The "Hurry up and reopen the Adventurers Club Thread" per Lee's request.

Mr.EPCOT

How would they ruin it? As long as it is completely "original" I don't think there is much that could stop it. It would require all new characters and show elements and a decent capital investment to do right but there is money available for sound concepts.

I think you misunderstand, my friend thinks that Disney would ruin the Adventurers Club if they reopened it.

jt04

I think you misunderstand, my friend thinks that Disney would ruin the Adventurers Club if they reopened it.

You are right I don't understand. Do you mean if they reopen the original or reopen it at AK or one of the resorts? I have a feeling we have not seen the last of the club at WDW, it just won't be in DTD.

Mr.EPCOT

You are right I don't understand. Do you mean if they reopen the original or reopen it at AK or one of the resorts? I have a feeling we have not seen the last of the club at WDW, it just won't be in DTD.

No matter where it reopens, he thinks Disney will change it too much, like make it more family-friendly, more structured, etc, especially if they rebuild it somewhere else. He's just of the opinion that Disney doesn't have the creativity that they did back when they opened it, and that will greatly dilute the experience of the reopened Club. But I don't think that's the case, I hope we haven't seen the last of it either.

jt04

No matter where it reopens, he thinks Disney will change it too much, like make it more family-friendly, more structured, etc, especially if they rebuild it somewhere else. He's just of the opinion that Disney doesn't have the creativity that they did back when they opened it, and that will greatly dilute the experience of the reopened Club. But I don't think that's the case, I hope we haven't seen the last of it either.

Perhaps they will have one show version during the early evening (family dinner show) and a more mature show later in the evening to cater to adults. Either way I don't think they will bring it back unless they have a workable concept.

Mr.EPCOT

Perhaps they will have one show version during the early evening (family dinner show) and a more mature show later in the evening to cater to adults. Either way I don't think they will bring it back unless they have a workable concept.

Oh, I'm sure that whatever they do they think it will be an acceptable plan, my friend's fear is that it will just be too different from what is was before and lose what was special about it in the process.

Buried20KLeague

It seems like the more energetic members here might be better off pooling their efforts to create an AC-esque type club in Orlando. There is a built in fan base and downtown entertainment is making a comeback with several major projects underway. International Drive/Sand Lake Road might also be viable. Just a thought. Has anyone discussed this?

To do it right, you'd need MAJORLY deep pockets... Just think of the required theming alone. If you went with an adventurer theme (which I think you'd have to do to help ensure carry over of fanbase and success) you'd have to theme it similarly... By that I just mean you'd have to have tons of artifacts and everything else. You couldn't have stucco walls and some palm trees. That all costs a good amount of money. Tack that on to the R&D (because you'd have to have some variation, you couldn't just have another mask room, Coloniel, etc) and you're deep in the hole before you've even talked about a building, staffing, finding a cast and writing, directing, and rehearsing a show.

It would take a major company with seven figures available to do it right. I think it would be a hard sell to a bank. Especially in the next couple years with the economy.

To be realistic, either Disney's going to have to resurrect it, or someone like Universal would have to do it... It needs to be at a location like downtown Disney or CityWalk, where there's foot traffic in front of it, and where people might walk by and want to stop in for a drink and see what the place is about. I think a stand alone location not in a bar/restaurant central WALKING area would mean less chance for success.

Truthfully, I would think the easiest and fastest way to generate revenue would be to talk to Disney about buying the concept and building, etc. Then you've got location, you've got story, you've got characters, you've got infrastructure, you've got everything you need. Maybe you re-write some of the shows to make it new and fresh... Make advertising of the Club part of the deal with Disney, and you're probably off and running. The challenge with this solution though is that Disney's obviously done math on what they want that land to generate revenue wise. So the sale price of the whole package would have to be effected by that.

Trust me... I've thought about this. I own 3 companies in St. Louis, and hate it. Don't like the town, don't like cold weather. If it weren't for the Cardinals, I'd have nothing. :lol: But the wife and I talk about moving to FLA and Orlando all the time. But I don't know what I would do for work... Since the announcement though, this has been on my mind. I just don't know how realistic it could possibly be. Probably not too much. :( Family in the Loo here, etc...

Lee

Adventurer
Trick?
Oh, you mean if he weren't a real genie, right?
:lookaroun

In that case it would be accomplished by use of a mirror.

Craig & Lisa

The family and I came across the AC purely by acccident, we are members of DVC and we surprised our sons with a trip in Aug. of 2004. DVC was holding a summer party at the front of PI next to Motions, the party was great, and at the end we were told we could spend the rest of the night there for free. We started up towards the AC, it was very warm so we decided to walk in to cool off, well after that we fell in love with the place. Our sons 11 and 9 at the time also had a blast, and every time after when we visit they always asked when are we going there. A number of times they as well as I got into the act either in the library, or the main hall. My younger son also managed to get the woman who was playing permilia(?) at that time to break character, which afterwards she stated to Graves, maybe I should have him write my material. And one time got my wifes best friend chosen as the young, plucky but nieve fiance for the radio show which turned out to be the best. I because of surgery have plenty of time to write letters so I will be very busy for the next few days. I will be nice but to the point as to my family and I's great dissappointment with their decission to close the AC with everything else, in favor of more shopping and dinning??? :veryconfu

Mr.EPCOT

And those are exactly the types of stories that Disney needs to hear to make them realize that what the Adventurers Club is worth.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom