The "Dumbo or Die" Pre Trip report..

Hello all! Now that I have finally finished my TR from our August trip, AND I have managed to save the $$ we will need to book the next trip.. I'm starting a PTR!

So let's see.. first off..who we are..

here's 6 of the 7 of us that will be on this trip:

Myself~Alison..36 year old mother of 4, homeschooler and office manager by day and bartender at a night club by night.

My husband~Eric.. mold maker by day and a newly born Disney Fanatic!

My mother~ AKA Gigi... 60 something Disney nut like her daughter!

My oldest son Noah~17 ,.he turns into a 4 year old the moment he steps on Disney property.

My youngest 3 kids.. Declan 9, Jadziah 8 and Taejan 6..all VERY anxiously awaiting me saying "we are going BACK".. they went for the 1st time in August and not a day goes by that they don't say they want to go back!
Photo0208FourBySix-1.jpg

here's the oldest kiddo:
IMG_8488.jpg

This trip it will just be us. Last time we traveled with 20 people total.. 8 in just my group. This time there will be NO girlfriend( if your wondering why..read my last trip report..good reading!) and we are not traveling with our best friends. As much as I love them, and it was fine all being together..I am not doing it again.

When: well that's up in the air.. we are aiming for mid September. Being homeschoolers we are way more flexible than most. If we are very lucky and FD comes out then we are good for Mid September 2012..if not then March 2013 because I'll need more time to save for food..lol.

Now why the name of the PTR? Well see..we never did make it on Dumbo..my younger 3 kids will never forgive me I fear. Between the lines, the heat and the fact my daughter was not well on our last day in MK we just never managed to ride it. My oldest son LOVES to tell them that when we went he got the 1st ride of the day on Dumbo about 6 times.. thanks Noah!

The kids all want to stay at Pop Century again. I'm fine with that.. we need 2 rooms and values are the only way to go for that. I'd be fine with trying an All Star but am game for whatever!

I haven't called and made ressies..I'm waiting til March 1st in hopes of free dining coming out..if it doesn't then I will still make them and move them if need be!

mickeysshoes

The time will go by so fast... with summer coming and all the sports they do....time will fly by!!!! Dont know if you have seen any posts by me...but oldest DD is now in the CP and is working at POR doing the kids program...pool side, campfire and movies on the lawn. (she really loves it) So youngest DD and are going down to see her (IN 8 DAYS!!!! :sohappy:). So I changed our resort over to POR so we could see her while she was working. She called to apply her CM discount and we are not staying in one of the ROYAL rooms with a river view. I am excited...and ready for a break from life!! Sad that DH is not coming with but once I get there I will get over it!!! :lol:

Alison1975

Original Poster
The time will go by so fast... with summer coming and all the sports they do....time will fly by!!!! Dont know if you have seen any posts by me...but oldest DD is now in the CP and is working at POR doing the kids program...pool side, campfire and movies on the lawn. (she really loves it) So youngest DD and are going down to see her (IN 8 DAYS!!!! :sohappy:). So I changed our resort over to POR so we could see her while she was working. She called to apply her CM discount and we are not staying in one of the ROYAL rooms with a river view. I am excited...and ready for a break from life!! Sad that DH is not coming with but once I get there I will get over it!!! :lol:

wow very cool..and yes..time is starting to fly!!

Alison1975

Original Poster
145 days...

Noah is on his way back from Michigan. the last almost 3 weeks have flown. I am very sad to say it appears the new girlfriend is almost as crazy as the last. The time apart was FULL of drama.. he didn't check in, he asked how her day was, he doesnt have a life plan, he this that and the other thing.. nothing but drama.. sigh... teens are unique!

we are at 145 days..I have 100 days to come up with the rest of the money for this trip.AHHH... I can do this..I pray!

I also realized that if we leave as planned my kids will miss 3 weeks of soccer games..so now instead of 2am we will leave after their last game..somewhere around 12pm. this def complicates things but they can't miss that much time it's not fair to the teams.

I just started the programs for our dance studios annual recital.. that alone takes me over 40 hours to do.. on top of everything else.. I may go a little nutso in the next 3 weeks..well a little more!

Alison1975

Original Poster
Here's what the countdown chart looks like now.. and of course you can see Declan with SHORT hair.. no being called a princess this trip!

001-1.jpg

Alison1975

Original Poster
136 days to go!

we are now 136 days out.. I'm getting nervous..lol

I started buy $25 disney gift cards with each paycheck.. so the kids will have their spending money quick now..

Noah got a JOB.. working 20-30 hours a week at a local nursery.. he loves it. My good friends parents own it. But believe me he didnt' get the job cus of that. They simply adore him and the work he is doing. He and happy girl are back together.. oh my.. so staying out of that drama!

Baseball is in full swing.. betwen games, scrimmages and practices we are at some ball field 5 days a week.. often the kids games overlap and or are in totally different states/towns so it makes it even more interesting.. oh and to top it off Declan is trying out for All Stars!

017.jpg

This also happens to be the busy time of the year for my day job.. recital is only 6 weeks away..so much work to do in that time!!

So Disney planning isn't top on my list in any way shape or form!

Alison1975

Original Poster

I can't believe we are THIS close to under 100 days.. it's incredible. I'm slowly entering that useless stage of trip planning.. I am thinking, dreaming and talking about Disney much too much..lol.

plaz10

I know what you mean by the "useless" planning stages.
I am going down during similar times in Sept. and I can't stop thinking about what snacks I want to try or where else I want to eat. I made a list of all the places I want to try - for our 8 day trip - and it's like 15. Hahaha. And who even knows if I'll be hungry for those things or not? But it's still fun..

Cant wait

Alison1975

Original Poster
I know what you mean by the "useless" planning stages.
I am going down during similar times in Sept. and I can't stop thinking about what snacks I want to try or where else I want to eat. I made a list of all the places I want to try - for our 8 day trip - and it's like 15. Hahaha. And who even knows if I'll be hungry for those things or not? But it's still fun..

Cant wait

Yep..I'm trying hard to ignore my need to plan Disney because I have so much more on my plate for the next 5 weeks.. I need to at least get thru that..LOL

Alison1975

Original Poster

We are getting so close to double digits!! I am ecstatic!! I have bought over 100 Disney pins on Ebay for the kids to trade with. I can not fork over the money we did AT Disney last year.. i think that was our biggest expense..Declan and his pin trading obsession..lol. So so far each kid will get 25 pins.. I am hoping to be able to get at least another 50-100 so Declan and Noah can go hog wild. They both collect so they run of of tradable ones fast..the wee ones just like to trade so they don't need as many kwim?

I am actually going to start getting our Disney box out and start tossing stuff in it. No one is getting whole new wardrobes like they did for last years trip though..LOL. Trying to decide if I want to buy special water bottles to bring or just stick with the free water at the parks.. prolly that one..less to drag with us.

Since we are not bringing a stroller for Taejan I also have to decide about if I am bringing a backpack in this time. We never once needed the clothes I had packed for the youngest..but I did use it for the DSLR on the days I brought it ( when it rained of course) and for the ponchos.. decisions decisions.. maybe a small crossover bag instead?

Also still deciding if we are going to go to MNSSHP.. I want to go..the kids want to go..I am having a hard time stomaching the price for 7 of us..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom