The great "stroller" conspiracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
18 pages deep, and people are still saying stuff that was said 12 pages ago, and people are still thinking we are talking about them NEEDING a stroller. Do you people just read the first post then hit reply?

monkeysammich

18 pages deep, and people are still saying stuff that was said 12 pages ago, and people are still thinking we are talking about them NEEDING a stroller. Do you people just read the first post then hit reply?

Really its like any sort of internet argument... It will go in circles for a while, then someone will post something insightful and half the crowd will jump in to defend them and the other half will pull apart the post line by line until someone quits the forum (or declares they will) or we violate Godwin's law.

I'm sure people don't want to read through 17 pages of back and forth... they get to the 2 or 3rd page and decide to post their comments.

I just keep making the mistake of jumping up to defend the stroller crowed, even when I know they are making their argument off an incorrect assumption.

Nightsbane

Really its like any sort of internet argument... It will go in circles for a while, then someone will post something insightful and half the crowd will jump in to defend them and the other half will pull apart the post line by line until someone quits the forum (or declares they will) or we violate Godwin's law.

I'm sure people don't want to read through 17 pages of back and forth... they get to the 2 or 3rd page and decide to post their comments.

I just keep making the mistake of jumping up to defend the stroller crowed, even when I know they are making their argument off an incorrect assumption.

See when you said "really it's like" you should have started with "It's really like" because it's not a proper sentence.

Also I would like to note that having exactly half join both sides of the argument is impossible, there has to be a couple more on one side or the other.

I have no idea what this thread is about, but I read your post and thought I would respond. Based on your response I recommend you quit the forum since I have dissected your post and found it not worthy of stroller crowd support. Please leave your name tag and exit immediately or I will call security.

:lookaroun :animwink: :lol: :ROFLOL:

monkeysammich

See when you said "really it's like" you should have started with "It's really like" because it's not a proper sentence.

Also I would like to note that having exactly half join both sides of the argument is impossible, there has to be a couple more on one side or the other.

I have no idea what this thread is about, but I read your post and thought I would respond. Based on your response I recommend you quit the forum since I have dissected your post and found it not worthy of stroller crowd support. Please leave your name tag and exit immediately or I will call security.

:lookaroun :animwink: :lol: :ROFLOL:

... To the death, then? :p

westie

Please, it makes people feel better to vent. You don't want some mom holding it in all year then suddenly going postal on Main St. USA do you? If you need a stroller, kid leash, fat-cycles, use them. But, don't abuse the privelege, thats all. :shrug:

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Please, it makes people feel better to vent. You don't want some mom holding it in all year then suddenly going postal on Main St. USA do you? If you need a stroller, kid leash, fat-cycles, use them. But, don't abuse the privelege, thats all. :shrug:

I prefer to see someone go nuts. Esp on Main Street...it will be great because everyone will point, laugh, buy balloons, and swirly light thingys thinking its part of the show.

Lucky

Now you've turned a perfectly good toddler-hating thread into an attack on our hard-working mail carriers.

dznygirl64

Ok here is my two cents on the subject,If your kid is still young enough for a stroller ,your kid is two young to be in the parks.Also if you must go keep that big old thing out of the stores.I personally hate the power wheelchairs more than the strollers.Lazy fat people need to stay home and eat :eek:

cblodg

I prefer to see someone go nuts. Esp on Main Street...it will be great because everyone will point, laugh, buy balloons, and swirly light thingys thinking its part of the show.

:lol:

I have been reading this thing from the begining and when I read these two all I could do was nod in approval.

For the record, I'm part of the anti-stroller crowd. NOT for those that NEED them though. I can fully see a toddler or 3-4 year old needing one and I understand that. I could even see it for a 5 year old. But when you get into the 5+ range, it's time to stop.

My first trip to Disney my parents had my older sister (then a teen), me (9 at the time) and my little sister (4 at the time). No stroller, but we did use the writst band (we called it jewelery for her) and she was fine. There were not anywhere near as many strollers back then and now FL and most of the MK has turned into stroller city, so much so that we avoid FL all together.

We are taking a 20 month old in 2011. We plan to use an umbrella stroller. We also plan to not use a stroller ASAP. WHy? Because it seems like LESS hassle to not use a stroller. The less crap I have to lug about the better.

As been said countless times before in this thread, this kind of situation is not the problem.

Looks folks, a'' these 'get over it' comments are ridiculous. It's a discussion board and we're DISCUSSING.

Fact is I have no issues with people that have mobility issues, as long as they GENUINELY do. If there's a child with mobility issues then why not get them a wheelchair instead of squeezing them in to a stroller that's designed for pre-schoolers!

Figment632

As been said countless times before in this thread, this kind of situation is not the problem.

Looks folks, a'' these 'get over it' comments are ridiculous. It's a discussion board and we're DISCUSSING.

Fact is I have no issues with people that have mobility issues, as long as they GENUINELY do. If there's a child with mobility issues then why not get them a wheelchair instead of squeezing them in to a stroller that's designed for pre-schoolers!

$$$$$ people are cheap.

monkeysammich

My "get over it" comment was because the "discussion" was no longer civilized people discussing, it was a lot of talking down to others and arguing.

I'd like to hear a reasonable solution or compromise for the stroller problem, other than banning them altogether and how enforcement of said compromise would work.

My "get over it" comment was because the "discussion" was no longer civilized people discussing, it was a lot of talking down to others and arguing.

I'd like to hear a reasonable solution or compromise for the stroller problem, other than banning them altogether and how enforcement of said compromise would work.

I actually hadn't noticed that you'd said that, I was meaning in general terms.

monkeysammich

I actually hadn't noticed that you'd said that, I was meaning in general terms.

No worries. :)

As for a possible solution... I dont really think there is one. Seeing as it would come down to the offending parents claiming discrimination...

Maybe limiting the dimensions of a non-motorized wheeled vehicle, not including wheelchairs?

Another options is forcing people to only use disney strollers, no bringing mini-suvs to haul your kids around in?

Figment632

The only solution that I can think of besides banning them is only banning people bringing in strollers, only allowing rentals. A lot of people won't want to spend the money but I don't mid the strollers, it is a place for young children for crying out loud.

EpcoTim

Thats half the fun of going to Disney; taking bets on how many irate, foaming at the mouth, overloaded-stroller-pushers you can see. Its never a Disney vacation til you've seen a woman kick a garbage can and call it B*llsh*t because she ran into it 3 times with her stroller.

marr5

As for a possible solution... I dont really think there is one. Seeing as it would come down to the offending parents claiming discrimination...

Maybe limiting the dimensions of a non-motorized wheeled vehicle, not including wheelchairs?

Another options is forcing people to only use disney strollers, no bringing mini-suvs to haul your kids around in?

me and fellow cast members have been trying to come up with new ideas on how to deal with strollers because F-land has been getting worse over the years. most of the ideas were geared to make our lives easier with "Valet stroller parking", most of them we scraped though as it wasnt Disney enough. like themed parking spaces or rope so guests dont park strollers in a pile. but we have been trying to push management to at least put a disclamer that cast can "tow" your stroller to stroller parking or move your stroller at any time in stroller parking. I have been yelled at way to many times for organizing strollers in stroller parking to ease congestion.

Eyorefan

I see two sollutions to the problem.

1) Ban outside strollers for children over the age of 2 (If you use a ticket, you can't be in a stroller)

2) Make the rental strollers smaller. Part of the problem is the Disney strollers are SUV strollers that can fit a 10 year old, two coolers and some snacks. Shrink the strollers and you shrink the number of people who can use them.

Now where's my peace prize? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom