The Enchanted Tiki Room is coming to the Magic Kingdom!

SeaCastle

I, for one, trust Martin's judgement. Perhaps the "back to front" comment was directed at the new queue/waiting area, which has yet to be seen by guests.

Spike-in-Berlin

Happy to have a Dole Whip stand in the waiting area, but spare me the commercial. Only the Test Track post-show is as blatant a "commercial in exchange for sponsorship" as that Dole thing.

Well that's how it works, that was already the case in DL in the 1950ies and 1960ies. I have no problem with commercials from sponsors as long as it brings us more rides and shows.

Krack

OK, I'll try to dissect, but I don't have any great guesses.

Old=Full Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room New = Tiki gods sequence (without the animatronic) from UNM (?)
Newer = Ok, something brand new that we haven't seen
Old friends in = Barker Bird? Rosita?
Old friends out = Zazu and Iago
Back to front = I have no clue.

A bit of the old, newer and new. Old friends in and out. And a bit back to front to boot!

Old = Old show
Newer = DL version
New = Orange Bird as host
Old friends In = Orange Bird
Old friends Out = Barker Bird
Back to Front = Barker Bird

puntagordabob

Well that's how it works, that was already the case in DL in the 1950ies and 1960ies. I have no problem with commercials from sponsors as long as it brings us more rides and shows.

Agreed!

A bit of the old, newer and new. Old friends in and out. And a bit back to front to boot!

Old = Old show
Newer = DL version
New = Orange Bird as host
Old friends In = Orange Bird
Old friends Out = Barker Bird
Back to Front = Barker Bird

If the version of the show is the DL version...then Jose is the host of the show... if you are suggesting that the Orange bird is the "host of the show" as part of the preshow queue, then that would be pretty cool.....

If they want to ADD to the Disneyland version (making it longer by adding an ADDITIONAL song) that would be pretty cool too...especially if they alternate THAT additional song with other alternate songs. The only Negative is if they were to REMOVE any of the DL version (IE: Tiki Room, Lets sing like the birdies sing, etc).

Krack

Agreed!
If the version of the show is the DL version...then Jose is the host of the show... if you are suggesting that the Orange bird is the "host of the show" as part of the preshow queue, then that would be pretty cool.....

Yes, that's what I meant. Something involving the Orange Bird prior to the show beginning, whether it's in the queue or inside the actual building.

Expo_Seeker40

Here's the only problem with the orange bird....he's not supposed to speak. He only thinks happy thoughts. Once in a blue moon there was an ad or artwork that suggested orange bird did talk, but the majority of media re: him has him never speaking. I wonder if that will change. Maybe we can now txt the orange bird and he'll chirp/tweet back comments.

aladdin2007

I haven't seen any pics posted of the attraction since the fire. Is there anything going on that is visible?

Just a wall around the front, the under management sign is still out there though. Someone a week or so so ago reported seeing covered animatronics backstage waiting to be moved to the Tiki Room.

PalisadesPkteer

What the heck, I'll give it a shot.

Bit of the Old = The original Tiki Room show

Newer = Newer version from DL

New = No fountain - or new fountain with Tiki Godess? Or interactive show que or show elements.

Old friends in and out = (IN) Jose and crew

(OUT) old pre-show or Orange Bird in Que

And a bit back to front = Barker Bird out front

Krack

What the heck, I'll give it a shot.

Bit of the Old = The original Tiki Room show

Newer = Newer version from DL

New = No fountain - or new fountain with Tiki Godess? Or interactive show que or show elements.

Old friends in and out = (IN) Jose and crew

(OUT) old pre-show or Orange Bird in Que

And a bit back to front = Barker Bird out front

That would be outstanding.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom