The Enchanted Tiki Room is coming to the Magic Kingdom!

MotherOfBirds

It'll be nice to see a Walt original not only be restored to its former glory, but also be one less attraction in the park with a specific franchise stamped on it.

Duckberg

Old Disney Tiki Room shirts go for a premium on collectors market.Tiki artist :sohappy: has done some really neat Disney theme shirts!

Spike-in-Berlin

Thanks for the link. So it will be not reopening before fall vacation 2011. When are fall vacations in the US?

Interesting were the speculations about a possible update for the queueing area. Of course they also have to change the pre-show anyways, bring back the original one possibly (and the barker bird?) but I saw what they have in DL and it really is much more interesting than our version. I hope they do that or a
next-gen queue area for the Tiki Room too.

Spike-in-Berlin

That's a pretty nebulous timeframe. One could say Columbus Day or Thanksgiving.....

Tell that my GF, she is absolutely enraged now because she already planned that we would go there in early September.

So if I get this right that could mean anything between second week of October and the third week of November?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Tell that my GF, she is absolutely enraged now because she already planned that we would go there in early September.

So if I get this right that could mean anything between second week of October and the third week of November?

It could possibly mean anywhere up to the last day of fall.....:shrug:

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Thanks for the link. So it will be not reopening before fall vacation 2011. When are fall vacations in the US?

I thought the title of the article was:
"Enchanted Tiki Room set to reopen in Magic Kingdom this August"

and the article itself said:
"We now know that date will be in August 2011."

I know it's not in the press release itself, but even the official blog said:

"The latest version of the attraction, which will be called Enchanted Tiki Room, will debut at Magic Kingdom Park later this summer"

I think that means it will be open in August sometime. Am I confused here? :shrug:

sublimesting

It could possibly mean anywhere up to the last day of fall.....:shrug:

Why is everyone ignoring the fact that the title of the article states that it will reopen in August of 2011? Am I reading something wrong....I see it says the fall in the article but that is vague and the month of August is not. To me, fall starts when September starts.

p.s. Didn't see the above post.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
The article also quotes the last Disney press release, which says "In time for fall 2011 vacations," giving Disney some room to play with an August reopening date.....

Spike-in-Berlin

I thought the title of the article was:
"Enchanted Tiki Room set to reopen in Magic Kingdom this August"

and the article itself said:
"We now know that date will be in August 2011."

I know it's not in the press release itself, but even the official blog said:

"The latest version of the attraction, which will be called Enchanted Tiki Room, will debut at Magic Kingdom Park later this summer"

I think that means it will be open in August sometime. Am I confused here? :shrug:

I think we are all a little confused due to completely contradicting rumors and informations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom