The "Hurry up and reopen the Adventurers Club Thread" per Lee's request.

Coaster3001

If you get to go, have fun for me:(

Also, if anyone here is going, I would love a picture of a specific sign that I would like to recreate, there are two, one on each side of the bar in the Main Salon. They say something to the effect of "Kungaloosh Explorers, Remember only one drink per wristbanded person." I would really appreciate that, but I understand if that gets lost in the excitement of being in there again and breathing in that delicious AC air.

I did not get to go if it was open but I do have this photo.

IMG_4499-1.jpg

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
My imagineer from my Lunch w/an Imagineer back in December told me: "Until something is torn down, don't lose hope" :shrug:

markc

Disney has already begun removing items from the club for transport to TDR and HKDL. The CMs have either been transferred or are no longer working for the Mouse.

I don't even know why I am typing this except I like TRUTH.

I loved the AC myself, but it's gone and it isn't coming back.

I like the truth as well - but realize that nothing has been moved to TDR or HKDL nor is anything planned to.

NMBC1993

Stopped by Downtown Disney last night and AC was locked up tight. So I guess it was a one time thing. Also, I can't believe how dead Downtown Disney was in general, if it wasn't for the movie theater I don't think I'd ever need to go back.

goofyfan13

Stopped by Downtown Disney last night and AC was locked up tight. So I guess it was a one time thing. Also, I can't believe how dead Downtown Disney was in general, if it wasn't for the movie theater I don't think I'd ever need to go back.

Raglan Road, Ghirardelli, and Fuego are the only reasons I go back. I guess Wolfgang Puck Cafe once in a while as well.

WDW1974

I like the truth as well - but realize that nothing has been moved to TDR or HKDL nor is anything planned to.

That is not what I have heard (on the items being removed) but it is possible I misunderstood.

I know for a fact many of the items are going to be leaving, though. Some have been sold to OLC. I'm not sure why but I am guessing for TDS. I know others are going into the HKDL Haunted Mansion.

And I did speak to a CM pal who confirmed it was indeed a PRIVATE party with limited entertainment (and no, not the former crew) and that the general public was not welcomed in (or supposed to be).

Two others are scheduled for this month and no, I am not putting those dates out.

wilsonhanks

Lets change the petition to a move theclub to VirginMegaStore and turn it into an indoor theme park!!!! more characters, more stories, more crazy people!!!

CaptainMichael

My friend and fellow campus rep said that she got a Kungaloosh on January 5th at the Adventurers Cart outside of the Adventurers Club. May be worth checking out if you're in the area.

chaggy102

That's interesting because I work in Downtown Disney and pass the cart and Laffers each night hoping to grab one and haven't seen them...

71jason

Latest word is that the Club will NOT be torn down, but will remain standing (apparently "as-is") until at least October 1, to be used for private events.

Certainly doesn't mean it will re-open, but at least that remains a hypothetical option.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Latest word is that the Club will NOT be torn down, but will remain standing (apparently "as-is") until at least October 1, to be used for private events.

Certainly doesn't mean it will re-open, but at least that remains a hypothetical option.

That is interesting, if correct. A ray of hope, perhaps, if only a remarkably dim one. October 1 is al logical date for them to have planned ahead until, as that is the start of the next fiscal year for Disney.

CaptainMichael

So, if that were the case, I imagine that it would be within the realm of possiblity to schedule an event soon. Let's make it happen...perhaps for Con-Galoosh on September 27.

*not getting my hopes up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom