The "Hurry up and reopen the Adventurers Club Thread" per Lee's request.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yes, that would definately be a great story to send to management. Especially talking about how the whole family enjoys it.

So what do you guys think the best format is? I have nice handwriting. Would that be the way to go, to show that it took more time?
Handwritten is always the way to go. With nearly the entire population of the planet having access to email and so many people using this quick and anonymous form of communication to complain about every last little thing even a well written email tends to get lost in the din. Hand written letters are becoming increasingly rare and tend to carry more weight. As Lee put it "Every letter equals 1000 guests"

Dubman

My Adventurers Club story... Back in 2003 my wife and I took her parents to Disney... Due to the fact that we booked our trips at seperate times, we did not fly on the same airline or at the same times.. They ended up staying an additional day without us. That day we parted ways at the Rainforest Cafe and left my inlaws to fend for themselves. They had a few more drinks outside at the Rainforest and got talking to their waitress.. They asked her opinion of what they should do their last night and she pointed them to the Adventurers Club.. They took her advise and headed to the club. They had a great time!! I know this because when we got home that night, we received a phone call at 2:30am from them. Why you ask?? They were lost!! After many Kungalooshes and Mudslides they left the club headed in the wrong direction and ended up at a nearby golf course trying to ask a non-english speaking grounds keeper how to get back to their Hotel.. Obviously that went all bad, hence the phone call.. I could not for the life of me figure out where they were so I directed them to go towards the nearest lighted street where they were ultimately picked up by Disney security and given a ride back to their hotel.. Up until that trip we had been to Disney at least a dozen times and had never heard of the Adventurers Club, but sure heard plently when they got back.. Everything from a man at the bar that had a wallet that lit on fire when opened to watching other customers take unsuspecting rides up and down on the barstools that they themselves fell for.. So many different storys, and they talked about it for weeks, so naturally on our next trip we had to try it!! Ever since our first time there, it has been a must see on every trip.. Even after our son was born in 2006, we would still go for the free preview times(was usually from 7-9pm) and every time we went with him, the cast made him part of the show!! He was dubbed "Blake the Butcher" and made 3 trips there and was remembered each time!! The cast was absolutely amazing towards him!! We will miss the club dearly and on our upcoming trip tomorrow :) will be sure to stop by at some point and get some photos of our family in front of the club while the signs are still up.. I have some of our videos uploaded to google, and have many more on DVD so my son will get to see how fun it was in the future. Hopefully it will reopen soon and will be enjoyed for generations to come! After all "An Adventurers life is best!!!!" Kungaloosh!!

Coaster3001

So while walking by the club today they had something up that enraged me. The cart outside the club where they sold drinks was now a popcorn and smoothie stand. That's not even the worst part. The stand was called The Adventure Cart.:fork:

CaptainMichael

So while walking by the club today they had something up that enraged me. The cart outside the club where they sold drinks was now a popcorn and smoothie stand. That's not even the worst part. The stand was called The Adventure Cart.:fork:

Nothing more adventurous than a popcorn cart:brick:

walt

Stop annoying us with those threads

Dam if you people could stop annoying us with the adventures club discussions. Nothing you guys do or say will make disney change there minds. From a marketing point of view I completely agree with disney to shut down PI . It only attracted problems and drunks and the profits from PI weren't that great compared to the expenses. They will make way more money with shops and restaurants. Disney is family oriented go clubbing at universal from now on they are in the business to entertain older crowds and the clubs are great.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
troll-web.jpg

Mr.EPCOT

Dam if you people could stop annoying us with the adventures club discussions. Nothing you guys do or say will make disney change there minds. From a marketing point of view I completely agree with disney to shut down PI . It only attracted problems and drunks and the profits from PI weren't that great compared to the expenses. They will make way more money with shops and restaurants. Disney is family oriented go clubbing at universal from now on they are in the business to entertain older crowds and the clubs are great.

Well, luckily for you, you don't have to open up these threads and read them. Luckily for us, we are able to comprehend what is special about the Adventurers Club and the positive things that it can do for Disney that you are obviously are unable to.

KUNGALOOSH!!!

Lee

Adventurer
And with that one statement, you sir have lost the privledge of being referred to as "Walt". Shame, sir. Shame.
action-smiley-060.gif

walt

And with that one statement, you sir have lost the privledge of being referred to as "Walt". Shame, sir. Shame.
action-smiley-060.gif

Not really if you would know walt philosophy you would not say that check this, this is what walt said himself "Disney world will be a place where the parents and the children can have fun together" so you should really get to reading your history.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Not really if you would know walt philosophy you would not say that check this, this is what walt said himself "I want a place where the parents can have fun with there kids together" so you should really get to reading your history.
Well my kids sure did hate the AC and I never enjoyed having them with me there.:rolleyes:

PSDSCF6914.jpg

olmec26

Not really if you would know walt philosophy you would not say that check this, this is what walt said himself "I want a place where the parents can have fun with there kids together" so you should really get to reading your history.

We're talking about the Adventurer's Club here. Who doesn't have a good time there?

Additionally, if Walt wanted parents and kids to have fun everywhere, why would he have built Club 33?

hack2112

Not really if you would know walt philosophy you would not say that check this, this is what walt said himself "Disney world will be a place where the parents and the children can have fun together" so you should really get to reading your history.
Being a 16 year old, I've enjoyed the club ever since I found it last summer. I couldn't meet with one of my friends, but I recommended him to the club, and left me a note hidden there. The next night when I was there he led me to the clue via text (and a little help from Sugar Snap). Every trip up to WDW was not complete without an evening to the AC. The AC is what Disney is to me: fun, interactive entertainment with attention to detail and a quirky environment that cannot be found anywhere else. I can't say that WDW as a whole will lose business from me, but I will no longer spend my (parents') money at DTD anymore.

chaggy102

Uh huh....yep because there were never kids in the AC. So strange to walk through the downtown disney area and not see the AC in it's true glory, an absolute shame. Keep these letters coming.....

Oberon81

What's that? Trouble in Adventureland?! Quick to the ADVENTURE CART!*

:lookaroun

*not responsible for lame comic book hero jokes

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom