The "Dumbo or Die" Pre Trip report..

Hello all! Now that I have finally finished my TR from our August trip, AND I have managed to save the $$ we will need to book the next trip.. I'm starting a PTR!

So let's see.. first off..who we are..

here's 6 of the 7 of us that will be on this trip:

Myself~Alison..36 year old mother of 4, homeschooler and office manager by day and bartender at a night club by night.

My husband~Eric.. mold maker by day and a newly born Disney Fanatic!

My mother~ AKA Gigi... 60 something Disney nut like her daughter!

My oldest son Noah~17 ,.he turns into a 4 year old the moment he steps on Disney property.

My youngest 3 kids.. Declan 9, Jadziah 8 and Taejan 6..all VERY anxiously awaiting me saying "we are going BACK".. they went for the 1st time in August and not a day goes by that they don't say they want to go back!
Photo0208FourBySix-1.jpg

here's the oldest kiddo:
IMG_8488.jpg

This trip it will just be us. Last time we traveled with 20 people total.. 8 in just my group. This time there will be NO girlfriend( if your wondering why..read my last trip report..good reading!) and we are not traveling with our best friends. As much as I love them, and it was fine all being together..I am not doing it again.

When: well that's up in the air.. we are aiming for mid September. Being homeschoolers we are way more flexible than most. If we are very lucky and FD comes out then we are good for Mid September 2012..if not then March 2013 because I'll need more time to save for food..lol.

Now why the name of the PTR? Well see..we never did make it on Dumbo..my younger 3 kids will never forgive me I fear. Between the lines, the heat and the fact my daughter was not well on our last day in MK we just never managed to ride it. My oldest son LOVES to tell them that when we went he got the 1st ride of the day on Dumbo about 6 times.. thanks Noah!

The kids all want to stay at Pop Century again. I'm fine with that.. we need 2 rooms and values are the only way to go for that. I'd be fine with trying an All Star but am game for whatever!

I haven't called and made ressies..I'm waiting til March 1st in hopes of free dining coming out..if it doesn't then I will still make them and move them if need be!

Alison1975

Original Poster
So after all night and this morning rearranging, tweaking and stressing about dinning and what park what day I think I finally have it set!

Sept 14th/15th ~ Leave sometime between 10pm and 2 am

Sept 15th stay overnight south of FL border

Sept 16th..check in to BWI . Enjoy the pool and resort. Dinner at Kouzzina @ 6:45 pm.

Sept 17~ Noah and my mom fly at 6:30 and are due to arrive at MCO at 9:25. We will switch from BWI to POFQ and just hang around while we wait for them. Then once they are there and settled we will head off to MK. We have dinner at CRT @ 6:50pm

Sept 18th~ Hollywood Studios with lunch at 50's Prime Time @ 1:10pm

Sept 19th~ Epcot with Dinner at The Garden Grill @ 5:20pm

Sept 20th ~Animal Kingdom with dinner at Boma @ 6:15pm

Sept 21st~ breakfast at 1900 Park Fare @ 9:10am then whichever park we want

Sept 22nd ~ Epcot with lunch at Teppan Edo @ 1:00pm

Sept 23rd ~ Animal Kingdom with dinner at Cape May @ 5:00 pm

Sept 24th ~ Hollywood Studios no ADR's this day

Sept 25th ~ O'Hana Breakfast @ 7:30am then down time until MNSSHP at 4:00

Sept 26th ~ Magic Kingdom with a late lunch at The Crystal Palace @ 3:15pm then head back to POFQ to pack us up.

Sept 27th ~ Noah and My mom get picked up by Magical Express at 6:00am.. the rest of us will finish packing then head to one of the water parks for the day. After we are done we are driving 4.5 hours North to one of my best friends house.

Sept 28th and 29th hang in Georgia

Sept 30th ~ Take the 16 hour drive back home..

October 1st..unpack, recover and start planning the next trip. Hoping for a free dinning bounce back..LOL

BamaDisneyFan

I just love your reports. I read Ponchos and was thrilled with it. I am planning my next Disney trip for July 2013, and I am in the process of booking it as well as the ressies. I can't wait for my trip, I so miss Disney... keep of the posts.

Alison1975

Original Poster
I just love your reports. I read Ponchos and was thrilled with it. I am planning my next Disney trip for July 2013, and I am in the process of booking it as well as the ressies. I can't wait for my trip, I so miss Disney... keep of the posts.

Aww thank you!! and very cool! i think we are planning August next year. just a short 5 or 6 days though..

mickeysshoes

So I see I forgot to put the dates... Sept 17-27th 2012.. 195.5 days and counting.. only 15.5 days until ADR day!!

Hey there Alison....I have a new job and cant get on at work any more and no time at home so I am hadly ever on....and boy do i feel out of the loop. With new jobs for hubby and I the Christmas trip you see in my footer is a no go. Old DD is now a CP and currently work at PORS/FQ. She applied for an extenstion and got so will no be away from home until December. So the money we had saved for Dec trip hubby and are going down to be with her for the big 21!!! And guess what its the same time you will be there!!! How cool 2 years in a row we will be at in the world at the same time. Our trip is just a long weekend...but thats better than nothing!! Sept 20-24!!! Sorry I have not read all your post here...I will at some point. Happy planning and have a wonderful trip. I am sure it will be a whole new erperince being just you guys!!!!

Alison1975

Original Poster
Hey there Alison....I have a new job and cant get on at work any more and no time at home so I am hadly ever on....and boy do i feel out of the loop. With new jobs for hubby and I the Christmas trip you see in my footer is a no go. Old DD is now a CP and currently work at PORS/FQ. She applied for an extenstion and got so will no be away from home until December. So the money we had saved for Dec trip hubby and are going down to be with her for the big 21!!! And guess what its the same time you will be there!!! How cool 2 years in a row we will be at in the world at the same time. Our trip is just a long weekend...but thats better than nothing!! Sept 20-24!!! Sorry I have not read all your post here...I will at some point. Happy planning and have a wonderful trip. I am sure it will be a whole new erperince being just you guys!!!!

Hola! Wow lots of changes!!

Alison1975

Original Poster
Eh, and if not you know that everyone loves to watch a train wreck. It's why reality TV is so popular. ;)

LOL..well since the crazy ex-girlfriend won't be there I am truely hoping for almost no personal drama..I'm certain the youngest child of mine will still be his lovely self..add to it no stroller this year and he may be even "more fun"...LMAO

Alison1975

Original Poster
Called Disney and there are no appointments for all 3 kids at a time or day that works for us at Harmony.. i could kick myself for letting to go so long until I tried..oh well.. they will survive right?

Alison1975

Original Poster
Ok more changes..now we are at ASMu for a night before BWI..LMAO.. I'm an addict.

Packed our first aid kit..pretty sure we can contract almost anything and have the meds to fight it..lol
251906_10150987379486655_164670251_n.jpg

Alison1975

Original Poster
Declan had his oral surgery today.. he did great. so glad it's over now though. I have to say I am stuck..stuck in Disney-ville. I can do nothing but think about this trip. tomorrow I am packing the kids up to go to the lake for the day just so i can't be near a computer..LOL..

Alison1975

Original Poster
Can't wait to read the next TR! I hope Noah gets to enjoy this trip more. That chick was a piece of work.

Amen ! We have told him he's pretty much free except he MUST come to each meal ( except the 7:30am ressie..lol) and he must come to the MNSSHP.. other than that he can do what he wants!

Alison1975

Original Poster
So I just called and spoke to the best CM ever.. she was so super nice. I added a night to our Boardwalk leg of the trip. After much debate we just decided it would be best to have 2 nights at the same resort verses a 3rd resort and more moving around.

plaz10

What does she do at POFQ? We're staying in September as well. If I see her - I will be sure to NOT give her a hard time. I can only imagine the stories she probably comes home with.

BamaDisneyFan

You're doing a great job!!! Keep up the good work. When your friend finishes your art work for your new tatoo, will you post the pic? Would love to see it. Thanks again for the help earlier!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom