The Many Adventures of Oswald!-Holidays in the World 2012

Welcome to another @PartOfYourWorld trip report!!!!!! Sorry for the delay in my report, but I wanted to wait until we got our photopass pictures in to begin so HERE WE GOOOOO!

The Cast:
The usual me and my Disney loving mom @LuvsTheMouse! Here is a picture of us from our previous trip in September of 2012:
DSC09400.jpg

BUT WAIT!!! There was a new member joining us on this trip….OSWALD THE LUCKY RABBIT!
DSC09423.jpg

Oswald was very excited to take his very first trip to Walt Disney World and visit his ol pal Mickey Mouse!!!!!

The When and Where:
Sunday November 25th-Sunday December 2nd at Port Orleans French Quarter Resort

WARNING: This will be a picture infused trip report. I recently acquired a new camera before this trip; a CANON T4i Rebel and took over 1300 pictures so be prepared J

Sunday November 25th: Arrival Day, DTD, and DHS

We were up and at ‘em for a 930ish am flight departing to Endor…oh wait different trip…sunny Orlando, Florida!!!

Oswald was very anxious for his trip to begin!
DSC03833.jpg

Obligatory plane picture
DSC03835.jpg

Stow-aways for the trip (it was a little early for Oswald so he was taking a nap)
DSC09424.jpg

Passing the time away doing some coloring!
DSC03836.jpg

Looking out the window longing to land in Florida….
DSC09425.jpg

DSC03837.jpg

After what seemed like eternity our safe flight landed in MCO around 1230pm and my what a beautiful sight it was!

IMG_5451_zpsbdf07984.jpg

Can’t believe we’re here at DME again!
IMG_5453_zpsa6547b12.jpg

Port Orleans French Quarter here we come!
IMG_5454_zps6e9c3c7c.jpg

Why hello Disney Cruise Line bus!
IMG_5455_zps3aa8b2e5.jpg

IMG_5456_zps555e3f91.jpg

Oswald was ready to go!
IMG_5458_zps46524a26.jpg

Excited for this to begin!
IMG_5464_zps3c3c9da3.jpg

This was before we found out we were the second stop L
IMG_5460_zpseb13d387.jpg

In the Christmas spirit with Red and Green Painted nails!!! Oh hey and my beautiful engagement ring :D
IMG_5461_zps0c2d9789.jpg

*cue angels singing* IT’S THE SIGN!
IMG_5463_zpsff756f53.jpg

IMG_5464_zps3c3c9da3.jpg

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
Wednesday November 28-DHS and MK

Today was a very exciting day because we had a lunch that I was sooo looking forward to..Dine with an Imagineer at the Hollywood Brown Derby!!!!!

What a beautiful morning it was!
IMG_6300.jpg

IMG_6301.jpg

Oswald still was having trouble with this going to bed late and waking up early.
IMG_6302.jpg

Breakfast this morning was light, since we had a big lunch to look forward to. We shared a cinnamon roll and some yogurt!
IMG_6303.jpg

IMG_6304.jpg

When we got over to DHS it was mobbed once we finally got over there!!! We waited for a long time for a bus to come.
IMG_6305.jpg

Once they opened the gates, it seemed like everyone just dispersed because we stopped for some photopass pics and there was hardly anyone in them!
Photo0247FourBySix.jpg

Photo0249FourBySix.jpg

Photo0251FourBySix.jpg

After being the stars of Hollywood, we got those oh so coveted TSMM fastpasses! At a decent time too!
IMG_6306.jpg

We even hopped into Stand-by where we noticed Mr. Potato Head was behind curtains…I hope he’s okay!
IMG_6307.jpg

Oswald’s first 3D ride! He needed his glasses too!
DSC09594.jpg

IMG_6308.jpg

Bullseye was our buddy today!
IMG_6309.jpg

Of course I was the winner AGAIN. I ALWAYS dominate at this game!
IMG_6310.jpg

It was really cool to finally see something being done with the old Narnia show. We didn’t get to see it this trip because either it wasn’t open or the line was waaay too long for our liking.

IMG_6311.jpg

IMG_6312.jpg

We wandered around finally deciding I would take a spin on Star Tours.
IMG_6313.jpg

The one and only
IMG_6314.jpg

IMG_6315.jpg

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
IMG_6316.jpg

IMG_6317.jpg

IMG_6318.jpg

I apologize I don’t remember where I went, and I don’t have it written down. Chances are I didn’t even know where we were…sorry I know I don’t know my Star Wars.

We kept going to visit our friends over at Muppet Vision!
DSC09595.jpg

IMG_6319.jpg

Oswald ready for his second 3D ride/show of the day!
DSC09596.jpg

IMG_6320.jpg

DSC09601.jpg

DSC09602.jpg

Took a leaf out of @WishIWasAtWDW’s book peeking out behind something!
IMG_6321.jpg

It was time for our fastpasses at TSMM where I won…AGAIN. UNDEFEATED.
IMG_6322.jpg

It was almost the moment we were waiting for so we made our way over to the Hollywood Brown Derby to wait for our special meal!

Tower I see you peeking over there!
IMG_6323.jpg

IMG_6324.jpg

IMG_6325.jpg

It was around 11:30 and we got our own special pins with our names on it that resembled a cast members’. After the restaurant officially opened (the ceremony they do is so cute! They made a couple feel like a celebrity!! Loved it!) 10 of us were led into the Bamboo room towards the back of the restaurant. I never even knew that was there before. It’s a beautiful and intimate room. We each had our own menu with our name printed on it before us.

IMG_6905.jpg

IMG_6906.jpg

This menu explained our 4 course meal and what we had for choices. It also stated what Imagineer would be joining us. Today our Imagineer was Roberto Varela an Architectural Designer, CAD-Tech. We introduced ourselves to him and the rest of the group. Throughout the meal he told us how he became to be an Imagineer moving up the ranks and answered all of our questions (well most of them anyways…he wasn’t allowed to answer some J). For a more in depth review on Dine with an Imagineer check out my blog post on the Studios Central website! J I don’t have any pictures of the food we had I apologize I was waay to into the experience myself. For an entrée me and mom both chose the filet…it was really really good. Still does not beat LeCellier, but it gives it a run for its money definitely! For desert we both had the Crème Brulee (because I don’t like the Grapefruit Cake) and I really didn’t like the Crème Brulee either…I just don’t think I’m a fan of that in general. Yuck. But I’m pretty sure mom liked it.

At the end of the meal, he gave each of us a plate with his signature and favorite quote along with a personalized foldout with a group picture and a background of our Imagineer.
IMG_6904.jpg

IMG_6908.jpg

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
Me and Roberto.
IMG_6326.jpg

I couldn’t believe when we got out we had been there for 2 hours!!!! It was seriously one of the BEST things I have ever done in Disney World and I strongly recommend it if you haven’t done it before. I think I would actually do it a second time to see who I got. They mentioned that he would do it again in about 3 months or so, it’s a rotation they do.

After our awesome lunch we started making our way out of the park because we had a date with the dessert party at the Magic Kingdom!!!

But first we stopped to watch a little Citizens of Hollywood!!!

Yes I had to get a picture or two of my Beau Wrangler :::swoon::::
IMG_6327.jpg

IMG_6328.jpg

IMG_6329.jpg

See you later my dear Tower <3
IMG_6330.jpg

We took a little pit stop by the resort so we could drop off the plate at the room.
IMG_6331.jpg

Little friend on the bed!
IMG_6332.jpg

So beautiful here <3
IMG_6333.jpg

After dropping off our stuff we headed into the Magic Kingdom where the Christmas Parade decorations were in full swing for the weekend taping!
IMG_6334.jpg

IMG_6335.jpg

IMG_6336.jpg

So where did we go first????? THE LITTLE MERMAID OF COURSE!!!!
IMG_6337.jpg

This was ride number 5 of the trip!
IMG_6339.jpg

IMG_6340.jpg

IMG_6341.jpg

IMG_6343.jpg

IMG_6344.jpg

I tried to get different pictures this time. Lol
IMG_6345.jpg

IMG_6346.jpg

IMG_6347.jpg

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
We headed towards The Country Bears because I thought it was their Christmas show, but I forgot that they had gotten rid of that….but it still had been awhile since we saw it!
IMG_6348.jpg

Forgot how much I loved these guys!
IMG_6349.jpg

IMG_6350.jpg

Big Al!
IMG_6351.jpg

IMG_6352.jpg

After singing along, we still had some time before we needed to head over to the Dessert Party so we took a walk through the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House!

IMG_6353.jpg

IMG_6354.jpg

IMG_6355.jpg

We stopped by the hub to watch the Castle Dreamlights turn on!
IMG_6358.jpg

They definitely put on a cute little show
IMG_6359.jpg

IMG_6360.jpg

So beautiful
IMG_6361.jpg

Finally after what seemed like forever it was time for the dessert party! Here is our awesome view!
IMG_6362.jpg

Oswald is ready for some dessert!
IMG_6364.jpg

As you can see Oswald keeled over because he couldn’t believe how much dessert there was!
IMG_6366.jpg

Phew…he recovered and is happy now
IMG_6367.jpg

After filling ourselves silly with deserts we grabbed a spot along the railing for Celebrate You and the fireworks, It was a cold night tonight! But that didn’t stop Oswald from texting!
33fdc8b0-0f17-4ccb-9a17-2546fd1b2e40_zps0a984616.jpg

DSC09633.jpg

There were tons of duckies in the water! I guess they were getting ready for bed!
IMG_6370.jpg

Tink!
IMG_6372.jpg

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
Cue Fireworks photos!
IMG_6374.jpg

IMG_6375.jpg

IMG_6376.jpg

IMG_6377.jpg

IMG_6379.jpg

IMG_6381.jpg

IMG_6382.jpg

IMG_6383.jpg

We took a nice lil photo opp except I think it came out kinda faraway..
Photo0255FourBySix.jpg

IMG_6386.jpg

IMG_6388.jpg

Photo0257FourBySix.jpg

We waited for a while to let the crowd file out because it was MOBBED. They were letting people out backstage. We figured an hour later it would have been cleared out a bit…but we were very very wrong. We couldn’t even find the end of the line for the bus…people were yelling at each other saying they were cutting and all the lines were just mumbo jumbo. So instead of trying to fight our way through and figure out who was right who was wrong, we walked over to the Contemporary and took a bus to Downtown Disney!

IMG_6389.jpg

IMG_6390.jpg

IMG_6391.jpg

The bus came right away, and we stopped at the other resorts, but we didn’t mind. It was much better than waiting for a bus where we had no idea where the line started!

DTD Tree
IMG_6392.jpg

Santa’s Lil Village Tree
IMG_6393.jpg

Christmas in Trend-D!
IMG_6394.jpg

We headed over to the Boat Dock and enjoyed a lovely boat ride back despite the cold.
IMG_6395.jpg

We hit the sack, excited for our full day in EPCOT!!!!!

More coming up soon!!! :)

Cassie S.

Loving following along in Oswald's adventures! And what great character interactions. My family and I are going on our first trip in May and I hope to meet LOTS of characters.

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
Wow, Dine with an Imagineer does sound really great! I need to do that!
And I cracked up at Oswald an the desserts! Haha!

It really is you definitely need to try it at least once!!!!
haha he was a little overwhelmed by it all but he recovered ;)

Loving your trip report. Your photos are really wonderful. Can't wait for more!!

Thank you for reading! :) More coming soon!

Loving following along in Oswald's adventures! And what great character interactions. My family and I are going on our first trip in May and I hope to meet LOTS of characters.

Thanks for following along :) You guys are going to have a blast there is no doubt about that!! When in May are you going???? And no worries there are plenty of characters to meet!

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
Thursday November 29-EPCOT

Today we woke up excited because we were going to EPCOT to see Neil Patrick Harris in the Candlelight Processional with lunch at LeCellier!!!!

Oswald was finally getting the hang of this going to bed late getting up early thing!
IMG_6396.jpg

For breakfast we shared a bounty platter with an extra side of eggs.
IMG_6397.jpg

We took our time then hopped on a bus and made our way over to EPCOT!

Of course a photopass stop on the way in!
Photo0263FourBySix.jpg

Jess (@plaz10) these next series of photos is especially for you a little SSE Photoshoot if you will:

IMG_6398.jpg

IMG_6399.jpg

IMG_6400.jpg

IMG_6401.jpg

IMG_6402.jpg

IMG_6403.jpg

After my mini photoshoot, we headed towards Test Track to see if they were doing any soft openings yet…
IMG_6404.jpg

Unfortunately, a no go right now…we’ll check later in the day! But for now let’s take a picture then take a ride on Mission: SPACE.

IMG_6405.jpg

IMG_6406.jpg

Remind me not to go on M:S anymore. It had been a while since I’ve been on so I figured what the heck. I went on the green team. Now for those of you who know me I’m a huge rollercoaster thrill ride junkie. After I came off M:S I had a headache and was dizzy…again. Everytime I’ve ridden it’s give me a headache/made me feel dizzy…it’s the only thrill ride I ever have a problem with. I just don’t get it. Oh well.

We headed back towards the front of the park and took a nice relaxing spin on Spaceship Earth. I even tried my hand at a few pictures inside with my new camera!

IMG_6407.jpg

IMG_6408.jpg

IMG_6409.jpg

IMG_6410.jpg

IMG_6412.jpg

IMG_6413.jpg

IMG_6414.jpg

IMG_6415.jpg

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
IMG_6416.jpg

Here’s us in the future!
IMG_6417.jpg

IMG_6418.jpg

IMG_6419.jpg

IMG_6420.jpg

We took a walk back over to Test Track, but still nothing. There were a lot of CMs out so we decided to hang around for a bit, but nothing.
IMG_6421.jpg

IMG_6422.jpg

Now we started making our way over to World Showcase since it was opening!
IMG_6423.jpg

Love EPCOTs Christmas tree!
IMG_6424.jpg

IMG_6425.jpg

Close-Up!
IMG_6426.jpg

We took the first friendship boat out to Germany!
IMG_6427.jpg

IMG_6428.jpg

IMG_6429.jpg

Oswald was loving this ride!
DSC09641.jpg

IMG_6430.jpg

What a beautiful and miraculous Spaceship Earth
IMG_6431.jpg

Once we made it ashore we walked over to the American Pavillion to see if they had those special Passholder ornaments that we went looking for on Monday!

Beautiful Christmas decorations passing Italy
IMG_6432.jpg

This was one of the things I was looking forward to most this trip!
IMG_6433.jpg

While @LuvsTheMouse was checking out her ornament I found this cute little village
IMG_6434.jpg

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
And these wicked cute precious moment dolls!!! I wish I could have taken them all with me!!! But unfortunately they were super expensive!
IMG_6435.jpg

We kept making our way over to Canada with a stop in Japan!
IMG_6436.jpg

IMG_6437.jpg

IMG_6438.jpg

IMG_6439.jpg

It was finally time for lunch at my favorite restaurant EVER!
IMG_6440.jpg

IMG_6441.jpg

IMG_6442.jpg

We didn’t have to wait long until we were called in. We started off with some yummy drinks. A Virgin Strawberry Daquiri for me and a virgin Pina Colada for Mom…now don’t forget alcoholic drinks were not included in the Candlelight Processional package which we had…so we got the closest thing! J
IMG_6443.jpg

I LOVE this pretzel bread!!!!!!!!
IMG_6445.jpg

Next course was a lovely Cheddar Cheesey Bacon Soup for us!!!! Heaven in a bowl!!!
IMG_6444.jpg

While we were waiting for our meal, these two nice little old ladies sat at the table next to us. They were so cute, we struck up a conversation with them a few times during the meal and they were also on the Candlelight package. They were just too cute.

Now for the best melt in your mouth, I need it now food….FILET J and this time I tried it with the mashed potatoes and OMG. I didn’t think that dish could get any better…but it did!!! Mom also had the filet!
IMG_6446.jpg

For dessert (since the package came with choice of appetizer, entrée, and dessert) I had the cheesecake with fruit and mom tried the Pecan Chocolate Pie. Both were excellent, but the pecan chocolate thing was a bit too much for me (I’m not a huge chocolate dessert person). Mom loved it!
IMG_6447.jpg

When they gave us our check, they also gave us our wonderful early entry passes for the 5:00pm Candlelight Processional!!!
IMG_6448.jpg

One last look at the beautiful restaurant before we had to go…
IMG_6449.jpg

After lunch we heard cars going around on Test Track so we took a little walk over that way…but nothing again. We kept walking and made our way onto Living with the Land.
Which had some nice Christmas touches!
IMG_6451.jpg

IMG_6452.jpg

IMG_6453.jpg

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
We decided to start making our way back towards World Showcase since it was around 3ish. This whole time I was talking with Ashley (@WishIWasatWDW). Our days finally meshed right! Her and Wes came over and met us and we talked for a bit..and I’m so angry we forgot to get a picture of all of us!!!! Silly us! They were waiting in the Stand-by line for the 5:00pm show with their family. Upon hearing this, we made our way over just to see if there was already people in the package line. And sure enough there was and it was only 3:30!
IMG_6454.jpg

To pass by the time a bit I went and got a Grey Goose Limon Slush J
IMG_6455.jpg

Little duck peeking his head out!
IMG_6456.jpg

We got let in a little after 4:30 and sat right after the first gap for people to walk by. We sat next to a nice couple who were visiting from France. She was originally from Finland and he was originally from Germany and they were visiting WDW for a week and then NYC for a week. They were a little bit in front of us in line too. They were pretty excited to see my Oswald they love him but haven’t seen much of him! I was excited to have such a coveted plush! J

IMG_6458.jpg

Our View!
IMG_6459.jpg

IMG_6460.jpg

Voices of Liberty
IMG_6461.jpg

The choir
IMG_6464.jpg

Neil Patrick Harris!!!!!!!!
IMG_6465.jpg

IMG_6467.jpg

Close up!
DSC09652.jpg

IMG_6468.jpg

IMG_6469.jpg

IMG_6471.jpg

IMG_6472.jpg

DSC09657.jpg

IMG_6474.jpg

Before we knew it, it was all over and NPH was walking off stage. He was a beautiful narrator. I am so happy we were there when he was the special guest. Everything was just amazing about the Candlelight Processional and I cannot wait to go again at Christmas!

We made our way back around out by Mexico taking some pictures along the way.
IMG_6475.jpg

Beautiful Bushes along World Showcase
IMG_6476.jpg

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
IMG_6477.jpg

IMG_6478.jpg

IMG_6479.jpg

The tree was beautifully lit at night
IMG_6480.jpg

They even had a photopass photographer there!
Photo0269FourBySix.jpg

Alas, Test Track never opened…turns out it finally opened for soft openings two days later on Saturday and we never made it back to EPCOT…until May! J I cannot wait to try it out!
IMG_6481.jpg

Fountain of Nations beautiful!
IMG_6482.jpg

One last photoshoot of SSE. It’s just sooo BEAUTIFUL at night!
IMG_6483.jpg

IMG_6484.jpg

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
IMG_6485.jpg

IMG_6486.jpg

IMG_6487.jpg

IMG_6488.jpg

IMG_6489.jpg

IMG_6490.jpg

Photo0272FourBySix.jpg

Photo0273FourBySix.jpg

We headed back to Port Orleans a little early because we had a WDWToday Reunion 2012 meet to get to over at Riverside! When we were walking to our room there was a nice little horse and carriage ride going on, I thought that was so cute and I didn’t realize they went all the way to FQ from Riverside!
IMG_6491.jpg

Headed over to Riverside about 8pm and the tree there was so pretty!!
IMG_6492.jpg

It was so exciting to meet up with Matt from StudiosCentral! It’s great to have friends down in Florida. I also met a few other great people from the Reunion! So hello to everyone! Sorry I cannot remember all of your names! Yeehaw Bob was a good time as always and we had a few drinks. Matt also convinced me and my mom to do the Touring Plans DHS Scavenger Hunt early on Friday morning. So we left around 11 and hit the sack.

IMG_6493.jpg

IMG_6494.jpg

IMG_6495.jpg

Stay tuned to see how we did on the Scavenger Hunt!!!

Cassie S.

Thanks for following along :) You guys are going to have a blast there is no doubt about that!! When in May are you going???? And no worries there are plenty of characters to meet![/quote]

We are going the week before Memorial Day, 5/19-5/24. It will be me and my hubby, 6 yo DD and 4 yo DS. Soooo excited; it will be the kids' first time and my first time in 15 yrs!!
Check out PTR: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/posts/5342262/
:)

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
We are going the week before Memorial Day, 5/19-5/24. It will be me and my hubby, 6 yo DD and 4 yo DS. Soooo excited; it will be the kids' first time and my first time in 15 yrs!!
Check out PTR: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/posts/5342262/
:)

Awesome!!!!! :) You guys will have such a blast!!! Oh and I commented on your PTR :)

NPH in the Candlelight Processional and Le Cellier would be my perfect day too!
And you met Ashley! Yay! I always forget to take pictures when I meet up with someone too!

But I know we won't forget to take tons of pictures in September on the Cruise! :)

I love reading your trip report! Love your pictures too! :)

Thank you for following along!!!!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom