on clearance a few weeks ago for $3.00 each!

Thanks Jess!!!! :) And ya they did..none of the ones I wanted! I'm picky when it comes to those vinylmations! lol

Such a fun trip! You're so lucky to have been on tv and for Disney!!!

Thanks! It definitely was! I couldn't believe I was there for the taping, let along getting on TV too!!!

Great job on you trip report! Love all your pictures!:cool:

Thanks Mom :)

WishIWasAtWDW

AHHHH! How did I miss this trip report?! :eek: I'm so glad I found it!

Wonderful report! It was nice to get a little Christmas in March. :D I love the shout out picture of your Mom popping out from behind the snowman! Super cute! You took some amazing pictures!! What I really want to know though, is how in the world did you hold on to your camera and Oswald on the roller coasters? My goodness, that is some talent, right there!

That's so cool that you were on TV for during the Christmas Parade! You had some great views of the taping. I wish we could have seen it but we left one day too early. I loved seeing all the stuff set up so it would have been cool to see it in action.

It was so great meeting you and your Mom! We absolutely need to take a picture next time. Thanks for sharing your report!

Mrs.Skellington

I was so looking for us in your photos Saturday at MK. Unfortunately we were not in any of them. We tried to stay away from Main Street because of the parade filming. And Christmas time at the World is so amazing. We loved every parks decorations.
I loved all your pictures. I am not the photographer in my family. That would be my oldest daughter who could not make this trip because of college classes. Most of my pictures were iphone pictures. One day I will break down and let her teach me. lol

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
AHHHH! How did I miss this trip report?! :eek: I'm so glad I found it!

Wonderful report! It was nice to get a little Christmas in March. :D I love the shout out picture of your Mom popping out from behind the snowman! Super cute! You took some amazing pictures!! What I really want to know though, is how in the world did you hold on to your camera and Oswald on the roller coasters? My goodness, that is some talent, right there!

That's so cool that you were on TV for during the Christmas Parade! You had some great views of the taping. I wish we could have seen it but we left one day too early. I loved seeing all the stuff set up so it would have been cool to see it in action.

It was so great meeting you and your Mom! We absolutely need to take a picture next time. Thanks for sharing your report!

I'm glad you found it tooo!!! And it was all done for you! :p

Thank you!!!! I'm glad I could give ya a little Christmas before Spring actually hit! And thank you for the kind comments on the pictures! And couldn't resist the shoutout there! :) After all you're famous for those pictures! And I have no idea how I did it! It did help to have the camera strap around my neck but I was holding on to both for dear life because I didn't want to lose them! I always used to take my stuffed animals with me everywhere when I was younger and made sure I never lost them, so I'm sure that instinct kicked in as well ;)

Yes we definitely need that picture next time!!!!! Looks like you're leaving the day we come in in May! (or are you just doing a cruise and no WDW?) And thanks for reading!

I was so looking for us in your photos Saturday at MK. Unfortunately we were not in any of them. We tried to stay away from Main Street because of the parade filming. And Christmas time at the World is so amazing. We loved every parks decorations.
I loved all your pictures. I am not the photographer in my family. That would be my oldest daughter who could not make this trip because of college classes. Most of my pictures were iphone pictures. One day I will break down and let her teach me. lol

Oh man! I can't believe we were both down there at the same time! (And Jessica didn't even tell us!) It was a little crazy on Main Street, but it was definitely an awesome experience. And you definitely need to get your daughter to show you some of the ropes for cameras! Just a point and shoot is always good enough too! They have some really nice ones out there!

Thanks for reading!!! :)

I picked up a few of the clearance ones after I saw you on Saturday. For $3 each, why not?! I'll buy some that I really like in May probably. May needs to get here, like now. :)

I KNOW. I can't wait until it's April next week so we can say we're going to Walt Disney World next month! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom