The "Dumbo or Die" Pre Trip report..

Hello all! Now that I have finally finished my TR from our August trip, AND I have managed to save the $$ we will need to book the next trip.. I'm starting a PTR!

So let's see.. first off..who we are..

here's 6 of the 7 of us that will be on this trip:

Myself~Alison..36 year old mother of 4, homeschooler and office manager by day and bartender at a night club by night.

My husband~Eric.. mold maker by day and a newly born Disney Fanatic!

My mother~ AKA Gigi... 60 something Disney nut like her daughter!

My oldest son Noah~17 ,.he turns into a 4 year old the moment he steps on Disney property.

My youngest 3 kids.. Declan 9, Jadziah 8 and Taejan 6..all VERY anxiously awaiting me saying "we are going BACK".. they went for the 1st time in August and not a day goes by that they don't say they want to go back!
Photo0208FourBySix-1.jpg

here's the oldest kiddo:
IMG_8488.jpg

This trip it will just be us. Last time we traveled with 20 people total.. 8 in just my group. This time there will be NO girlfriend( if your wondering why..read my last trip report..good reading!) and we are not traveling with our best friends. As much as I love them, and it was fine all being together..I am not doing it again.

When: well that's up in the air.. we are aiming for mid September. Being homeschoolers we are way more flexible than most. If we are very lucky and FD comes out then we are good for Mid September 2012..if not then March 2013 because I'll need more time to save for food..lol.

Now why the name of the PTR? Well see..we never did make it on Dumbo..my younger 3 kids will never forgive me I fear. Between the lines, the heat and the fact my daughter was not well on our last day in MK we just never managed to ride it. My oldest son LOVES to tell them that when we went he got the 1st ride of the day on Dumbo about 6 times.. thanks Noah!

The kids all want to stay at Pop Century again. I'm fine with that.. we need 2 rooms and values are the only way to go for that. I'd be fine with trying an All Star but am game for whatever!

I haven't called and made ressies..I'm waiting til March 1st in hopes of free dining coming out..if it doesn't then I will still make them and move them if need be!

Alison1975

Original Poster
487158_461846850506810_1861646084_n.jpg

Yep.. I'ma be a grandmother ( although I am entirely too young for that word).. I so can't wait to bring this baby to Disney..even though it's other grandparents will prolly get the first trip with him.

disneyrcks

Oh my goodness!!!! Congratulations! The first thing I saw when I checked back in on your PTR was the sonogram with Epiphani's name on top and I was confused lol! Then I read further, is this the good news you wrote about in your other TR? How wonderful for you all! I can't believe how tiny that baby is!!! Congratualtions again!

My stepmom is only 40, so now that my hubby and I are thinking of starting a family, she is thinking about a word for grandma that sounds a little more modern :)

Alison1975

Original Poster
Oh my goodness!!!! Congratulations! The first thing I saw when I checked back in on your PTR was the sonogram with Epiphani's name on top and I was confused lol! Then I read further, is this the good news you wrote about in your other TR? How wonderful for you all! I can't believe how tiny that baby is!!! Congratualtions again!

My stepmom is only 40, so now that my hubby and I are thinking of starting a family, she is thinking about a word for grandma that sounds a little more modern :)

Yep.. I'm still slightly in shock..and won't lie..this is NOT the path I was hoping for my kid, and its not the time frame for this adventure I was praying for..but it is what it is...kwim

disneyrcks

I am sure it was a shock to everyone and will include challenges for your son, but it sounds like they both come from good families and will land on their feet. There will be much joy when that lil Disney fan arrives! Congrats again!

Alison1975

Original Poster
I am sure it was a shock to everyone and will include challenges for your son, but it sounds like they both come from good families and will land on their feet. There will be much joy when that lil Disney fan arrives! Congrats again!

Thats my hope :)

Alison1975

Original Poster
Just got back from an almost 3 mile walk with Taejan ( and Ziah).. Taejan will NOT have a stroller this year and he def needed some work on his stamina. I am proud to say he walked the whole thing ( up hills and down some too) without a single issue!!

Alison1975

Original Poster
So i'm bored..I should be cleaning, or something like that. Instead I decided to run some numbers.

Our trip ( 2 rooms at POFQ water view) 10 nights, 10 day MYW base tickets, 7 people ( 5 "adults" 2 children) was a grad total of $6119.73. Had we taken advantage of a room only discount ( not avail for POFQ so I based this on CBR standard) it would have been $5377.17.

So "Free dining" is costing us $742.56 in "lost discount".. that amounts to $10.61 a day per person. So for 10.61 a day per person we will each each 1 sit down meal, one snack and one counter service.. approx $50-75 worth .. ha ha.. so dining isn't FREE but it is certainly rather cheap!

Alison1975

Original Poster
50 days til we leave.. ( or sooner).. I just paid off my moms last bit of the ressie ( she paid for her own flight and park tickets only..).. because I needed it paid off..lol.. I also added early bird to both of their flights. what to do for the next 50 days??

maryszhi

i love the title of this and i love the pix of your family. have an amazing trip, and i too turn into a kid at heart when i am at Disney.

maryszhi

50 days til we leave.. ( or sooner).. I just paid off my moms last bit of the ressie ( she paid for her own flight and park tickets only..).. because I needed it paid off..lol.. I also added early bird to both of their flights. what to do for the next 50 days??
i love early flight because they = more park time :)

Alison1975

Original Poster
ever think..hum... are we going to fit in at a Deluxe resort..well after reading a very long thread on the BWI ..I sure am!

popcenturylover

487158_461846850506810_1861646084_n.jpg

Yep.. I'ma be a grandmother ( although I am entirely too young for that word).. I so can't wait to bring this baby to Disney..even though it's other grandparents will prolly get the first trip with him.
Congrats! I also am going to be a grandmother (at 38) and feel that I am wayyyyyyy too young but, it is what it is. I also can't wait to take him to WDW!!!
Yep.. I'm still slightly in shock..and won't lie..this is NOT the path I was hoping for my kid, and its not the time frame for this adventure I was praying for..but it is what it is...kwim
I also am in shock!My daughter just finished her 1st year of college and I was hoping that she would finish school before having kids or getting married. I was the same age as her when I got pregnant and felt that I was way too young and was hoping that she would be alot older. Like I said it is what it is and we will make the best of it!

Alison1975

Original Poster
Congrats! I also am going to be a grandmother (at 38) and feel that I am wayyyyyyy too young but, it is what it is. I also can't wait to take him to WDW!!!

I also am in shock!My daughter just finished her 1st year of college and I was hoping that she would finish school before having kids or getting married. I was the same age as her when I got pregnant and felt that I was way too young and was hoping that she would be alot older. Like I said it is what it is and we will make the best of it!

Yep I will be 37 when this baby is born. I was only slightly older than they are when I had my oldest.. it's not what I wanted for them but it is what it is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom