The Enchanted Tiki Room is coming to the Magic Kingdom!

Spike-in-Berlin

I cannot imagine that bringing back barker bird (wow, 4 Bs in a row, a good acronym) would be any near of being expensive, the AA must still exist somewhere and all they have to do is refurb and reinstall.

BRING BACK BARKER BIRD! - Join the fight! :)

International Bring Back Barker Bird Board.

aladdin2007

As posted on miceage today:

Tiki Room News!!
We've just learned that the new Tiki room will indeed be the full original show minus Offenbach, which makes it akin to the show currently showing in Disneyland on the west coast. Also, the pre-show script reflects the original tropical serenade pre-show.

gerryu21220

As posted on miceage today:

Tiki Room News!!
We've just learned that the new Tiki room will indeed be the full original show minus Offenbach, which makes it akin to the show currently showing in Disneyland on the west coast. Also, the pre-show script reflects the original tropical serenade pre-show.

Pity. I never did like that pre-show. I wish they would do something more like the Disneyland Pre-Show.

Spike-in-Berlin

Pity. I never did like that pre-show. I wish they would do something more like the Disneyland Pre-Show.

Problem with the space. To build a Tiki Garden like the one in DL they would have to reorganize and partially demolish and rebuild the entire queueing area. There is not enough space in the present area to build a DL-style pre-show.
Perhaps we will get an improved pre-show with some interactive elements like at the HM.

FigmentJedi

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't they move the parrot inside the ride? I swear that's him with the pirate on the bridge.

That's a duplicate inside the ride. The barker parrot got moved to the World of Disney store. They also made an LCS version for the Pirates preview at Disneyland.

Figment82

Unless he returned very recently, the parrot was removed from World of Disney a while back (along with that entire fixture).

Spike-in-Berlin

What was/is Offenbach?

Offenbach, Jacques Offenbach was a french composer of German-Jewish birth, who lived in the 19h century and composed several famous operas and operettas and one of them, Hoffmanns Erzählungen, includes a track called Barcarole that was part of the original Enchanted Tiki Room show.

I have to admit that I am really glad about the removal, it never fitted into the Tiki theming of the room at all.

gerryu21220

Problem with the space. To build a Tiki Garden like the one in DL they would have to reorganize and partially demolish and rebuild the entire queueing area. There is not enough space in the present area to build a DL-style pre-show.
Perhaps we will get an improved pre-show with some interactive elements like at the HM.

Seems like they could pull off a smaller version of the DL pre-show. However, I really don't remember how the area is configured. It really needs some kind of pre-show to get the audience at least moderately excited about seeing a 48-year-old show, and I don't think the old one does that.

I hope if they do go interactive, it will not be anything like the mess at the HM. That was the one attraction in all the parks that should never have gone "interactive". It's horrid. Ruins the ambiance - the "aura of foreboding" that it's supposed to have.

HMF

I cannot imagine that bringing back barker bird (wow, 4 Bs in a row, a good acronym) would be any near of being expensive, the AA must still exist somewhere and all they have to do is refurb and reinstall.

BRING BACK BARKER BIRD! - Join the fight! :)

International Bring Back Barker Bird Board.

He was in Disneyland as a living character in the OST preview area a few months ago.

HMF

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't they move the parrot inside the ride? I swear that's him with the pirate on the bridge.

No, that parrot has always been there since opening day of the Disneyland Version despite what "The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World by Susan Veness" says.

Duckberg

To add a pre-Tiki thing like DL :confused:LOOK :eek: PLease just reopen the room with the revamped show. Just like to see what the REAL visitor interest is in this :cool:

The Duck

No problem at all. Just get rid of the *&^^%&( carpets! :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom