The "Dumbo or Die" Pre Trip report..

Hello all! Now that I have finally finished my TR from our August trip, AND I have managed to save the $$ we will need to book the next trip.. I'm starting a PTR!

So let's see.. first off..who we are..

here's 6 of the 7 of us that will be on this trip:

Myself~Alison..36 year old mother of 4, homeschooler and office manager by day and bartender at a night club by night.

My husband~Eric.. mold maker by day and a newly born Disney Fanatic!

My mother~ AKA Gigi... 60 something Disney nut like her daughter!

My oldest son Noah~17 ,.he turns into a 4 year old the moment he steps on Disney property.

My youngest 3 kids.. Declan 9, Jadziah 8 and Taejan 6..all VERY anxiously awaiting me saying "we are going BACK".. they went for the 1st time in August and not a day goes by that they don't say they want to go back!
Photo0208FourBySix-1.jpg

here's the oldest kiddo:
IMG_8488.jpg

This trip it will just be us. Last time we traveled with 20 people total.. 8 in just my group. This time there will be NO girlfriend( if your wondering why..read my last trip report..good reading!) and we are not traveling with our best friends. As much as I love them, and it was fine all being together..I am not doing it again.

When: well that's up in the air.. we are aiming for mid September. Being homeschoolers we are way more flexible than most. If we are very lucky and FD comes out then we are good for Mid September 2012..if not then March 2013 because I'll need more time to save for food..lol.

Now why the name of the PTR? Well see..we never did make it on Dumbo..my younger 3 kids will never forgive me I fear. Between the lines, the heat and the fact my daughter was not well on our last day in MK we just never managed to ride it. My oldest son LOVES to tell them that when we went he got the 1st ride of the day on Dumbo about 6 times.. thanks Noah!

The kids all want to stay at Pop Century again. I'm fine with that.. we need 2 rooms and values are the only way to go for that. I'd be fine with trying an All Star but am game for whatever!

I haven't called and made ressies..I'm waiting til March 1st in hopes of free dining coming out..if it doesn't then I will still make them and move them if need be!

Britt

Hello for WDW!! Just saying a quick HI as we sit in the room while it's pouring rain ( surprise). We arrived yesterday at 8am, got a room at the Double Tree in DTD..they got us right in ( no ressie!).. stayed until this morning, checked into BWI at 8:30 and our room was READY!! We got a little lost finding it but we did and it's gorgeous. We have a 1st floor room not far from the quiet pool. We have been exploring all day. Waiting for the rain to stop then we will be taking the kids to the big pool.
EEEEEEK! SO GLAD YOU'RE THERE!!!!

Have fun, despite the rain! :D

ratherbeinwdw

Hello for WDW!! Just saying a quick HI as we sit in the room while it's pouring rain ( surprise). We arrived yesterday at 8am, got a room at the Double Tree in DTD..they got us right in ( no ressie!).. stayed until this morning, checked into BWI at 8:30 and our room was READY!! We got a little lost finding it but we did and it's gorgeous. We have a 1st floor room not far from the quiet pool. We have been exploring all day. Waiting for the rain to stop then we will be taking the kids to the big pool.
We'll be down late on Wednesday. We're going to start out at early hours at MK on Thursday. If you guys are going to be at MK on Thurday, I hope we see you there. We'll probably head to Epcot around lunch. We're doing AK for early hours on Friday, then going back to MK in the afternoon to be there for MMSSHP. We're doing HS early hours Saturday and back to Epcot late afternoon for dinner at Rose & Crowne. Not sure where we'll end up on Sunday.
Maybe we'll run into each other at least once. By the way, my name is Barbara.

Alison1975

Original Poster
So, maybe we'll cross paths on Friday at MK or Saturday at Epcot.
I know you're having a great time. I can't wait to get there which is crazy since we were there in May and June.

so far we are..I am MORE than ready to hit the parks though now. We've had a great time enjoying the resort and such..but I need to see Mickey Mouse!..well one that isn't stuffed.. this is me at the Community House at The Boardwalk:
229866_10151105633186655_210989162_a.jpg

and the kids at AoA yesterday:
564687_10151104221456655_1171449551_n.jpg

Tinkerbella16

moved to POFQ today.. both rooms were ready at 8:20 this morning..love love love it here!

Awesome! Glad you are having a great time so far! What building did they put you in at POFQ? And how are the crowds at the resort? Just trying to see what I am in for when I arrive in a few days. I am sure its not as crowded as some people have said!

Alison1975

Original Poster
Awesome! Glad you are having a great time so far! What building did they put you in at POFQ? And how are the crowds at the resort? Just trying to see what I am in for when I arrive in a few days. I am sure its not as crowded as some people have said!
building 5.. you can tell us because we have decorated windows..LOL>.. we are a 1 min walk to the pool, the laundry, the food court etc.. I love this place. it's not crowded but so far the parks have been ( in my view).. MK was very busy yesterday as was HS today.. the storm hit us there though.. DTD has been pretty busy.. hoping epcot not too bad tomorrow!

DisneyDebNJ

so far we are..I am MORE than ready to hit the parks though now. We've had a great time enjoying the resort and such..but I need to see Mickey Mouse!..well one that isn't stuffed.. this is me at the Community House at The Boardwalk:
229866_10151105633186655_210989162_a.jpg

and the kids at AoA yesterday:
564687_10151104221456655_1171449551_n.jpg
Wooohooo you're there!!!! Have a WONDERFUL time!!!! And I sure hope you see Mickey soon!!!

Alison1975

Original Poster
sigh..Taejan fell and ripped his heal all apart last night ( on the stairs at the water slide).. he can not wear shoes and walk.. guess it's stroller rental time..grr.. i was LOVING not having a stroller to deal with too...sigh.

Alison1975

Original Poster
sad to say my 7 year old has pushed me over the edge this trip..he was so good the first few days ,it hasn't been a trip of meltdowns like last year but his lack of self control has made it so we will NOT be booking the bounce-back..the thought of another vacation with him makes me cringe..

minnielaw

I am so sorry Alison! I hate to hear that your trip is anything less than perfect. Just try to stay calm and tough it out...can your mom watch the kids for a while and give you some alone time? Maybe just you and your husband go out for a while?

Hang in there! Hope it gets better! We will be down in 5 days!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom