The Enchanted Tiki Room is coming to the Magic Kingdom!

Jakester

I heard somewhere where its probably going to be extended again.. so im not dead-set about a August Reopening.

*Decent credit to this

FutureWorld1982

I had the opportunity of taking a quick glimpse inside the building just a few days ago (they opened the exit doors, and I was seated in a bench in front of it), and I saw that they're still doing a lot of work! It didn't look like they were doing the final touches, but I do hiope they will finish the refurbishment before the end of August.

LudwigVonDrake

Yesterday morning I was in MK trying to do some last minutre rides before I had to head back to the Wilderness Lodge for the Magical Express bus to pick me up. I was walking from Pirates of the Caribbean and I walked around the construction walls that have been moved out by the turnstiles of the Tiki Room. As I walked past, four men (Imagineers? Disney execs?) were coming out of the exit to the Tiki Room. They had hard hats and reflective vests. They were walking toward the small shortcut that runs past Country Bears. I followed them since i wanted to go to the Haunted Mansion and I wanted to see where they were going. As we crossed the walkway I got up enough nerve to say, "Excuse me gentlemen, are you bringing back the original Tiki Room?" One of the men turned around, winked at me and said, "You won't be disappointed..." From there they unlocked the lock on the door on the construction wall to the shooting gallery and they went in.

I don't know if this confirms anything or is just old news but i thought I'd share :wave:

The Duck

Yesterday morning I was in MK trying to do some last minutre rides before I had to head back to the Wilderness Lodge for the Magical Express bus to pick me up. I was walking from Pirates of the Caribbean and I walked around the construction walls that have been moved out by the turnstiles of the Tiki Room. As I walked past, four men (Imagineers? Disney execs?) were coming out of the exit to the Tiki Room. They had hard hats and reflective vests. They were walking toward the small shortcut that runs past Country Bears. I followed them since i wanted to go to the Haunted Mansion and I wanted to see where they were going. As we crossed the walkway I got up enough nerve to say, "Excuse me gentlemen, are you bringing back the original Tiki Room?" One of the men turned around, winked at me and said, "You won't be disappointed..." From there they unlocked the lock on the door on the construction wall to the shooting gallery and they went in.

I don't know if this confirms anything or is just old news but i thought I'd share :wave:

Sounds good enough to me. I guess we'll all know in a few weeks (or so).

puntagordabob

Thanks for sharing.....

You should of said "If that is a Yes, then Thank You from my family and countless other familes!"

I plan to be there the first day its open (which will make it hard because I am afraid of a soft opening!) ...... Ill hop in my car and be there two hours (or less if I Race up there lol) later "Singing like the Birdies Sing".......

Thank You TDO for Giving Jose Back HIS Show!

gerryu21220

That doesn't really confirm anything, it merely says that the show "is already undergoing changes behind closed doors that will reshape the attraction into a version reminiscent of the original show", not that it will in fact be the original show. The problem with that statement is the use of the word "reminiscent". For all we know, it could be some entirely new show that is somewhat like the original with any number of variations. What it does actually confirm is that they are doing away with the Under New Management version, and that the title will now simply be "The Enchanted Tiki Room".

So far, most insiders have confirmed that it will be the same as the current, truncated version that Disneyland now has.

Quick question, do you think it may have soft openings? I am on holiday from Uk and will be there until the 15th when I get home. I hope they have soft openings I have never been on the original so I wish I get the chance to :D

Figment1986

:lookaroun so thats what they are doing with the old Iago... :lookaroun

aladdin2007

Quick question, do you think it may have soft openings? I am on holiday from Uk and will be there until the 15th when I get home. I hope they have soft openings I have never been on the original so I wish I get the chance to :D

Its possible, but there is more speculation now that its going to be pushed back even further.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom