The "Hurry up and reopen the Adventurers Club Thread" per Lee's request.

Disney_Freak429

As much as I am waiting for picturers from last night I also have to wonder how likely it is they would open tonight also? For some reason I could easily seeing them do two nights in a row on a weekend for a test. But who knows my only hope is if that happens we can get word super quick so we can all get there to enjoy it.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
According to Disney operations AC was not publically open yesterday, nor is it scheduled to reopen today or at any other point to the public. Either it was a private event that somehow became public, or a drastic change of plan that hasnt been communicated to other parts of the company.

CaptainMichael

As much as I am waiting for picturers from last night I also have to wonder how likely it is they would open tonight also? For some reason I could easily seeing them do two nights in a row on a weekend for a test. But who knows my only hope is if that happens we can get word super quick so we can all get there to enjoy it.

If you get to go, have fun for me:(

Also, if anyone here is going, I would love a picture of a specific sign that I would like to recreate, there are two, one on each side of the bar in the Main Salon. They say something to the effect of "Kungaloosh Explorers, Remember only one drink per wristbanded person." I would really appreciate that, but I understand if that gets lost in the excitement of being in there again and breathing in that delicious AC air.

CaptainMichael

According to Disney operations AC was not publically open yesterday, nor is it scheduled to reopen today or at any other point to the public. Either it was a private event that somehow became public, or a drastic change of plan that hasnt been communicated to other parts of the company.

debbie-downer.jpg

Just kidding Steve, thanks for the info...I'm still holding out hope though...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
debbie-downer.jpg

Just kidding Steve, thanks for the info...I'm still holding out hope though...

Yep there is always hope while the building is still standing and especially when they are still running private events. It would be very easy to switch things back to regular operation. If we look into the past though, Disney very rarely, if ever, go back on a decision once it's public. They show no weakness and stand by their decisions, whether right or wrong. Hoping for all you serious AC fans that it returns!

NMBC1993

Well heres hoping...I'm still going to head down there tonight after work and check it out for myself. I've got my $2,000 and raccoon pelts ready just in case;)

Disney_Freak429

Yeah Steve this is what I figured but you never know. Michael, you know if I get word on any day it decides to reopen I would be more than happy to get a picture of the sign for you as my my #2 priority right after actually getting in then screaming really loud. ;)

CaptainMichael

Hoping for all you serious AC fans that it returns!
Thanks Steve:wave:

Well heres hoping...I'm still going to head down there tonight after work and check it out for myself. I've got my $2,000 and raccoon pelts ready just in case;)
Good luck!

Yeah Steve this is what I figured but you never know. Michael, you know if I get word on any day it decides to reopen I would be more than happy to get a picture of the sign for you as my my #2 priority right after actually getting in then screaming really loud. ;)

Hello guys, I am the guy from who was over at PI last night taking photos of the emptiness of PI. As I walked into PI entrance next to Planet Hollywood, I came to PI Live preforming videos and music for people to dance too. I then saw 2 cast-members standing near by directing people to continue to walk to the other side, I did to see what was going on. To my surprise I saw AC open, I was able to walk in to the entrance, after that a CM asked me if I was 21 or older, of course I am not, I am only 18. So I was not allowed in. I found out this morning that this was actually a private event but allowing people to enter to relax and have some fun. I am not sure if this was because of the crowds of the marathon, but in fact it was an event but allowing the public to go in as well. I just got back home, still unpacking, once everything is done, photos will be up on our site and on flickr. Thanks again guys!

Disney_Freak429

Thanks for the information Jose. I have to say even if this was a one time thing I missed out on I am beyond thriled people who may never have been able to see the AC saw it last night. This could spark even more letters & phone calls after they want to go back but can't. Heres to hopeing more private parties want to become public.

NMBC1993

Oh well...thanks for the update. Glad to see that some lucky people got to experience the club. I'll probably still head down there tonight to see if I'm as lucky.

BSikor

I get off work at 8. If anyone gets in please leave a comment here. I would love to come down and share a Kungaloosh with you. I miss the club so much.

I would love to check it out and see what all the hoopla is about.

CaptainMichael

Oh well, it was nice to be excited for almost a day. I'm still looking forward to pictures, and hopefully, people paying for the remaining events will keep letting lucky adventurers in.

I do believe this whole turn of events has rejuvenated my will to keep sending letters and emails.

If anyone has a picture of the sign I mentioned previously, please let me know.

CaptainMichael

So it's like... open?!?!? I'm confuzzled...

It's still open for private events that were scheduled before the club was closed. Disney at least did something right in this whole closing thing.

Last night, for some strange reason, Disney was allowing and INVITING (public) guests to go inside. Perhaps the people paying for the event were fans and wanted to invite guests in one last time. Maybe the event was already over and Disney wanted to gauge interest.

I'd really would like to know what spurred last night on...and if this has happened before but no one who would no anybetter was passing.

I'd also like to know what the special library shows consisted of.

I'm full of questions:(

royorb1

It's still open for private events that were scheduled before the club was closed. Disney at least did something right in this whole closing thing.

Last night, for some strange reason, Disney was allowing and INVITING (public) guests to go inside. Perhaps the people paying for the event were fans and wanted to invite guests in one last time. Maybe the event was already over and Disney wanted to gauge interest.

I'd really would like to know what spurred last night on...and if this has happened before but no one who would no anybetter was passing.

I'd also like to know what the special library shows consisted of.

I'm full of questions:(

Very interesting, maybe someone was listening!

WDW1974

Sounds like much foaming over nothing.

Disney has the club scheduled for private events at least thru mid-February from what I understand.

Somehow and for some reason, they 'reportedly' were letting 'anyone' in (of course, the reality is that perhaps a few strangers managed to get into a place they weren't supposed to be due to either a caring CM, who wanted to let them in on the fun, or just an uncaring/incompetent one that couldn't care less who waltzed in the doors ...)

They aren't changing any decision on closing this place.

This is almost as bad as folks claiming Horizons was reopening or being moved as the demolishment began.

Disney has already begun removing items from the club for transport to TDR and HKDL. The CMs have either been transferred or are no longer working for the Mouse.

I don't even know why I am typing this except I like TRUTH.

I loved the AC myself, but it's gone and it isn't coming back.

If Joe Rohde (amongst others) couldn't save it, then you really should understand it is futile and focus on what is still open at WDW that you love before The Mouse turns around and closes that!

Disney has the club scheduled for private events at least thru mid-February from what I understand.

This is true, private don't necessary mean close to the public, as was the case last night.

Somehow and for some reason, they 'reportedly' were letting 'anyone' in (of course, the reality is that perhaps a few strangers managed to get into a place they weren't supposed to be due to either a caring CM, who wanted to let them in on the fun, or just an uncaring/incompetent one that couldn't care less who waltzed in the doors ...)

They were in fact directing people to go to the West Side of PI to go into the AC, as I stated earlier.

Untrue, never say never.

Disney has already begun removing items from the club for transport to TDR and HKDL. The CMs have either been transferred or are no longer working for the Mouse.

Untrue again, this is in fact the only club in PI that has all the remaining items in it. I others can agree with me on that as some of the others have seen it. The CMs have been transferred to other attractions, doesn't mean anything or any hard work to bring them for a night or a party.

That's contradicting yourself.

BSikor

This is almost as bad as folks claiming Horizons was reopening or being moved as the demolishment began.

I loved the AC myself, but it's gone and it isn't coming back.

If Joe Rohde (amongst others) couldn't save it, then you really should understand it is futile and focus on what is still open at WDW that you love before The Mouse turns around and closes that!

So what you're saying is....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom