The Enchanted Tiki Room is coming to the Magic Kingdom!

Scuttle

No, that parrot has always been there since opening day of the Disneyland Version despite what "The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World by Susan Veness" says.

I was going to say, I thought I read something about it a while back. Thanks for the info

Spike-in-Berlin

No problem at all. Just get rid of the *&^^%&( carpets! :ROFLOL:

I really loathe this abominable "addition" and would love to see them fly away and never return, one of the worst imagineering mistakes ever, but a Tiki Garden in the center of Adventureland Plaza would be, although much better for the theming, cause the same congestions the Carpets are causing at the moment and would be difficult as a pre-show area.

RSoxNo1

I think the Carpets should be given the Disney Studios Paris treatment where it's meant to be like some sort of show set... at this point they can be relocated to Hollywood Studios. Unfortunately a direct drop into the Animation Courtyard doesn't seem to be possible from a space standpoint.

Spike-in-Berlin

BTW in anticipation of the return of the classic Tiki Room I founded a wdwmagic social group, the Enchanted Tiki Room Clubhouse and would appreciate if everyone who shares my enthusiasm about the return of this little gem would become a member too.

gerryu21220

Problem with the space. To build a Tiki Garden like the one in DL they would have to reorganize and partially demolish and rebuild the entire queueing area. There is not enough space in the present area to build a DL-style pre-show.

I just had a look at the area to refresh my memory. There's enough room there. Just tear out the that corral (and the roof over it) facing the tiki god waterfall thing and put Tongaroa there. Then sprinkle the remaining tiki gods around the perimeter, and add some screening around the outside. Instant Lanai.

Spike-in-Berlin

I just had a look at the area to refresh my memory. There's enough room there. Just tear out the that corral (and the roof over it) facing the tiki god waterfall thing and put Tongaroa there. Then sprinkle the remaining tiki gods around the perimeter, and add some screening around the outside. Instant Lanai.

I just checked it on bing maps, it's a really small area with no expansion possible and would be only possible on the expense of the queueing area and taking away the roof means take away any protection from the sun.

gerryu21220

I just checked it on bing maps, it's a really small area with no expansion possible and would be only possible on the expense of the queueing area and taking away the roof means take away any protection from the sun.

Well, the queuing area wouldn't be going away, just not have that corral making it like an amphitheater focusing everyone to that one side with the waterfall. They could leave the roof if need be, or use fabric sun shades over the area at a taller height. The square footage would still be about the same. Guests could mill about and focus their attention as each Tiki God starts doing its thing. Again, swapping out the waterfall for Tongaroa, since that is the tallest. The others could be up on rock formations around the perimeter so most guests can see them.

However, I know they won't bother doing any of that, but it sure would be better than the original Florida pre-show. Some people would walk out on it thinking that was the Tiki Room Show itself.

Spike-in-Berlin

Well, the queuing area wouldn't be going away, just not have that corral making it like an amphitheater focusing everyone to that one side with the waterfall. They could leave the roof if need be, or use fabric sun shades over the area at a taller height. The square footage would still be about the same. Guests could mill about and focus their attention as each Tiki God starts doing its thing. Again, swapping out the waterfall for Tongaroa, since that is the tallest. The others could be up on rock formations around the perimeter so most guests can see them.

However, I know they won't bother doing any of that, but it sure would be better than the original Florida pre-show. Some people would walk out on it thinking that was the Tiki Room Show itself.

You want to sacrifice the waterfall?

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

I suspect that we'll get a new pre-show that uses the railing/theater-style arrangement that is there now, although I prefer the Disneyland version with the talking and wobbling tiki gods. Just don't give us the 5-minute Dole comercial that runs in the Disneyland waiting area. That thing is annoying as all he**.

puntagordabob

. Just don't give us the 5-minute Dole comercial that runs in the Disneyland waiting area. That thing is annoying as all he**.

Unless Dole would like to sponsor our Tiki Room...then in which case I say their five minute commercial would be very welcome... and of course the Dole Whip concession stand would have to be "attatched" to our waiting area similar to the DLR one :)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I think this project will please most people. A bit of the old, newer and new. Old friends in and out. And a bit back to front to boot!

Jasonflz

I will admit that I will actually miss the Tiki Goddess. That animatronic was fairly impressive and did actually fit the theme of the show (not the tone though).

Any ideas on what effects will be implemented in the newer version?

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Unless Dole would like to sponsor our Tiki Room...then in which case I say their five minute commercial would be very welcome... and of course the Dole Whip concession stand would have to be "attatched" to our waiting area similar to the DLR one :)

Happy to have a Dole Whip stand in the waiting area, but spare me the commercial. Only the Test Track post-show is as blatant a "commercial in exchange for sponsorship" as that Dole thing.

I think this project will please most people. A bit of the old, newer and new. Old friends in and out. And a bit back to front to boot!

OK, I'll try to dissect, but I don't have any great guesses.

Old=Full Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room New = Tiki gods sequence (without the animatronic) from UNM (?)
Newer = Ok, something brand new that we haven't seen
Old friends in = Barker Bird? Rosita?
Old friends out = Zazu and Iago
Back to front = I have no clue.

Krack

Yeah - I have no clue what this statement is supposed to mean either...

Me neither, but it doesn't make me feel good about things. "They are returning the original show" or "They are installing the current DL version" would be so much easier to say, yet he chose not too. Not a good sign.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom