The "Dumbo or Die" Pre Trip report..

Hello all! Now that I have finally finished my TR from our August trip, AND I have managed to save the $$ we will need to book the next trip.. I'm starting a PTR!

So let's see.. first off..who we are..

here's 6 of the 7 of us that will be on this trip:

Myself~Alison..36 year old mother of 4, homeschooler and office manager by day and bartender at a night club by night.

My husband~Eric.. mold maker by day and a newly born Disney Fanatic!

My mother~ AKA Gigi... 60 something Disney nut like her daughter!

My oldest son Noah~17 ,.he turns into a 4 year old the moment he steps on Disney property.

My youngest 3 kids.. Declan 9, Jadziah 8 and Taejan 6..all VERY anxiously awaiting me saying "we are going BACK".. they went for the 1st time in August and not a day goes by that they don't say they want to go back!
Photo0208FourBySix-1.jpg

here's the oldest kiddo:
IMG_8488.jpg

This trip it will just be us. Last time we traveled with 20 people total.. 8 in just my group. This time there will be NO girlfriend( if your wondering why..read my last trip report..good reading!) and we are not traveling with our best friends. As much as I love them, and it was fine all being together..I am not doing it again.

When: well that's up in the air.. we are aiming for mid September. Being homeschoolers we are way more flexible than most. If we are very lucky and FD comes out then we are good for Mid September 2012..if not then March 2013 because I'll need more time to save for food..lol.

Now why the name of the PTR? Well see..we never did make it on Dumbo..my younger 3 kids will never forgive me I fear. Between the lines, the heat and the fact my daughter was not well on our last day in MK we just never managed to ride it. My oldest son LOVES to tell them that when we went he got the 1st ride of the day on Dumbo about 6 times.. thanks Noah!

The kids all want to stay at Pop Century again. I'm fine with that.. we need 2 rooms and values are the only way to go for that. I'd be fine with trying an All Star but am game for whatever!

I haven't called and made ressies..I'm waiting til March 1st in hopes of free dining coming out..if it doesn't then I will still make them and move them if need be!

gsrjedi

I read your previous trip report and you mentioned a lot of times in that about keeping the DSLR in hiding during the rain. You should check out these rainsleeves.

Rainsleeves - $6.50

They aren't expensive and seem to have lots of good reviews. I bought a set and took them on my last trip, but it didn't rain for us until the day we left & arrived at the airport, so I'm can't speak to how well they work.

Alison1975

Original Poster
I read your previous trip report and you mentioned a lot of times in that about keeping the DSLR in hiding during the rain. You should check out these rainsleeves.

Rainsleeves - $6.50

They aren't expensive and seem to have lots of good reviews. I bought a set and took them on my last trip, but it didn't rain for us until the day we left & arrived at the airport, so I'm can't speak to how well they work.

I shall check them out..thanks!

Alison1975

Original Poster
Ok.. i'm at 114 days ( 115 days until POFQ) and either tomorrow or Tuesday I am making our day before ressies. Trying to decide between AoA for one night or POR for one night... help...

Alison1975

Original Poster
We have def decided on POR.. makes most sense.. we plan to hop the boat to DtD then a bus to AoA and check it out while there. Staying at POR will make it easier to transition to POFQ also.

Alison1975

Original Poster
Our countdown board is so deceptive.. we have taken SOOO many squares off and so much is exposed but there is still so much to go. Of course I put 104 on it twice so that day will be exciting..LMAO

this is it today:
001-2.jpg

Alison1975

Original Poster
104 days!

We are down to 104 days..and guess what I just did..instead of a value ( 2 rooms) or POR..I booked the Boardwalk for our first night ( just the 5 of us). We ended up with a little extra money in the budget and we decided we want a nice relaxing chill day at a nice resort! I giddy!

Alison1975

Original Poster
not that anyone is reading..but I do NOT like this new format ..so not sure how many new updates I will be doing..

PartOfYourWorld

So happy that you were able to book a stay at the Boardwalk one night!!! Even though you don't really like the format (you can change the color background to be just like the old one!) I hope you still do a trip report. Would love to see pics and read all about your stay at the Boardwalk!

And the countdown post-it poster is coming along nicely! :) Half-empty already for the most part it looks

Alison1975

Original Poster
95 days and and I got our "disney box" and we are slowly adding things ( toothpaste,special clothes etc).. baseball,dance and recital are ALL over on Sunday.. then we have a few months "free".. then before you know it trip time!!

My kids go back to school tuesday ( summer light work).. we are ready and it will help the time go by faster!!

So ready..so very ready to get to Disney!!

Alison1975

Original Poster
Ok we are at 90 days. baseball,dance, recital ..are all done..and now I am actually in "it's coming to quick" mode.. I have 45 days to finish paying the trip off ( it's almost done so thats not actually a worry) and then the remaining time to save money to bring..that IS a worry.. trying not to though. I have so much to think about, plan and do in the next 88 days( which is when we leave)...ahhh

Alison1975

Original Poster
Well we've had a bump in the road.. trip is still on but there is a 99.9% chance Noah will not be joining us anymore. I'm a little disappointed but there isn't much I can do. I will know for certain in the next few weeks.

Alison1975

Original Poster
phew.. ok looks like it's all working out.. Noah should, unless something major happens, be with us on the trip! Thank GOD!

chrissyw14

I just read your August TR but saw that you were posting here so I thought it would be better to comment here!

I loved the TR, my bf and I were in WDW August 22- August 29, and the whole Irene thing was crazy! I chose to ignore the fact that Irene could hit Florida and that was clearly a good idk because it passed! My house in NJ wasn't bad, my family just lost internet, my bf's family's basement flooded. I must say I am almost disappointed I missed the earthquake! haha We were able to fly out on Monday okay- no delays.

Your kids are adorable! Noah also seems like a great guy! I was glad someone commented on your TR about Piff because I totally agree and I can't believe Noah wants nothing to do with her! I was glad for all the Noah relationship updates because I was dying to ask you if him and Kate are still together, do you like the girl hes with now?
I can't believe all of the drama Noah and Kate had this trip!

I love how Teajan brought Simba to EPCOT the next day! he reminded me of myself with my teddy bear when I was younger- too cute.
The yellow pin story was amazing! what a great idea!

I love your poster count down idea! We are going back in August again I cannot wait!

Alison1975

Original Poster
I just read your August TR but saw that you were posting here so I thought it would be better to comment here!

I loved the TR, my bf and I were in WDW August 22- August 29, and the whole Irene thing was crazy! I chose to ignore the fact that Irene could hit Florida and that was clearly a good idk because it passed! My house in NJ wasn't bad, my family just lost internet, my bf's family's basement flooded. I must say I am almost disappointed I missed the earthquake! haha We were able to fly out on Monday okay- no delays.

Your kids are adorable! Noah also seems like a great guy! I was glad someone commented on your TR about Piff because I totally agree and I can't believe Noah wants nothing to do with her! I was glad for all the Noah relationship updates because I was dying to ask you if him and Kate are still together, do you like the girl hes with now?
I can't believe all of the drama Noah and Kate had this trip!

I love how Teajan brought Simba to EPCOT the next day! he reminded me of myself with my teddy bear when I was younger- too cute.
The yellow pin story was amazing! what a great idea!

I love your poster count down idea! We are going back in August again I cannot wait!

Hee hee.. yeah It was rather weird to think about Irene.

he's With Piff now.. 5 months and counting!!

Welcome to the pre- Trip Report!!

Alison1975

Original Poster
Ok so I just realized than 3 months from right now I will be packing up to head home the next morning.whaaa

olinecoach61

Our countdown board is so deceptive.. we have taken SOOO many squares off and so much is exposed but there is still so much to go. Of course I put 104 on it twice so that day will be exciting..LMAO

this is it today:
001-2.jpg
That's an awesome countdown board! I'm gonna steal this idea for our next trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom