The Enchanted Tiki Room is coming to the Magic Kingdom!

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I think we are all a little confused due to completely contradicting rumors and informations.

Ok, I see where it might be confusing, I'm taking my own perspective in on this and letting it imply something that may not be there.

When I think of Fall vacations, I think of the Value season that happens just after most school kids head back to school. So late August, beginning of September.
I couple that with the August speak in the article and think sometime mid-to-late August and read it as fact.
Truth probably is that there is a little wiggle room in there, but I'd guess that by September it will most likely be open, barring any unexpected setbacks.

Spike-in-Berlin

Ok, I see where it might be confusing, I'm taking my own perspective in on this and letting it imply something that may not be there.

When I think of Fall vacations, I think of the Value season that happens just after most school kids head back to school. So late August, beginning of September.
I couple that with the August speak in the article and think sometime mid-to-late August and read it as fact.
Truth probably is that there is a little wiggle room in there, but I'd guess that by September it will most likely be open, barring any unexpected setbacks.

I really hope so. Perhaps some official announcement from Disney in the next weeks will finally confirm an official reopening date, perhaps even combined with some opening event.

baymenxpac

The article also quotes the last Disney press release, which says "In time for fall 2011 vacations," giving Disney some room to play with an August reopening date.....

putting on my public relations exec decoder glasses, my best guess would be soft opening in the middle of august with an eye towards having it open by labor day. if it gets pushed back by a few weeks, it'll still *technically* be ready when the calendar officially turns to fall.

and mind you, i'm very much rooting against that since i'm there from august 1-11. i was holding out hope to maybe catch it towards the end of my trip, but i'm going to expect the worst and hope for the best.

Spike-in-Berlin

putting on my public relations exec decoder glasses, my best guess would be soft opening in the middle of august with an eye towards having it open by labor day. if it gets pushed back by a few weeks, it'll still *technically* be ready when the calendar officially turns to fall.

and mind you, i'm very much rooting against that since i'm there from august 1-11. i was holding out hope to maybe catch it towards the end of my trip, but i'm going to expect the worst and hope for the best.

That would be really VERY bad luck! I know how sad you would feel about that and wish you good luck so you perhaps can experience the soft opening. If we go this year we will not go before a confirmed opening date during our planned trip.
I have waited for the return of the Tiki Room since they created that abomination called "New Management" and I will not go back before it's back.

gerryu21220

Well, it's still scheduled to reopen August 16th. Hopefully you can catch a soft opening beforehand while you're there!

baymenxpac

Well, it's still scheduled to reopen August 16th. Hopefully you can catch a soft opening beforehand while you're there!

here's to hoping!

on another note, does anyone have any ideas what they have planned for the queue? the article made a great point about the florida queue and how much it's lacking. i'd be interested to know if they're going to go full interactive on it (which i suspect they will) or if they'll go in a similar pre-show direction.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
here's to hoping!

on another note, does anyone have any ideas what they have planned for the queue? the article made a great point about the florida queue and how much it's lacking. i'd be interested to know if they're going to go full interactive on it (which i suspect they will) or if they'll go in a similar pre-show direction.

Somewhere (either in this thread or another), it had been mentioned that perhaps an interactive queue was in the works. But I haven't heard anything about it for some time.....:wave:

gerryu21220

If they do make it interactive, the show will come full circle from it's original concept of a restaurant with audioanimatronic birds interacting with guests at their tables.

Spike-in-Berlin

Problem with the queue is, there is not much space available for an expansion so if they change something they have to build it in the existing area.

puntagordabob

I still wonder if they will delay the opening to coincide with October 1st.....? Seems like it is going to be kind of close and all...would be a good marketing opportunity for them..... (and Ill be quietly making deals with any place that displays any of the advertising here to buy it later!

packwingfn

Walls are up blocking the entrance now. From what i've heard, they are changing the ramp up to the turnstyles because the previous rampway had so many ruts in it and just looked horribile. I'm sure they will change the turnstyles too because ever since the refurb, the birds have taken it over.

PolynesianStar

tiki room

Are there any new official informations about the reopening date of the Tiki Room. We don't want to schedule our trip to WDW before the room is reopened. :)

Neverland

Today I have it on very good authority that the 'new show' is indeed the original show, or something very similar to it. :) I'm not sure about any interactive elements or physical parts of the show, but the script is looking verrrrry familiar as of right now.

Admiral01

Premium Member
That is fantastic to hear. I just finished 2 days at Disneyland, and we took time to see the Tiki Room while we were there - first time in a long time that we got our Dole Pineapple Whip and waited for the show before our Indiana Jones fast passes became active. I forgot how much fun that show is.

NoChesterHester

Today I have it on very good authority that the 'new show' is indeed the original show, or something very similar to it. :) I'm not sure about any interactive elements or physical parts of the show, but the script is looking verrrrry familiar as of right now.

Both good and bad in my opinion. I really want to see the old show, I just hope there is some flair of "new" in there. It would be a shame not to take advantage of the opportunity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom