The Enchanted Tiki Room is coming to the Magic Kingdom!

Figments Friend

-

I am really happy to know this is actually happening...and it looks like i will be able to see the 'new' version of the show about a month after it's targeted opening date.

Although the 'Under New Managment' version grated on me somewhat after repeated multiple viewers, there were two aspects of it i really enjoyed.

1. - Zazu. He was a great, expressive AA. Anyone here actually just watch the entire show, just watching HIM?
I am serious...he was fasinating to watch through the course of the entire show.
Some of his 'rolling eyes of annoyance' gestures he made periodically during the segments where Iago goes off on a rant was hilarious. It made it seem he was a Park Purist too, and was just as annoyed as some fans were at what was going on! The way he would close his eyes and zone out during the Tiki Gods 'disco ball' moment was great too. Whoever animated him at WDI really knew what they were doing. Here is one animation/puppeteeting buff who noticed and sends kudos. Zazu will be missed!

2. - Iago's comments long after the audience has left the showroom. How many here actually stayed to the bitter end and heard ALL the comments? One of the very last comments he makes is how he is going to go and take a nap in 'The Hall Of Presidents'. :lol:

89e569ab.jpg

So 'UNM' was not all that horrible...it had a couple of nice moments.

Still so happy to hear the show is being changed though. Yay!

gerryu21220

Disney's web site lists it as August 15th.

Still? I thought it was postponed to the end of August or even later?

Not sure where you heard that. I was told by a former CM that it would be "August" (no specific date) long before it was officially announced. Inside the Magic reported that it would open in June (again, no specific date). Disney gave the specific date of August 15th, and that is their target opening date. Between the two, that gives us a window of anytime between now and August 15th to open. Who said it was delayed?

Buried20KLeague

2. - Iago's comments long after the audience has left the showroom. How many here actually stayed to the bitter end and heard ALL the comments? One of the very last comments he makes is how he is going to go and take a nap in 'The Hall Of Presidents'. :lol:

The Hall of Presidents line is actually one of the main ones that made me hate the attraction. It just didn't sit well with me that one attraction was making fun of another.

I pictured the folks in change of the Hall of Presidents as none too happy with it.

But then again, it might just be the "put off" mindset I was already at by that point. The Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room song had already been cut off... The classic songs replaced... The "gods had been angered"... And I was already sick of Iago's grating voice.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Not sure where you heard that. I was told by a former CM that it would be "August" (no specific date) long before it was officially announced. Inside the Magic reported that it would open in June (again, no specific date). Disney gave the specific date of August 15th, and that is their target opening date. Between the two, that gives us a window of anytime between now and August 15th to open. Who said it was delayed?

Here is a summary of all the reopening dates as they came around
http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/The-Enchanted-Tiki-Room-Under-New-Management/News.htm

Figments Friend

The Hall of Presidents line is actually one of the main ones that made me hate the attraction. It just didn't sit well with me that one attraction was making fun of another.

I pictured the folks in change of the Hall of Presidents as none too happy with it.

But then again, it might just be the "put off" mindset I was already at by that point. The Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room song had already been cut off... The classic songs replaced... The "gods had been angered"... And I was already sick of Iago's grating voice.

See, that just makes Iago all the less likeable...though when he made the comment the 'Hall' was not as entertaining as it is now post-redo IMO. I can understand someone being a little offended by it though, and yeah, knocking another attraction within a attraction is a bit low...but so was Iago! :lol:

I personally found it quite funny just because it was something you would never expect one of the characters to say. Along the lines of his '..real smart walking under a bird...good thing you are wearing a hat!' line post-show. He was a naughty character indeed.

I think we can all agree it is a good thing Iago 'flew the coop'. It was time for him to move on to other endeavours.....

aladdin2007

Its high time they quit using the Under New Management name, both on their site and the actual sign, its like they want to hang on to the awful thing.

spectrodanny

See, that just makes Iago all the less likeable...though when he made the comment the 'Hall' was not as entertaining as it is now post-redo IMO. I can understand someone being a little offended by it though, and yeah, knocking another attraction within a attraction is a bit low...but so was Iago! :lol:

I personally found it quite funny just because it was something you would never expect one of the characters to say. Along the lines of his '..real smart walking under a bird...good thing you are wearing a hat!' line post-show. He was a naughty character indeed.

I think we can all agree it is a good thing Iago 'flew the coop'. It was time for him to move on to other endeavours.....

Indeed. I am ecstatic that Florida is getting the REAL Tiki Room back (complete or edited really makes no difference. as long as there's no bird trying to crash the showq w/ pop music I consider it the REAL thing & i'm sure Wally Boag is looking down on the attraction tonight giving a thumbs up to it's return.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom