The "Hurry up and reopen the Adventurers Club Thread" per Lee's request.

FantasiaBish

Original Poster
Mourn?
Mourn?

Noooooo. Nope. Not gonna mourn. That would imply that I have lost hope.

I haven't.

Building is still there. Everything still works. All it needs is a signature on a piece of paper.

Let's start a "Hurry Up and Reopen the Adventurers Club!" thread. That's more like it.

Meanwhile, everyone get started writing letters. Handwritten and mailed, not email. According to a conversation I had with an AC CM that is the best move. One letter is considered a thousand guests. It has been working so far, and just needs to continue.

Mr. Robert Iger
Chief Executive Officer
The Walt Disney Company
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Mr. James A. Rasulo
Chairman
Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Al Weiss
President
Worldwide Operations
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
PO Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Meg Crofton
President
The Walt Disney World Resort
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

I just wonder now if there's more that he's not telling us... :zipit:

Lee

Adventurer
Nice!

And yes....there is almost always something I'm not telling...
:lookaroun

But in this case I sort of have. There is a chance here...not a huge one...but a real one.

FantasiaBish

Original Poster
The wife will be writing up our letters when she gets home from work... she's far more eloquent than I. We were there 3 times over the last week Sun, Wed, and Thurs... had to leave early Thursday and return home to the "real world" but we did pass a Disney Survey guy and he sent Jenn a link to fill out a survey about our day at DTD. She kept timing out during her essays. But every answer had something to say about the Adv Club. Everyone please get on the ball and get those letters written. Kungaloosh!

imamouse

We were also stopped by a survey taker while leaving DTD on Thurs night (9/25) and the tallest in our party was able to view the screen (our survey taker was not familiar with his equipment and we had to help him several times, so it was easy to 'peek' at the screen).

At the bottom of the screens, it said (and I'm paraphrasing): Lead guests away from answering positively about Pleasure Island :eek:.

Naturally, we mentioned PI and AC for every question asked (as much as possible). I doubt it will help, but we tried.

jt04

I read somewhere that there was to be an announcement about the "future of the club" before it closed. Does anyone have any information about that?:confused:

Lee

Adventurer
I read somewhere that there was to be an announcement about the "future of the club" before it closed. Does anyone have any information about that?:confused:

Likely nothing.
Marcel is taking the members adventuring for the next year. That's it.
The "year" part is interesting, though.....

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

Check the threads on what happened the last night. As I understand it, the radiothon failed to raise enough money, and thus the club had to close. Marcel returned and took the permanent members away on a year-long adventurers cruise.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Lee...

may I predict a massive 1 year rehab and rebranding followed by a huge marketing blitz?

Dude, I lost your phone number btw.

Maerj

We were also stopped by a survey taker while leaving DTD on Thurs night (9/25) and the tallest in our party was able to view the screen (our survey taker was not familiar with his equipment and we had to help him several times, so it was easy to 'peek' at the screen).

At the bottom of the screens, it said (and I'm paraphrasing): Lead guests away from answering positively about Pleasure Island :eek:.

Naturally, we mentioned PI and AC for every question asked (as much as possible). I doubt it will help, but we tried.

Lead guests away from answering positively about PI? Why even bother doing surveys if you don't want honest answers? Seems like a waste a time...

BUT writing in to save the Adventurer's Club isn't! I'll write and try to get a few others to do the same.

Donfan

I was only able to go in there once every three or four years, but loved the place and will be glad to see it return. Even my wife, who is not much of a club person, enjoyed going there and watching all the fun everyone else was having.

Lee

Adventurer
Lee...

may I predict a massive 1 year rehab and rebranding followed by a huge marketing blitz?

Dude, I lost your phone number btw.

Sir, you certainly may predict that. Please do.
Can't say it'll happen though. I wish.:D

Oh, phone number coming via PM.

daliseurat

I've taken many WDW surveys and they all seem to be done in order to get specific answers that they want, not true opinions. I always take them and frustrate the folks taking the surveys by mentioning everything they specifically don't ask.

SirGoofy

From now on my Jungle Cruises will include at least one AC reference.

Also since this thread was inspired by Lee:
Show trumps efficiency

Thurp

Lee, thank you for the nugget of hope. I'll add writing the letters to my to-do list for tomorrow, I'll also pass this along to a couple of my friends who are die-hard fans.

Thurp

Nice avatar David. :wave:

Lee inspired me :) His comment made my day and he is right, there is no reason to lose hope just yet, everything is still there.

Hopefully the crowds for the past few weeks can open the company's eyes that with some marketing, the club can generate plenty of revenue and high guest satisfaction scores.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom