The Enchanted Tiki Room is coming to the Magic Kingdom!

puntagordabob

Today I have it on very good authority that the 'new show' is indeed the original show, or something very similar to it. :) I'm not sure about any interactive elements or physical parts of the show, but the script is looking verrrrry familiar as of right now.

Excellent news.... Sure hope a bunch of Tiki Room merchandise is released (not just pins and that sort of stuff!) and that Disney markets the heck out of this.....

Krack

Today I have it on very good authority that the 'new show' is indeed the original show, or something very similar to it. :) I'm not sure about any interactive elements or physical parts of the show, but the script is looking verrrrry familiar as of right now.

You made my day!

DisneyMusician2

The interactive queue is probably going to be thier definition of "new".

Hate to be one of the sheep, but I'm a big fan of these new interactive queues....I think that would be great.

Perhaps even some history on the Tiki Room would be great.

One thing is sure, the Tiki Room reopening is going to need some SERIOUS curb appeal to get people in that were used to the other show for the past decade.

aladdin2007

Hate to be one of the sheep, but I'm a big fan of these new interactive queues....I think that would be great.

Perhaps even some history on the Tiki Room would be great.

One thing is sure, the Tiki Room reopening is going to need some SERIOUS curb appeal to get people in that were used to the other show for the past decade.

I def agree there, it is going to have to have some nice new curb appeal and if the queue included history that would be fantastic. I just hope it remains as some kind of preshow in the queue and PLEASEEE no screen tv monitors overhead and everywhere!!!

Anyone know why the Under New Management sign is still out front? Really? It needs to go already!! Its like they are so proud of the show and hate to get rid of it.

acr123

I def agree there, it is going to have to have some nice new curb appeal and if the queue included history that would be fantastic. I just hope it remains as some kind of preshow in the queue and PLEASEEE no screen tv monitors overhead and everywhere!!!

Anyone know why the Under New Management sign is still out front? Really? It needs to go already!! Its like they are so proud of the show and hate to get rid of it.

Yea I figured the sign would come down right after the official announcement that the original show would be back.

Spike-in-Berlin

Excellent news.... Sure hope a bunch of Tiki Room merchandise is released (not just pins and that sort of stuff!) and that Disney markets the heck out of this.....

That would be great but considering that TDO was not very strong about attraction merchandising in the last years I would not expect to much.
However if they really bring out a lot of ne Tiki room merchandise I will purchase everything that's interesting for me.

Spike-in-Berlin

Right, instead the should bring back the Barker Bird as soon as possible. It was just as strong an integral sound element of Adventureland as the sound of cannons when you approached PotC.

"Aloha! I don't know what it means but I love the sound. Aloha! Come to the Tiki Room! Fly to the Tiki Room".

aladdin2007

Right, instead the should bring back the Barker Bird as soon as possible. It was just as strong an integral sound element of Adventureland as the sound of cannons when you approached PotC.

"Aloha! I don't know what it means but I love the sound. Aloha! Come to the Tiki Room! Fly to the Tiki Room".

I cant remember the last time I heard the cannon sounds, are they still doing this? I use to love that, but I dont remember hearing it last week. Would love to see the barker bird return, little extras like that is what makes Disney Disney, and theres very few left.

Spike-in-Berlin

I cant remember the last time I heard the cannon sounds, are they still doing this? I use to love that, but I dont remember hearing it last week. Would love to see the barker bird return, little extras like that is what makes Disney Disney, and theres very few left.

You are absolutely right and the cannon sounds seem to be one of that little extras that are gone. Can't remember to have heard them neither in 2007 nor 2010.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto

Wow. Even as a Tiki Room fanboy, I forgot how much I missed the barker bird until I read that quote. I guess I was too busy fuming at the desecration of Iago to think about something so small.

Was it ever clearly defined as to why they removed it? Maintenance issues with an outdoor AA? Noise pollution "runing" the Magic Carpet Ride?

Spike-in-Berlin

Wow. Even as a Tiki Room fanboy, I forgot how much I missed the barker bird until I read that quote. I guess I was too busy fuming at the desecration of Iago to think about something so small.

Was it ever clearly defined as to why they removed it? Maintenance issues with an outdoor AA? Noise pollution "runing" the Magic Carpet Ride?

I don't even know when he was removed. Perhaps they removed him when the "New Management" spoiled the place ? After all the Barker Bird and his monologue was a part of the Tiki-Style of the classic show and didn't fit into the definitely non-tiki-theming of the "New Management".

BTW the entire spiel of the Barker Bird is available as part of the Tiki Room compilation at mousebits.

gerryu21220

They removed the Barker Bird when the original show closed. He didn't fit in with that "Under New Management" craptacular. Hopefully, they'll bring him back.

aladdin2007

They removed the Barker Bird when the original show closed. He didn't fit in with that "Under New Management" craptacular. Hopefully, they'll bring him back.

I hope so too but the way the maintenance track is right now (check out splash mountain) they probably wont want to take care of it down the road.

HMF

another extra touch gone, i guess its considered lame today. sad.

He was part of Disneyland's "On Stranger Tides Preview Center" a few months ago as a "Living Character" (Think Potato Head) Also he fit's into the new "Interactive Queue" obsession TDO has, for better or for worse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom