The "Dumbo or Die" Pre Trip report..

Hello all! Now that I have finally finished my TR from our August trip, AND I have managed to save the $$ we will need to book the next trip.. I'm starting a PTR!

So let's see.. first off..who we are..

here's 6 of the 7 of us that will be on this trip:

Myself~Alison..36 year old mother of 4, homeschooler and office manager by day and bartender at a night club by night.

My husband~Eric.. mold maker by day and a newly born Disney Fanatic!

My mother~ AKA Gigi... 60 something Disney nut like her daughter!

My oldest son Noah~17 ,.he turns into a 4 year old the moment he steps on Disney property.

My youngest 3 kids.. Declan 9, Jadziah 8 and Taejan 6..all VERY anxiously awaiting me saying "we are going BACK".. they went for the 1st time in August and not a day goes by that they don't say they want to go back!
Photo0208FourBySix-1.jpg

here's the oldest kiddo:
IMG_8488.jpg

This trip it will just be us. Last time we traveled with 20 people total.. 8 in just my group. This time there will be NO girlfriend( if your wondering why..read my last trip report..good reading!) and we are not traveling with our best friends. As much as I love them, and it was fine all being together..I am not doing it again.

When: well that's up in the air.. we are aiming for mid September. Being homeschoolers we are way more flexible than most. If we are very lucky and FD comes out then we are good for Mid September 2012..if not then March 2013 because I'll need more time to save for food..lol.

Now why the name of the PTR? Well see..we never did make it on Dumbo..my younger 3 kids will never forgive me I fear. Between the lines, the heat and the fact my daughter was not well on our last day in MK we just never managed to ride it. My oldest son LOVES to tell them that when we went he got the 1st ride of the day on Dumbo about 6 times.. thanks Noah!

The kids all want to stay at Pop Century again. I'm fine with that.. we need 2 rooms and values are the only way to go for that. I'd be fine with trying an All Star but am game for whatever!

I haven't called and made ressies..I'm waiting til March 1st in hopes of free dining coming out..if it doesn't then I will still make them and move them if need be!

awhit066

Just finished your previous TR. Great job! :) Can't wait to read about your up coming trip!

P.S. I also love the countdown board. Very creative!

Alison1975

Original Poster
77 days!! I can not believe how fast these last 3 months are going! I got some more pins for the kids and my disney box is growing!!

Alison1975

Original Poster
we made our final payment on the trip today.. a month ahead of schedule! We have 71 days untiil we leave, 73 until we are at the BW and 74 until our 10 night free dining package at POFQ begins! So very ready!!!

Now I think I need to start planning out our days... ahhh

PRNCSAurora

Yay for paying off the trip! It is so nice to have it all paid for prior to going. I have always tried to do that.
I love the countdown posterboard. Very creative!

Alison1975

Original Poster
Yay for paying off the trip! It is so nice to have it all paid for prior to going. I have always tried to do that.
I love the countdown posterboard. Very creative!
We have to have it paid before 45 days out because it's a package..its just nice to have done it even sooner!

disneyrcks

It will be here before you know it! Love the trip countdown :) We are staying at POFQ for the first time over Christmas. I am excited, we have heard great things!

Alison1975

Original Poster
Ok made some dinning changes.. cancelled T-Rex on the 21st at 4 and have Capt Jacks at 6:15..better time! And then cancelled Chef Mickeys ( not my fave place) on our last day at 11 for Crystal Palace at 3:15 ( another better time).. now trying to decide if we want to change 2:30 Yak n Yeti for 11am Tusker house on one of our AK days...help!

jmcdougall

Ok made some dinning changes.. cancelled T-Rex on the 21st at 4 and have Capt Jacks at 6:15..better time! And then cancelled Chef Mickeys ( not my fave place) on our last day at 11 for Crystal Palace at 3:15 ( another better time).. now trying to decide if we want to change 2:30 Yak n Yeti for 11am Tusker house on one of our AK days...help!

jmcdougall

Hi Alison. Love your trip report from last year and look forward to the next. I have not been to Capt Jacks but I read the reviews of restuarants on allearsnet.com and they seem pretty accurate. (we have been many times to disney in the past 20 years). If you check out that site Capt Jacks gets very bad reviews. Everyone is different but just wanted to give you a heads up. As a family of 5 who has to watch our budget I hate to waste money on a bad restuarant. We will be there 9/23-9/29. can't wait!!! janine

Alison1975

Original Poster
The people we went with last year went and they loved it..so I'm going by them..lol.. I'm willing to give it a shot :)

ParentsOf4

we made our final payment on the trip today.. a month ahead of schedule! We have 71 days untiil we leave, 73 until we are at the BW and 74 until our 10 night free dining package at POFQ begins! So very ready!!!

Now I think I need to start planning out our days... ahhh
So let's see if I correctly understand you plans:
  1. I thought you were flying on Southwest but you mention leaving 2 days before check in. Are you driving or doing something else with the 2 days? (Sorry if I missed this.)
  2. One night at the BWI. Are you going with 2 rooms? (Ouch, BWV is my home resort but I know it's big bucks!)
  3. 10 nights at POFQ with free dining! Are you still going with park hopper tickets? (We love park hopping. Only tried not park hopping one year when we stayed for 13 days. We all disliked not being able to visit 2 different parks in one day so we'll never do that again.)
  4. Traveling in September. What are the days again?
  5. Awesome that the trip is paid for! It seems so worth the money paying for it before the trip but I always feel guilty about a vacation if I pay for it after the trip.
  6. ADRs are all set.

Alison1975

Original Poster
So let's see if I correctly understand you plans:
  1. I thought you were flying on Southwest but you mention leaving 2 days before check in. Are you driving or doing something else with the 2 days? (Sorry if I missed this.) My eldest son and mother are flying.. the rest of us drive.
  2. One night at the BWI. Are you going with 2 rooms? (Ouch, BWV is my home resort but I know it's big bucks!) No because it's only 5 of us for that night..my mother and Noah don't arrive until the next day
  3. 10 nights at POFQ with free dining! Are you still going with park hopper tickets? (We love park hopping. Only tried not park hopping one year when we stayed for 13 days. We all disliked not being able to visit 2 different parks in one day so we'll never do that again.) As of now nope..we managed last year no hopping. With 3 younger kids I prefer to give them plenty of down time.
  4. Traveling in September. What are the days again? BWI Sept 16th, POFQ 17-27
  5. Awesome that the trip is paid for! It seems so worth the money paying for it before the trip but I always feel guilty about a vacation if I pay for it after the trip. We always pay before.. we have no credit cards so it's cash cash cash for everything.
  6. ADRs are all set. I just switched a few more of them. still trying to decide if I am keeping my Yak n Yeti one...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom