The "Hurry up and reopen the Adventurers Club Thread" per Lee's request.

Oberon81

Dam if you people could stop annoying us with the adventures club discussions. Nothing you guys do or say will make disney change there minds. From a marketing point of view I completely agree with disney to shut down PI . It only attracted problems and drunks and the profits from PI weren't that great compared to the expenses. They will make way more money with shops and restaurants. Disney is family oriented go clubbing at universal from now on they are in the business to entertain older crowds and the clubs are great.

Who's us?

I think it important, from a marketing point of view, that people voice their concerns on message boards such as these because you never know who might be watching. To add to that, these message boards give valuable information to those who know they can make a difference.

Yes, Disney IS family oriented. As a matter of fact I was in my early teens when my parents first exposed me to PI. I had a great time at AC, I met two really cute girls at that club who I explored Boardwalk with the next day. We, as a family, visited the Comedy Warehouse and the Rock and Roll beach Club. It was fun. I think you are assuming that families can't include teens and parents. If you have really young kids, perhaps Pi wasn't for you. It's all about common sense with parenting.

I agree with some of the other posters in this thread. If you don't like the threads, don't read them. You are not forced to read all the AC threads. I for one love them, because it reminds me of a really great time.

I thought Universal was in the business to make entertainment... not keep older people busy and last time I checked universal is still family friendly. I don't believe there is a sign that states "if you are under 21 go to Disney" at their front gates.

(edit-sorry about the double post)

Lee

Adventurer
... this is what walt said himself "Disney world will be a place where the parents and the children can have fun together" so you should really get to reading your history.

Ever notice how most of the people who pull out that quote have no idea what it means?:rolleyes:

Oh...just to be accurate, he was talking about Disneyland, not Disney World. In the 50s.

Coaster3001

IMG_4861.jpg

IMG_4862.jpg

Lee

Adventurer
I wonder...
If I sat on the front steps with a "Save the Adventurers Club" sign...would they make me move?

Yeah....probably.:rolleyes:

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I wonder...
If I sat on the front steps with a "Save the Adventurers Club" sign...would they make me move?

Sounds like a good meet. Actually, that isn't a bad idea. A bunch of us meeting on the steps of the club for a rally.

sillyspook13

Well my kids sure did hate the AC and I never enjoyed having them with me there.:rolleyes:

PSDSCF6914.jpg

I went for the first time at the age of four, when the club opened. I hated it so much that I couldn't go back (enough times since)...:rolleyes:

I was one of the original kids of Pleasure Island and I wound up just fine as an adult.:drevil:

Master Gracey

Not really if you would know walt philosophy you would not say that check this, this is what walt said himself "Disney world will be a place where the parents and the children can have fun together" so you should really get to reading your history.

Ever notice how most of the people who pull out that quote have no idea what it means?:rolleyes:

Oh...just to be accurate, he was talking about Disneyland, not Disney World. In the 50s.

Darn it Lee, you beat me to the punch! Besides, who is to say if Walt (Disney, not the poster) wouldn't have wanted a Pleasure Island style entertainment district in his vision of EPCOT (though It may have been a few WEDway People mover and monorail stops off the beaten path).

As for:

I wonder...

You might be able to get away with it if you purchase something from a nearby stand (I suggest Laffer's Cantina since they still have appropriately chilled Adult beverages as apposed to the bastardized Adventurers Club Juice Cart) so that you are patronizing the Island and not just loafing. Also you will have to share the Adventurers Club stairs with a Flamenco Guitarist who Disney seems to have stationed there (spotlight and all) to try to divert attention from the amazingly attractive (and almost haunting) building behind him. The sad thing I noticed is that it was almost like watching the guests at Disneyland between 1963 and 1969 who would stare at the gates of the Haunted Mansion and wonder what was inside, for no one was interested in the guitarist, but multiple groups of people walked past him and tried to get into the Adventurers Club! So let us hope that history is now repeating itself, let us stand and stare at the Club's facade, in large groups (perhaps with "Return our Adventurers Club" signs), and wait until it's doors open again and welcome us to Adventure!

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

Disney_Freak429

Gather a crowd of adventurers and sing club songs and hold a rhythm ritual.

I am so up for that I should be moved within 3 weeks so let me know I'll be there :D Its so sad to see them trying to distract people with a bit of music & a popcorn cart. Oh well at least we would have a place get a snack during a long day of "AC fans sing the songs of the AC" *has Celebration 25 flashback* :lookaroun

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I just got an email response from Guest Relations.

"Dear Mr. (unkadug),

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.

We recognize that the closing of the Adventurer's Club has disappointed
Guests who have come to enjoy the unique entertainment that has been
offered over the years. With that in mind, please know a tremendous
amount of thought went into the decision as we bring the new vision for
Downtown Disney to life. As we look to the future, we are excited about
the evolution that will occur over the next two years, introducing a
brand new mix of shopping, dining and other experiences for our Guests'
enjoyment.

Our Guests' feedback, as well as their continued enthusiasm for our
products and services, are very important to us. We genuinely
appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts with us.

Sincerely,

Walt Disney World Resort

/ww"​

Notice the "two years" remark?

Master Gracey

Is there really any point at trying to get the club reopened at this point.. It's likely gutted n the inside by now.

Actually, upon looking into the building, everyting is on the walls, and chairs are being moved back into the Main Salon! And as I posted on the "Save the Adventurers Club" thread, according to Dani on the "Save the Adventurers Club" Facebook group:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=17614776169
In other news, I was at Downtown Disney on Monday morning working on some nostalgic AdClub art when I was approached by two Disney Security CMs. They encouraged me to keep the petitions going and keep writing letters. I was also approached by a construction worker who's working on the large brown building next door to the Club and he spilled a few secrets about a tequilla bar going in there. Although unannounced and unconfirmed by Disney, it's going to be some sort of themed bar with a dancefloor called The Salty Rim. Hmmmm.

So, there is still hope to getting our Club back!

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

hardcard

I guess that does sound at least some-what promising.. I am sure that I would feel as passionately about the AC as you guys if I had ever gone to it... Just never got the chance.. Sounds very cool though..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom